PDA

View Full Version : So far so good...

n1zmo94
10-14-2009, 06:32 PM
Hey guys,

I haven't received that joystick yet, so I've been plying single missions with the keyboard, I can take off... well I never had a problem with that once I saw it in the tutorial, but landing is another story, it is so hard with the keyboard that I just really don't try it anymore for now.

I have a question, I've been reading the nugget's guide and been thinking about the prop. pitch(I've read other threads about it but I didn't find an answer), do you guys really adjust it during combat? or do you just leave it at 90%?

Thank you
Andy

n1zmo94
10-14-2009, 06:32 PM
Hey guys,

I haven't received that joystick yet, so I've been plying single missions with the keyboard, I can take off... well I never had a problem with that once I saw it in the tutorial, but landing is another story, it is so hard with the keyboard that I just really don't try it anymore for now.

I have a question, I've been reading the nugget's guide and been thinking about the prop. pitch(I've read other threads about it but I didn't find an answer), do you guys really adjust it during combat? or do you just leave it at 90%?

Thank you
Andy

Ba5tard5word
10-14-2009, 06:42 PM
I generally leave it at 100% when flying level or when in a climb. If I go into a steep dive I will reduce it to like 30 to avoid over-revving the engine, which can kill it. I'm not really sure what to do for landing...I usually come in with 10 to 30% throttle (depending on how fast I'm coming in) and usually put PP down to 30 or 40% though I haven't quite figured out what is best to do.

I just started using CEM recently so I haven't totally gotten the hang of it.

Eow_TK
10-14-2009, 06:54 PM
Climbing, turn combat and landing-100%

Cruise-about 80% is ok. what i use anyway

Fast dive-60%

P-51D is a whold different story,
-100% climb and turn and burn (the latter not reccomended but doable)
-75% shallow dive for max speed.

These are just reccomendations for what I use

M_Gunz
10-14-2009, 07:19 PM
Keep the revs high during landing approach and landing. If you need to power up for a go-around not only will your revs
be high (instant thrust increase when you power up) but you won't be going from slow gyro to fast gyro when you do crank it.

High revs with low power will slow you down if you are too fast, you have better speed control.

As long as you stay above stall; use your pitch (nose up-down pitch) to control your speed and power to control your height/descent.

M_Gunz
10-14-2009, 07:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by n1zmo94:
Hey guys,

Thank you
Andy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Keyboard is full deflection but you can use trim to at least change where center is. In fact you can fly with trim alone
just as IRL though you'd better plan ahead and avoid hard moves especially using keyboard trim.

Especially when landing, if the plane wants to roll on you do not use aileron to level your wings. Use rudder instead.
Pick a plane with rudder trim if you do plan on using trim to control your flight.

doogerie
10-15-2009, 03:21 AM
I don't use trim that much mate it's pritty aratic i just hope that the next game has an auto trim or somthing if i had a trim wheel on my joystick my life would be so much easer but you know. good hunting

M_Gunz
10-15-2009, 03:45 AM
There's nothing erratic about the trim when you use it right. Bind keys to neutralize the trim and you can reach a
known condition any time you want. Not using pitch trim is a sure ticket to being slower even with a joystick.

Pudfark
10-15-2009, 10:46 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif M Gunz exactly right...my experiences duplicate your statement....especially a dedicated button for neutral trim...