PDA

View Full Version : Bonus Codes

dchil279
08-23-2011, 01:29 PM
I have been dying to get my hands on a AC:R Special Edition because of the Turkish Assassin Armour, and now it seems that an oppurtunity has arisen since my sister is on a trip in Europe and will be there 'til December.

My question is, will the codes be region locked (PS3)?

dchil279
08-23-2011, 01:29 PM
I have been dying to get my hands on a AC:R Special Edition because of the Turkish Assassin Armour, and now it seems that an oppurtunity has arisen since my sister is on a trip in Europe and will be there 'til December.

My question is, will the codes be region locked (PS3)?

LightRey
08-23-2011, 03:19 PM
Isn't the entire game region locked?

kriegerdesgottes
08-23-2011, 03:21 PM
Actually I don't think so since the games use Bluerays, I don't think they are region locked but if they are there will be a One or Two on the back and Europeans use region code 2 so just look for that but I think you can play games bought in Europe.

reini03
08-23-2011, 05:20 PM
PlayStation 3 games don't have any region codes - you can play any game on any console. So I would guess that the same goes for PSN codes. Can't confirm that though

Elatreus
08-23-2011, 05:44 PM
The codes are normally region locked from where you bought them.

It depends how the codes will work. If you have to enter them into the PS store to get them, they wont work as the code will only work on the European PS store.

But if the extra content is already on the disc, and entering the code just "unlocks" the content already on the disc, then you should be fine.

If you have to enter the code on the PS store, you could always make a new account and say you're located in Europe to get access to the European store. It's against Sony terms of agreements to enter fake details, but it's an option.

dchil279
08-23-2011, 08:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Elatreus:

It depends how the codes will work. If you have to enter them into the PS store to get them, they wont work as the code will only work on the European PS store.

But if the extra content is already on the disc, and entering the code just "unlocks" the content already on the disc, then you should be fine.

If you have to enter the code on the PS store, you could always make a new account and say you're located in Europe to get access to the European store. It's against Sony terms of agreements to enter fake details, but it's an option. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
If I did that would it unlock the content on my real account too?

thanks for replying by the way

Elatreus
08-24-2011, 05:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dchil279:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Elatreus:

If you have to enter the code on the PS store, you could always make a new account and say you're located in Europe to get access to the European store. It's against Sony terms of agreements to enter fake details, but it's an option. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
If I did that would it unlock the content on my real account too?

thanks for replying by the way </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I assume it should unlock on your real account aswell. But I'm not totally sure about that.

Mr_Shade
08-24-2011, 05:58 AM
The only info I have - is that all DLC codes - ones you redeem via the PSN - ARE region locked.

The outfits - will most likely be downloaded from the PSN - so you have to be aware of that.

IF there is any DVD content - such as the film, then that may also be region locked to EU - region 2.

So - you import / buy at the risk that some content may not work, if you 'bypass' the normal procedures.