PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft blowing up on Takeoff?

boomer714
04-03-2005, 10:45 AM
Salute All!

While using the PF full mission builder; when you go to place an aircraft on a carrier, I set the height to 30m and use takeoff as first waypoint. I save and hit play; mission loads and as soon as game screen appears; my aircraft crashes on the deck? How do I get this to work right?

Thanks in Advance,

boomer; CO of VF-1/JFC

boomer714
04-03-2005, 10:45 AM
Salute All!

While using the PF full mission builder; when you go to place an aircraft on a carrier, I set the height to 30m and use takeoff as first waypoint. I save and hit play; mission loads and as soon as game screen appears; my aircraft crashes on the deck? How do I get this to work right?

Thanks in Advance,

boomer; CO of VF-1/JFC

Canuck_21
04-03-2005, 10:53 AM
Hi, that's a very common problem ppl new to the FMB have. After putting in the take-off waypoint, you also need to hit the "set" (target?) tab on that screen, and point it at the aircraft carrier (so that it's name appears as the 'target'). Once you do that, you should be all set to go, with no need to set the height. Also, if you've got AI aircraft that you want to land back on that carrier, set the target as the carrier when you give the landing waypoint. Good luck.

boomer714
04-03-2005, 09:22 PM
Hey Canuck_21,

Thanks for the help; it made things work out fine.

S!

JunkoIfurita
04-04-2005, 03:28 AM
Speaking of exploding aircraft, did they ever fix that bug in the Yak-7 that was causing it to explode on takeoff as soon as it reached a certain speed?

I tend not to fly it (preferring the 1B or the 9 for that era), but I'm curious to know if it was ever adressed.

----