PDA

View Full Version : Smoke Bomb/Stun bug?

Squiddish
11-24-2010, 06:31 PM
I've had this happen several times now. I'm walking along on my merry way, down some random street, when OH MAH GAWD some guy takes a 45 degree turn and beelines to me. So I think "Ok, that guy's gonna try to kill me. I'mma throws mah smoke bomb!" So I do. And when I walk over to my attempted assailant, cackling madly and mashing B, nothing happens. And so I think to myself, "Lol, paranoia. He wasn't even after me".

But not 2 seconds later, the smoke bomb ends and he assassinates me.

Point of story: for some reason the game won't let me stun pursuers in my smoke bombs sometimes. Is it something about the smoke bomb I'm not getting? A Bug? Is this happening to other people too?

Squiddish
11-24-2010, 06:31 PM
I've had this happen several times now. I'm walking along on my merry way, down some random street, when OH MAH GAWD some guy takes a 45 degree turn and beelines to me. So I think "Ok, that guy's gonna try to kill me. I'mma throws mah smoke bomb!" So I do. And when I walk over to my attempted assailant, cackling madly and mashing B, nothing happens. And so I think to myself, "Lol, paranoia. He wasn't even after me".

But not 2 seconds later, the smoke bomb ends and he assassinates me.

Point of story: for some reason the game won't let me stun pursuers in my smoke bombs sometimes. Is it something about the smoke bomb I'm not getting? A Bug? Is this happening to other people too?

obliviondoll
11-24-2010, 06:35 PM
Smoke + stun works most of the time, but occasionally glitches. locking on usually fixes it.

Was a problem in the beta, is MUCH better now than it was then.