PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 2 Discussion Thread (continued)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

zgubilici
07-09-2008, 12:01 AM
Hello everyone,

This is the sequel to the AC sequel thread http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Just like the original thread, its purpose is to host ideas, speculations, wishes, possible release times, etc - in other words any and ALL kinds of discussions related to the upcoming second installment of the AC trilogy.

Original first post:

Originally posted by Teenmoneymaker:
Ok, people have been discussing about what the next game is going to be about. Alot of people say its going to be about a ninja, but I think it will stay in the crusades time because since its called assassins Creed 2 and at the beginning of the game the Hashashins had a creed which was there law so I really think there going to stick with the crusades. Just a thought but we will have to see.

The first AC2 thread can be found here. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/5321044016/p/1)

Enjoy your new AC2 thread http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

zgubilici
07-09-2008, 12:01 AM
Hello everyone,

This is the sequel to the AC sequel thread http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Just like the original thread, its purpose is to host ideas, speculations, wishes, possible release times, etc - in other words any and ALL kinds of discussions related to the upcoming second installment of the AC trilogy.

Original first post:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Teenmoneymaker:
Ok, people have been discussing about what the next game is going to be about. Alot of people say its going to be about a ninja, but I think it will stay in the crusades time because since its called assassins Creed 2 and at the beginning of the game the Hashashins had a creed which was there law so I really think there going to stick with the crusades. Just a thought but we will have to see. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The first AC2 thread can be found here. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/5321044016/p/1)

Enjoy your new AC2 thread http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

IPuke
07-09-2008, 12:22 AM
First Post For ME!!
Ok My Idea is LETS REMOVE THE CUTSCENES!

Kaxen6
07-09-2008, 12:30 AM
Can there be a compendium of what is in the first AC2 thread in the first post?

Or at least a "stop posting links to the CVG blog post about the ending of Assassin's Creed" and "Kaxen may beat you to death with a brick for saying Chinese is Japanese"

teamsolid
07-09-2008, 03:10 AM
I saw a postcard of japan once and its the same as in the end of AC! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/crackwhip.gif

ScytheOfGrim
07-09-2008, 03:58 AM
So the post card was of a lab, and using your Eagle Vision you could read the messages inscribed in blood about muffins being hidden in the fire extinguisher?

teamsolid
07-09-2008, 05:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ScytheOfGrim:
So the post card was of a lab, and using your Eagle Vision you could read the messages inscribed in blood about muffins being hidden in the fire extinguisher? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No it was of mount Fuji http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

M-dahaka
07-09-2008, 06:27 AM
I'm sorry if someone else brought in this idea, but i think alot of people are missing this little fact. I used to be alot in the prince of persia forums, and i just finished assassin's creed. I have been searching for info about the next game, and have read many speculations about it, but none of them speak about the little thing i found. When you have to go assassinate the 9th man, it turns out she is a woman, and altair lets her live. Later on, when he returns to Malec, he says that they will talk about her later. Couldn't it be that SHE may play a bigger part in the next game. Because as the way I see it, the game developers left a little clue about her story being continued when Altair talks to Malec. Maybe she'll play a bigger role in the next game.

ASH19861986
07-09-2008, 09:42 AM
any idea on when new AC2 is gonna be released?

zgubilici
07-09-2008, 09:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kaxen6:
Can there be a compendium of what is in the first AC2 thread in the first post?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure, that's a good idea - I will work on it but if anyone wishes to lend a hand in compiling a summary of the most important things in that thread, the help would be more than welcome http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

RosieKR
07-09-2008, 10:21 AM
in the other thread, people talk about the assassin's being from all over the world because of the different languages and references to different locations... this doesnt mean anything. there were 16 subjects prior to Desmond... meaning they're not necessarily assassin's but just people with ancestors that may have something to do with people in power back then. who knows, maybe 9 of the 16 are people whose ancestors were the 9 you had to assassinate... or better yet, 10.

Kaxen6
07-09-2008, 11:07 AM
Yeah. It is possible not all the subjects were Assassins.

In the e-mail about the Tunguska explosion, they mention getting their research department to go try to find anyone who is descended from someone involved, Assassin or Templar.

assasianhitman
07-09-2008, 03:37 PM
i dont think there will be a new AC
cuz the game have been realesed last year
and it takes years to make new part

Crash_Plague
07-09-2008, 04:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by assasianhitman:
and it takes years to make new part </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm, I'll give my response once I am able to decipher your cryptic code.....

teamsolid
07-09-2008, 06:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by assasianhitman:
and it takes years to make new part </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is a confirmed trilogy. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

caswallawn_2k7
07-09-2008, 07:34 PM
I think the next AC will be in japan with ninjas and stuff because of the writing on the wall http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

lol had to say it. but I think it is most likly that AC2 will be based around the same time but possibly from a differant angle like say in the next one it is based around the same story line but instead you through as a templar or something trying to infiltrate the assassins as if they just make it altair again doing assassination they may as well of just finnished it up with this game.

RosieKR
07-09-2008, 08:09 PM
but they've made the assassin's out to be the good guys and whatnot. also, altair is said to have assassinated every templar. it may have to do with Desmond helping find any traps and stuff through Altair or it may involve Desmond escaping through the facility... i mean, he doesnt really need all the fancy moves now, just as long as he can get a hold of a firearm. it's not like anyone can trick him by acting like a friend or anything because he's gained eagle vision now.

caswallawn_2k7
07-09-2008, 08:14 PM
it says he killed them all but it is possible they missed a few as the story actualy makes you belive it may be possible they are running the project anyway. also if he killed them all the woman who was disguised was not killed if she was willing to fight she most likly was a templar but allowed to leave.

RosieKR
07-09-2008, 10:38 PM
true, no way he could have gotten all of them. i just read it somewhere, whether it be the manual with the game or somewhere else.

edit: i also want to throw out there that during some cutscene in the game, the Damascus Bureau & Altair discuss some girl that Altair will be able to find someday... just a thought.

Kaxen6
07-09-2008, 10:49 PM
That's Adha. She's a stupidly boring damsel in distress in Altair's Chronicles.

larsv_000
07-10-2008, 03:53 AM
knights of templar , a secret group that was made by Richard&gt;L. i heard that somewhere.
don't now if it's true.they spoke about a woman in the game. She was gone or something. and altier must find her some day..... more details i don't now. only she is altier's wife. That can also be the story of the next game. we will see.

and i have some tips for the next game:
- i have heard about a co-up. (go on with that nice idea.)
-more side-quests
-the guards must be harder to kill.
-buildings, you can't go in them. maybe the next game?
-more stealth.
-night/day/rain?
-missions in the kingdom, there aren't in assassin's creed. you can only kill the templars and find flags in the kingdom. can be more. now you are more in the citys. but the kingdom is bigger.
-blood....
-jobs the people in the streets do nothing. let them buy some stuff. or let them talk to people. they only walk now or let them , i don't now. fishing or something.
- altair always kill people himself, why not a great attack with more assassins.
-more wapens, outfit?
- with your horse in the city

this isn't a negative opinion.
i give here some tips.
the game is awesome, only to sort.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gifbad english! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

T3h_M0d3ra70r
07-10-2008, 07:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by IPuke:
First Post For ME!!
Ok My Idea is LETS REMOVE THE CUTSCENES! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I completely disagree. AC was a very story driven game, removing the cut-scenes would be like removing the bacon from a BLT! Although it would be ideal to skip already viewed cut-scenes because on my third play through they became a real pain in the you know what!

Wait...were you joking?

XeRoXGT
07-10-2008, 09:07 AM
Well i searched the internet and i found this on Imdb.com
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1201133/

RuthlessDevilzz
07-12-2008, 02:47 AM
well either they took off the info or they didnt post anything at all cuz that didnt help

sage1994
07-12-2008, 04:01 AM
im thinking:

-maybe another view of the situation, like youre one of the templars or sumthing...

-co-up real nice idea... like u already have a assasination squad and when a friend joins hes just a member of squad...

-see the wounds after cutting...

-maybe planning assasinations for other assasins...

-(mentioned before) putfits and definetly more longrange weapons...

-now when al mualim is dead take over his rank and rule the other assasins...?

(Al Mualim) i could almost figure out he was going to be killed....

R..A..Z..O..R
07-12-2008, 07:21 AM
OK here is my theory on the two following titles in the assassins creed trilogy:

Game 1: we all played now and the story line ends with you being spared your life after revelaing a map showing locations of other artifacts

whilst the ancestors story ends with the death of your master, leaving you in control of the map also at that timeperiod...

Game 2: so the present day storyline would or should continue with them being unable to find any of the artifacts on the map, because your ancestor retrevied them before hand.

which would then make the actuall game story follow the lines of your using your memorys to locate what your ancester did with the artifacts

game 3: the present day story line would then tie in with the following events, the attack in the original to save your life, the current day location of the artifacts and you esacping the facitliy and retrieving them in present day settings

whilst the memory gameplay at this point would be removed as your character basically has now become his ancestor and fights his battle in the present day

thats what i think would make this games storyline go the distance, for me anyways

LaurenIsSoMosh
07-12-2008, 09:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sage1994:
-maybe planning assasinations for other assasins... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Action/adventure, not strategy.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">-(mentioned before) putfits and definetly more longrange weapons... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Outfits are kinda RPG style... and the Assassins don't use long range weapons. If nobody knows who assassinated the target or why he was assassinated in the first place, then the lesson will not be learned, the warning will not be noticed, and the next person up will yet again abuse the power, because the point wasn't made.

Killing up close gets the job done.

sealking2008
07-12-2008, 01:10 PM
They should make the story more in the present but still being able to go to the past.the guy in the present should be able to fight and sneak
around like his ancestor

spazzoo1025
07-12-2008, 05:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ScytheOfGrim:
So the post card was of a lab, and using your Eagle Vision you could read the messages inscribed in blood about muffins being hidden in the fire extinguisher? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lmfao scythe

sorry i'm late http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

iamkira
07-14-2008, 01:53 PM
actually there is a website that tells about the "code" at the end of the game next to the animus there is a link below for this site

[URL=http://www.cheatcc.com/xbox360/sg/assassins_creed.txt]

p.s. i agree with the new features

DarthKoth
07-14-2008, 08:11 PM
Hi all

Reading this: http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/3294.html

Doesn't look hopeful, we need to scream how much we want this from the roof tops.

I think if they build on what they have in the first AC we could have a fantastic game and I need this story to continue.

Kaxen6
07-14-2008, 09:11 PM
That article is reading the quote wrong, I think.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">From Forbes (http://www.forbes.com/2008/06/18/ubisoft-game-assassin-tech-innovationeu08-cx_mji_0618ubisoft.html?partner=yahootix):

Similarly, there's no new "Assassin's Creed" this year, despite its sales success. "When we bring it back, there will be more anticipation for it," Detoc says.

Strategically holding back production on some games has created more time for Ubisoft to develop new products. The company plans to launch five new game brands and several new casual properties in fiscal 2009. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He says "when we bring it back, there will be more anticipation" not "We will bring it back when there is more anticipation" Thus the next paragraph of the Forbes article mentioning strategically holding back games.

Simxlr
07-15-2008, 02:21 PM
Hey. I know ist late to give idea for Assassins creed 2. But i was thinking whay not make game like this story in less popular citys. Like Vilnius - Lithuania capital. Well its my country http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif. But it has great history like ower midel age citys. And my capital Vilnius in 2009 will be Europ capital of culpture, because we will celabrate our contry name 1000 year how it was published. So theat is all. Sorry for grama mistakes.

AltairAnubis
07-15-2008, 05:54 PM
Just giving some late ideas for the hope so AC2 game
I heard people talking about AC2 being in japan and with ninjas.I totally disagree with that idea because ninja and assassin are two different things and if they do start it in japan it would have have to start the story for another ancestor throwing away the good story AC had going.And those writings on the wall could have been from anyone. They don't necessarily had to be from another assassin because Abstergo didn't just research assassins since they've found so much from their searching and assassin totally rule over ninjas

-day/night cycle
-citizens more active
-medevial times
-modern time
-more weapons up only ones that don't allow target to escape
-maybe co-op
-more cities
-more side mission than eavesdropping, etc
-maybe switch/link between past and future through Altair and Desmond during gameplay

Simxlr
07-16-2008, 03:45 AM
hey
I agreed with AltairAnubis. Because its not ninja, but i thing Asia can be add like in Silk rode. This would be more logical to do in AC2. Because: 1) action was near Silk rode,
2) its the Middle Ages and Japan wasn't so knowed. It was found by Europe in about XV age (if i right).
3) Its the Middle Ages and criss-cross wasin't defeated yet.

Theats all. Sory for mistakes.

sensationikke
07-16-2008, 04:47 AM
I don't think AC2 would be with ninjas. This is just something different then an assassin, and it calls assassin's creed for something eh.

I hope the sequel will come. Assassin's creed is something original and special. They just have to make a sequel!

Maby going in houses could be fun. This doesn't means you could go in every house...
Go ubi!

evasion438
07-17-2008, 01:00 AM
i think to bring in ninja's would be a big mistake. although it could be fun i think it would muck up the storyline.
it would be so easy to continue Altair's story. Altair has just killed Al Mualim (hope its spelled right) so he may well claim himself leader of the assassins.
He's just been confronted with a mind controlling object, i doubt Altair will simply say "oh yep, ill just continue with my life then" he is likely to investigate into it, therefore coming face to face with other artifacts such as (as i read on a site that explains the ending in full) the holy grail, which (apparently) according to subject 16 (the writer of the mysterious drawings) is a key tool in stopping the abstergo from doing their world wide mind control thing.
But who knows, maybe another of Desmond's ancestors is a ninja and this holy grail is located in japan. If they do it right Ubisoft may be able to pull off a "Ninja's Creed" but i worry that they will somehow wreck it.

in response to the post stating that there may not even be a sequel;
they flippin' better make a sequel after an ending like that!

Scorpio318
07-17-2008, 01:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sensationikke:
I don't think AC2 would be with ninjas. This is just something different then an assassin, and it calls assassin's creed for something eh.

I hope the sequel will come. Assassin's creed is something original and special. They just have to make a sequel!

Maby going in houses could be fun. This doesn't means you could go in every house...
Go ubi! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree, there are too many Ninja style games already made, like Tenchu Z and stuff. If AC2 has to be on the same story lines I would say:
1/ They make Altair the Assassin Master and have a new apprentice to fight there
2/ They take Altair to the fighting in the Hundred years War in France (only a few years later)
3/ The story was originally of the ancestor, so why not show Desmonds assassin story, if the Templars are still alive then why couldn't it continue in modern day?

Just suggestions

phantom_4112
07-18-2008, 07:55 PM
One of the references in an email was about time maninlulation. Maybe this was a hint to the new prince game, a reference to the sands or saying that desmond or altier will use the sands or some other time manipulation device. I also hope that they have side missions in the kingdom and the cities, not unlike the random characters in gta4. Desmond has eagle vision now, and since he is in the future, maybe it will be stealth action game like the first when you play as altier, and a gears style cover shooter as desmond only with free running. And I bet the chineese reference means that altier will go to japan at some point in the next 2 games, as well as all the other areas mentioned. Also, they need swimming and horses in cities. I also hope they have more complex missions. Don't get me wrong, I love the structure of the first game, it is my favorite game of all time, but they could have sacrificed a little of the non-linearity in order to have more depth, like the very first part in the tomb, and the fights against robre(could never spell his name) and mualim.

spazzoo1025
07-18-2008, 07:57 PM
*it's spelt Robert.

also, I highly doubt that AC will have any assimilation to the new PoP game. The email was probably just referring to the vast power that the Pieces of Eden have.

phantom_4112
07-18-2008, 08:06 PM
im thinking:

-maybe another view of the situation, like youre one of the templars or sumthing...

-co-up real nice idea... like u already have a assasination squad and when a friend joins hes just a member of squad...

-see the wounds after cutting...

-maybe planning assasinations for other assasins...

sorry, dont know how to qoute, but NO... One of the creeds is to never comromise the brotherhood, directly or inderectly so that ideas out, and I would never be caught dead as a templar in an assassins creed game. Altier would kick my butt http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif (not replyin to him no more) And it is a social stealth game, to everybody wanting a day/night cycle. A social stealth game in the crusades where nobody was outside after dark unless they were up to something. And to everbody wantin more weapons, MACEZ AND BROADSORDZ 4 TEH WINZ!!!!1!!! /sarcasm, seriously, if altier had any more weapons on him the gaurds might acually start getting suspicious...

Pansieman
07-19-2008, 10:53 PM
I think it should be called Assassin's Creed 2:Tools of the Templars

stanman141
07-20-2008, 01:12 AM
you know that video at the beginning of the game..... yea well sinces its a trilagy theres more then 2 theres 3 that video should be the very last assassination of the franchize and also no modern assassins creed because guns and all that its just gonna be like borne conpericy and thats a really bad game keep it in the crusades i guess yous can add more citys like keep all the citys just add more get a new master for the assassins put a crossbow i guess since its in the video in the beginning of the game also new wepons hidding places and smarter guards cause i can kill them to easy..... cant wait for the game

Lilmichaelson
07-20-2008, 01:38 AM
All I can say is that your character will definitely be an assassin I am sure the combat and climbing system will be the same if not really close so I think the idea that you will play as Desmond the whole time is a bit off. There are quite a few ideas I like here but people are speaking as if they are sure it will be one way or another I can only wait and see but listening to you all has gotten me a bit excited.

Scorpio318
07-20-2008, 01:10 PM
Having Desmond the whole time doesn't seem right, even if he is an assassin with Eagle Vision and stuff, he has no weapons, his finger hasn't been cut off and hes the last assassin so how would you get objectives?

Then the Japan thing sounds too weird, how would anyone in the 1100-1200s know where Japan was, they didnt know much about anything beyond the Himalayas, although the glowing globe at the end of the game (tryin not to spoil it) does give away alot :P

Co-op is a must, maybe as an idea for XBox Live (to all those 360 people out there) you can have matchmaking on different objectives, like capture the flag, Team Slayer (swords), Free for All, Assassination (1 assassin against everyone else, rotates each round)

All just suggestions

Kaxen6
07-20-2008, 01:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scorpio318:
Having Desmond the whole time doesn't seem right, even if he is an assassin with Eagle Vision and stuff, he has no weapons, his finger hasn't been cut off and hes the last assassin so how would you get objectives?

Then the Japan thing sounds too weird, how would anyone in the 1100-1200s know where Japan was, they didnt know much about anything beyond the Himalayas, although the glowing globe at the end of the game (tryin not to spoil it) does give away alot :P

Co-op is a must, maybe as an idea for XBox Live (to all those 360 people out there) you can have matchmaking on different objectives, like capture the flag, Team Slayer (swords), Free for All, Assassination (1 assassin against everyone else, rotates each round)

All just suggestions </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I doubt Desmond is the last Assassin, though they are definitely outnumbered. &gt;_&gt; I'm under the (positive thinking?) impression that Abstergo can't possibly be that thorough... Hell, look at the US vs. guerrilla warfare...

Around 830 CE, Caliph al-Ma'mun commissioned a group of astronomers to measure the distance from Tadmur to al-Raqqah, in modern Syria. They found the cities to be separated by one degree of latitude and the distance between them to be 66 2/3 miles and thus calculated the Earth's circumference to be 24,000 miles, a value which differs from modern estimates by about 3.6%.

They might have known about China, considering the Silk Road's existence. I dunno about Japan though... *has spent all her time thinking about Chinese Assassins*

GaryIsGzus
07-20-2008, 07:02 PM
lol, desmond is obviously not the last assassin. if you were quick to notice, at the end of the game when you first realize you got Eagle's Vision, Lucy was marked blue, as an ally. and her ring finger was also missing. therefore, she was an assassin, right before desmond's eyes, and they cannot be the only two, and even if they were, that still would make for a nice companion sequel with Lucy.

Kaxen6
07-20-2008, 07:05 PM
Lucy's not missing a finger. She has all ten fingers if you look at her hands throughout the game. She just bends her finger back.

GaryIsGzus
07-20-2008, 07:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by M-dahaka:
I'm sorry if someone else brought in this idea, but i think alot of people are missing this little fact. I used to be alot in the prince of persia forums, and i just finished assassin's creed. I have been searching for info about the next game, and have read many speculations about it, but none of them speak about the little thing i found. When you have to go assassinate the 9th man, it turns out she is a woman, and altair lets her live. Later on, when he returns to Malec, he says that they will talk about her later. Couldn't it be that SHE may play a bigger part in the next game. Because as the way I see it, the game developers left a little clue about her story being continued when Altair talks to Malec. Maybe she'll play a bigger role in the next game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i have the same thoughts. it's proven that Lucy is a genuine assassin herself. what if the girl later joins the assassin's ranks, considerring the chances of Altair being the new leader, and Lucy is the decesndant of that girl? therefore, the story is continued.

DreamerM
07-20-2008, 10:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
i have the same thoughts. it's proven that Lucy is a genuine assassin herself. what if the girl later joins the assassin's ranks, considerring the chances of Altair being the new leader, and Lucy is the decesndant of that girl? therefore, the story is continued. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm still unsure of HOW MUCH of an assassin Lucy is. She's REALLY deep undercover. when she was telling the story about her PHD, she was telling a true story: her scientific knowledge and training must be very real. At the moment I'm leaning more towards her being an Informant-esque assassin sympathizer then a real Hidden-Blade Assassin.

I don't think Maria will be Altair's love interest. Yes she's the only woman who can really be called a character, but they made it pretty clear that her loyalty to Robert was unshakable. She was willing to die for him, and still is. Altair killed him, she's not going to be too thrilled about that, I can see her coming back as the main villain in the next game. Since she's the only member of the Templar inner circle left alive, I think she's the one who is going to rebuild their conspiracy after Altair's purge.

I'm more interested in the brief mention of "Adah." No, I don't count the DS game as cannon, it's too inane. But Adah before Maria.

Kaxen6
07-20-2008, 11:44 PM
Yeah... Maria likes Robert... Robert was the only person privy to Maria even being a woman... Robert trusted Maria for doing important stuff even though she was a woman in medieval times. Maria put herself in a position where she could potentially get stabbed to death in order to help Robert...

Maria is Robert's secret snugglemuffin! ...okay, pure speculation, but yeah, I think they're secret snugglemuffins and refuse to say lovers instead of snugglemuffins.

That said, even though Altair chose not to stab her to death, I don't think that is enough to make her turncoat even after Robert's death. Hell, I'd be pretty angry if I found out a guy stabbed my secret snugglemuffin that I was attempting to help...

And over my time staring at the Assassin's Creed art book far too much, I noticed Maria's concept art has the exact same face as a woman in a business suit somewhere else in the book... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/luciferownsme/maria-1.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/luciferownsme/futuremeria.jpg

&gt;_&gt; If Altair's Chronicles somehow works into canon, I'm going to fall out of my chair and use said chair to throw at the writers... Though... Adha was the Chalice and I can't decide if they differentiate between a Holy Chalice and the Holy Grail... because Abstergo says that the Holy Grail doesn't exist (or at least they've got something more reliable to run after).

iamkira
07-21-2008, 11:49 AM
i agree with stanman141. guns would not be an assasin weapon for the charectar ubi created. altair is more about stealth not loud weopens even with a silencer. afterall like someone else said if u take a target out from a distance, no one will get the messsage which then foills the assasins attemps to peace

kristianity
07-21-2008, 02:34 PM
hey im mark or my friends call me kristian..

but what i want to know when would ac2 be out and what is the storyline + where is it set...

AChttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

AltairAnubis
07-21-2008, 09:25 PM
I think we have come up with alot of ideas for ubi soft to work with. I hope they don't disappoint us in the next game. The ideas like the day/night cycle is really cool even though some would disagree with it. I understand it's a social stealth game but maybe at night you would have to get somt rest in the game and/or if you stay up you won't have enough energy or what not to fullfill the next days mission. Maybe ubi can have us play sometimes as desmond in the modern day and sometimes in the past as Altair. To add a little gun play and sword play at the same time.

Joshua1220
07-22-2008, 01:20 AM
Yeah I'm making a reply to the notion of more long rang weapons. I agree with those who don't believe in having long rang weapons for it defeats the thrill of the game. Okay let me give you two examples one with a bow the other is ye old stabbing one.

Here it goes (Stabbing)
Guard: "Hey did you hear of that assassin killing on of the nobles in Jerusalem?"
Frank: "Yes the white hooded assassin struck again"

Okay now with the bow
Guard: "Hey Frank did you hear about that flying arrow incident?"
Frank: "Yep watch the sky there every where arrows nasty little things shot that noble in the buttocks yesterday"
Guard: "ouch sounds painful well you be on the look out for them arrows now watch you butt"

you see ranged weapons take the feel out of it. All the chases the fear factor. It wouldn't be fun if you could pick off the final boss with one shot from your bow 100 yards away.

thetaomega
07-22-2008, 11:29 AM
I agree with what you said. One thing I thought was contradictory to the approach of an Assassin was Altair's outfit; he was the only person inside the city with a weapon other than guards; makes him stand out especially in all white. Features I'd also like to see added in AC2 are:
-The day and night with inclement weather would be a sweet touch.
-There should be more weapons, crossbow like in the original trailer, etc.
-The guards should be able to kill you (standing unarmed with full health takes the guards a good minute to kill you). They should be able to stab you if they get a good combo on you and arrows should kill you if they penetrate your suit. Jade Raymond originally said this game was going to be very different because death would come much easier than most games, but they eventually parted from that concept and I think it should be revisited because an assassin taking on 20+ guards isn't too realistic and the main emphasis of this game is realism and credibility.
-You should be able to chop off body parts like arms, legs, head, etc.
-Should have more mini-missions to gather information
-Altair should be much better at fist fighting
-More reversal kills. With these added it would be much more difficult for a guard to stab Altair since he can reverse practically any attack.
-More dialogues between guards and civilians
-Guards should be more aware of your presence if Altair's suit is going to be that noticeable
-My recommendation for the outfit would to essentially keep the same outfit if the time period permits but hide the sword inside the robe so it is still retrievable but not as noticeable. And the knife on the back should be repositioned and hidden as well because it would have fallen out countless times with all the running and jumping Altair does.
-Guards shouldn't flip out when you gallop or ride a horse and other civilians should also be riding horses through the kingdom and outside cities.
There are probably a few more I've missed but those are just some beginning ideas that I'd love to see in AC2. I'm not hating on the game, it is probably my 3rd favorite game of all time and I've beaten it 5 times already so please don't get the wrong idea. Hopefully AC2 will be as impressive and sustaining as the original.

Kaxen6
07-22-2008, 11:39 AM
I was willing to forgive the lack of weather in Assassin's Creed because I can only assume that the Middle East in summer isn't the rainy season...

But if they move the location to some situation whether weather should be there, they definitely should implement it.

They were going to have more horsebackriding, but it was a debugging nightmare or something, if I remember correctly. I really wish the guards would chase you on horseback. It would be less boring seeing as it's faster to run pell-mell through the kingdom than be all social stealthy about it...

thetaomega
07-22-2008, 11:46 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by GaryIsGzus:
lol, desmond is obviously not the last assassin. if you were quick to notice, at the end of the game when you first realize you got Eagle's Vision, Lucy was marked blue, as an ally.
^Also, allies marked in blue do not mean they are assassin's, just allies. If you use the eagle vision on Masyaf or however you spell it the gaurds are marked with blue but they are not assassin's.

Lilmichaelson
07-22-2008, 03:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thetaomega:
I agree with what you said. One thing I thought was contradictory to the approach of an Assassin was Altair's outfit; he was the only person inside the city with a weapon other than guards; makes him stand out especially in all white. Features I'd also like to see added in AC2 are:
-There should be more weapons, crossbow like in the original trailer, etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Altair and the guards were not the only ones with weapons there were those mercenaries but I understand that there should be more people with them.
A crossbow was going to be in the game but there were a few reasons why not to have one, having one would definitely stand out because no one else had one and reloading would be troublesome when you could just throw another knife.
Having even more weapons would also make you stand out quite a load some and you wouldn't exactly be able to climb buildings very well with 80 pounds of equipment attached to you.

spazzoo1025
07-22-2008, 03:52 PM
i can haz crossbow???

Alpha048
07-22-2008, 05:38 PM
hey my first comment http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif ==SPOILER== When Desmond learns how to use eagle vision whats the abuss cos on the wall it says 'I entered the abuss and never returned* and the lines comin from that face thing makes it almost look like some sort of portal loll

spazzoo1025
07-22-2008, 07:05 PM
i believe it's meant to say abyss, Alpha048. An abyss is defined as an immeasurably deep chasm, depth, or void.
Also:
a. The primeval chaos out of which it was believed that the earth and sky were formed.
b. The abode of evil spirits; hell.

moeSS117
07-22-2008, 07:52 PM
Alright people heres an idea (just an idea) is there a chance that the writing on the walls/floor at the end is from past subjects and that there as stated in the game more peices of eden so perhaps there are other assassin brotherhoods in other countries and the other subjects may be descendants (just like Desmond) of the other Master Assassin's (Al Mualim's) or Templars. As M-dahaka stated what if the female you meet in the 9th assassination plays a bigger role in the 2nd and perhaps the 3rd.

spazzoo1025
07-22-2008, 07:59 PM
The writing on the walls was written in the blood of the dying Subject 16.

Alpha048
07-23-2008, 05:14 AM
When the assassins come to save Desmond and you hear all the gunfire the man at the other end says "Theres only a few we can outnumber them" or somthing like that,after the fight you hear another man say "everythings fine now" could it be that the assassins won?

Talonclaw95
07-23-2008, 05:26 AM
Thats whatI thought. Could it be the Assassins themselves said that?

Alpha048
07-23-2008, 05:44 AM
lol imagine the start of AC 2 as... You wake up in your bed to an alarm going off, you walk out of your room and ask whats happening your reply is "It seems your little friends made it!" you say "Wh..." then the door gets blown apart and you see a dark figure standing there all of a sudden several assassins run out one grabs you and another grabs Lucy, you notice their running straight towards the window you struggle to get free and notice you cant,you close your eyes as you hit the window... when you open your eyes your on a helicopter heading to an unknown location... :P

Alpha048
07-23-2008, 06:16 AM
And also at the start of the game Desmond says "But im not an Assassin ... well not anymore" so was he previously an assassin?

spazzoo1025
07-23-2008, 08:52 AM
First of all, Alph, please don't double-post. You can user the little eraser button in the bottom right to change your previous post.

Second of all, I believe it was discussed in the game that he had previously spent time on some kind of farm, training to be an assassin (correct me if i'm wrong).

I'd just like to throw this out there...I kinda hope Lucy either gets killed or discovered in the 2nd game. I just think that it would add to Desmond's anger against Abstergo and spur him on to take the company down.

thetaomega
07-24-2008, 11:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lilmichaelson:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thetaomega:
-There should be more weapons, crossbow like in the original trailer, etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Altair and the guards were not the only ones with weapons there were those mercenaries but I understand that there should be more people with them.
A crossbow was going to be in the game but there were a few reasons why not to have one, having one would definitely stand out because no one else had one and reloading would be troublesome when you could just throw another knife.
Having even more weapons would also make you stand out quite a load some and you wouldn't exactly be able to climb buildings very well with 80 pounds of equipment attached to you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

^I understand what you're saying but I didn't mean adding weapons to the ****nal of Altair, I meant more style of weapons. Instead of getting the "upgrade" (which is essentially the same weapon throughout the game anyway) after a completed assassination, you could choose from different styles of a sword, knife, and throwing knives at any time during the game, all the while concealing them within Altair's outfit like I went on to mention later in my posting.

Lilmichaelson
07-25-2008, 04:31 AM
Yeah those are features I would enjoy as well also what you said does make sense

Miikkii
07-25-2008, 05:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by M-dahaka:
I'm sorry if someone else brought in this idea, but i think alot of people are missing this little fact. I used to be alot in the prince of persia forums, and i just finished assassin's creed. I have been searching for info about the next game, and have read many speculations about it, but none of them speak about the little thing i found. When you have to go assassinate the 9th man, it turns out she is a woman, and altair lets her live. Later on, when he returns to Malec, he says that they will talk about her later. Couldn't it be that SHE may play a bigger part in the next game. Because as the way I see it, the game developers left a little clue about her story being continued when Altair talks to Malec. Maybe she'll play a bigger role in the next game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

kool, never noticed that i just went on and finished it and never payed attention to the decoy. good idea!

L0rdeKing
07-25-2008, 05:56 AM
it would be really nice if the element of reality used better on the next sequels of the game
for instance, trees and plants move according to the wind's direction. and it would be nice to have day and night time settings specially for side quests. and vigilenates would differ according to their nature and place in the city let's say that they can help you in your main mission or hide you when you are chased...etc.

yeah I know all of these ideas and others like it would be great but put in mind that it will mean more work to do and more space required on your drive. but nothing is impossible.

IAMCronxs
07-27-2008, 02:09 AM
I think AC2 will include Altair and Desmond all the way. First of all Altair is now the leader of the Assassins knowing the location of all the other artifacts, and most certainly he will try to get most of them, to secure them from the Templars, that includes going to Japan, Mexico, Peru, Egypt, etc. Maybe not all but most, that would make the game even more spectacular.

Also this maybe a little crazy but I believe the woman that Altair lets her go while trying to kill Robert might be an ancestor of lucy or her friend who was killed.

The ending sequence gives a proof that all civilizations were linked by this artifacts and that all of where part of a great plan, if subject 16 could speak in so many lengauges and know so much from so many cultures, why can't Desmond's decendants visit and learn this too...

This even makes me think that maybe Altair is not the next main character but maybe Altair's son, grandson or someone else from Desmond's family. Since the beginning they said that they isolated the info they needed from Altair's memories from the DNA sequence but that doesn't mean that other Altair's descendants memories weren't included on his DNA or Altair's future adventures.

L0rdeKing
07-27-2008, 03:12 AM
your point is the most logical one I heard till now

amp11Sky
07-27-2008, 05:30 PM
Ummm... you guys do know that Ubisoft doesn't plan on making an Assassin's Creed 2. After what happened with the Prince of Persia sequels, they decided to only make originals and no more sequels. HOWEVER, I read that if there is enough people say online that they want a sequel to Assassin's Creed, they night consider it. I know i sure want one. Anyway, don't complain directly to Ubisoft, post comments on every form you can find telling people you want an Assassin's Creed 2... we might get lucky.

Kaxen6
07-27-2008, 06:17 PM
They're making Assassin's Creed 2.

caswallawn_2k7
07-27-2008, 06:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">After what happened with the Prince of Persia sequels, they decided to only make originals and no more sequels. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
so they didnt anounce a new Prince of Persia at E3? I must of just imagined the entire thing http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

amp11Sky
07-28-2008, 12:43 AM
They did mention Prince of Persia 3 at E3, but all the sequels so far have done horribly. Thats why they don't plan on making an Assassin's Creed 2 (but trust me, I want them to.) Here check this: http://www.joystiq.com/2008/06/24/ubisoft-wants-anticip...r-assassins-creed-2/ (http://www.joystiq.com/2008/06/24/ubisoft-wants-anticipation-for-assassins-creed-2/)
Ubisoft is looking for more anticipation for an Assassin's Creed sequel, and at the moment there isn't enough to start development.

amp11Sky
07-28-2008, 12:51 AM
Plus, how can Ubisoft be making an Assassin's Creed 2 if they are currently making Prince of Persia 3? Its the same team of developers who make both games, and they certainly aren't working on both. Anyway... I'm not saying there won't ever be an Assassin's Creed 2, it just won't be here for a long time.

Kaxen6
07-28-2008, 01:38 AM
Oh quit back-pedaling, you dolt. You went from "they don't plan on making an Assassin's Creed 2" to "I'm not saying there won't ever be an Assassin's Creed 2, it just won't be here for a long time." in a fricking double-post!

And it's not Prince of Persia 3 (even if it was continuation, it would be 4). It's just a new Prince of Persia with no continuity with the previous ones.

mostwanted4life
07-28-2008, 06:01 AM
i am just waiting for the next ac but its been almost a year when is it going to arrive?
will there be guns in the game cuz when we saw the last scene there were assaisns trying to save altiar but they were killed using guns will we be using guns later against the current templars??

caswallawn_2k7
07-28-2008, 06:09 AM
a Ubi spokesman has said they plan on make AC2 just that it wont be released straight away. EA is the only firm that releases yearly games and they are crap most games take sevral years to make. even EA has said that making a game in a year is a stretch and that is why there are now 2 teams making need for speed so they can actualy take 2 years on a game.

The fact is if you want a good game you cant expect it out in a year. if you want a good game wait and the wait will be worth it as I think the origonal AC took over 3 years to make.

ExcelKilla
07-28-2008, 02:09 PM
It is just a pity they never did download episodes for assassins creed, like they did with tomb raider

Lilmichaelson
07-28-2008, 07:25 PM
Ubisoft Montreal has one of the largest developing teams world wide. That's how.

Digidude39
07-29-2008, 03:14 AM
This is my theory:

Based upon the e-mail in the conference room i have a small theory pertaining to the "time-travel" portion. My personal belief is Altair and Desmond team up to destroy the templars and stop the satellite thingy. However AC2 may also explain what happened to the guy before Desmond.....

Dark_Assassin
07-29-2008, 04:18 AM
just a thought, you start as altiar then as in AC you wake up into desmond but you drempt as altiar. as you continue through the storyline with desmond you play as altiar as desmond sleeps.(hopefully more than he is awake :/)

moqqy
07-29-2008, 07:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Digidude39:
This is my theory:

Based upon the e-mail in the conference room i have a small theory pertaining to the "time-travel" portion. My personal belief is Altair and Desmond team up to destroy the templars and stop the satellite thingy. However AC2 may also explain what happened to the guy before Desmond..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's no time-travel so how could Desmond and Altair team up?

dragonbrono
07-29-2008, 10:45 PM
I think that it will be set in the time off the astects because it has some names off the astec gods.

mostwanted4life
07-30-2008, 04:18 AM
ya but what still on my mind is there going to be guns?? and is that secrotory an assassin spying on the templars? thats what we are supossed tp figure out to get an idea of ac2!!

caswallawn_2k7
07-30-2008, 04:24 AM
I doubt there will be guns as they wont want the game to just be another FPS game. so most likly they will stick the past going after the artifacts.

mostwanted4life
07-30-2008, 04:25 AM
if it took 3 years to make its because they didnt have a story to start with and the graphics needed alot of time to be worked with but the problem is when u finish the game the only thing u do is pick pocket, jump around or re-do ur missions thats boaring but the story was very nice!!

someone please answer this will there be guns!!

mostwanted4life
07-30-2008, 04:27 AM
thank u for answering but i hope the game has a longer story and i hope it wont be in japan, i liked where ac location it was nice i hope this time it will be in europe or the same like before.

caswallawn_2k7
07-30-2008, 04:28 AM
no1 knows what will be in the game apart from ubisoft (if development is that far) and they havnt released any info other than saying there will be a trilogy. but you can bet since AC did well very little will change during the 3 games as if something works why change it?

Cainza
07-30-2008, 04:29 AM
Hey guys sorry if this has been posted , but i had a chinese friend translate the writings for me.

"it's saying - if u want to know that's going to happen inthe future , u know it from what u are doing now"

"it's saying if ppl are not worrying about something in front of then ( close to now / close problems ) ,they will be worrying about something in the future"

"having heard about it would be better than having never heard about it ,having heard about it is not better than having seen it,to have seen it is not better than to know it,to know it is not better than to have tried it"

Hope this helps *wink wink*

caswallawn_2k7
07-30-2008, 07:08 AM
it has been translated before but thanks for the effort anyway.

AltairAnubis
07-30-2008, 09:35 PM
if ubisoft continue with the flow of the story with a little more reality the Assassins Creed trilogy could be one to remember, you know like some kind of movie trilogy.

xProHOTSHOT
07-30-2008, 11:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by spazzoo1025:
First of all, Alph, please don't double-post. You can user the little eraser button in the bottom right to change your previous post.

Second of all, I believe it was discussed in the game that he had previously spent time on some kind of farm, training to be an assassin (correct me if i'm wrong).

I'd just like to throw this out there...I kinda hope Lucy either gets killed or discovered in the 2nd game. I just think that it would add to Desmond's anger against Abstergo and spur him on to take the company down. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can u please tell me where tht part is ive been following these forums for a while just signed up a second ago. i love this game and am an achievement ho. im going through the game to get every one of those dna strips lit u and for the achievements. i just wanted to know where that part is cause i want to see the reaction of desmond for the Dr. knowing his.

caswallawn_2k7
07-31-2008, 03:45 AM
you get to find out he was on a farm by talking to lucy one of the times she was walking round the lab near the begining of the game.

spazzoo1025
07-31-2008, 05:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xProHOTSHOT:
i am an achievement ho. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the correct term would be achievement ***** http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

AngelHoof
07-31-2008, 08:16 AM
I, for one, would love to see expanded Hidden Blade (sort of) combat.

Not many people seem to have noticed the feeling of using Hidden Blade in combat, where you seem to have no weapon in your hands, and you have three opponents waving big bastard swords. The first one has a strike towards you, but it doesn't take long before you puncture his chest with your hidden blade and then finishes him off with a punch, breaking his jaw.

However, the downside to this is that you have no way to protect yourself, other than the evade, which... Kinda sucks.

The hidden blade may be removed in the upcomming sequel, but I believe in a replacement. Advance this weapon to something more than it is now. Make it a real weapon, something to be feared.

Thank you for your time.

Andy

xProHOTSHOT
07-31-2008, 02:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by spazzoo1025:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xProHOTSHOT:
i am an achievement ho. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the correct term would be achievement ***** http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yha i know but i didnt know if the site would block the word out.

And at casswallawn- yah i didnt talk to lucy all that much so thats probably why i didnt hear that but thanks anyway.

xProHOTSHOT
07-31-2008, 02:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AngelHoof:
I, for one, would love to see expanded Hidden Blade (sort of) combat.

Not many people seem to have noticed the feeling of using Hidden Blade in combat, where you seem to have no weapon in your hands, and you have three opponents waving big bastard swords. The first one has a strike towards you, but it doesn't take long before you puncture his chest with your hidden blade and then finishes him off with a punch, breaking his jaw.

However, the downside to this is that you have no way to protect yourself, other than the evade, which... Kinda sucks.

The hidden blade may be removed in the upcomming sequel, but I believe in a replacement. Advance this weapon to something more than it is now. Make it a real weapon, something to be feared.

Thank you for your time.

Andy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When i was first playing through ac and desmond steals the pens. i thought that i was gnna have to do something stealthy outside the animus like stab a guard break free then get captured and returned to my room. so i guess if the game is present day i would enjoy shanking guards with a pen and not a small hidden blade.

Denson
08-02-2008, 06:01 PM
yo check out this youtube ac2 trailer it looks a bit different 2 ac1 lol!!!!!!!!! click here to see it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J9trmTwDxc)

Kaxen6
08-02-2008, 06:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Denson:
yo check out this youtube ac2 trailer it looks a bit different 2 ac1 click here to see it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J9trmTwDxc) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif Are you stupid?

caswallawn_2k7
08-02-2008, 06:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Denson:
yo check out this youtube ac2 trailer it looks a bit different 2 ac1 click here to see it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J9trmTwDxc) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
well done you win the prize for thinking a april fools joke is real months after april fools day http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

grashopper
08-02-2008, 07:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
well done you win the prize for thinking a april fools joke is real months after april fools day http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Man...I played Assassin's Creed two and didn't even know it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

SinisterDark
08-03-2008, 02:03 AM
G'day PPL's this is AngelsLove or AngelsLove2 or AngelsLove4 if you will , haha. Had some probs with my profile dublicating itself or some such awkwardness, so i made one without a profile and went the opposite direction for naming. My other names and profiles are the real me not this abomination of a name. AC2 huh ? well some of you may have read my post from AngelsLove4 and yeah its a bit cryptic but what do you want from me. This is a puplic forum and i seriously don't want some people taking my ideas... You have them Ubisoft! Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati , thats where it needs to go , its unlimited potential in both scope and design and their fellowship and organization is something that infultrates all facets of living society to date from government to destitute .... i actually have the plot the story and a ending in my mind that i've carried for years but i don't think the ending is anything we'd appreciate behing human and all. But yeah there you have it , once again those that know go for gold , those that don't... enjoy what these artists we call game developers turn out because whether they use my ideas yours or someone elses its gotta be a good thing!!! Oh and Jade, Petrice Make them go Co-Op , Love yall http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif ! stay kewl http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif

Peace And Love 2 U All

chuamishael
08-03-2008, 01:22 PM
I think we might need to use guns in AC2 ! snipers perhaps. in a more futuristic settings.

caswallawn_2k7
08-03-2008, 07:59 PM
I think in AC2 we are going to play the ghost of altair and you have to scare the templars to death before the exorcists get you http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Icarus724
08-04-2008, 10:05 AM
i think there shud b more interaction with the environment .. like moving boxes .. swimmin in the water .. things which actualy also become a part of the environment puzzle ..jus like the old school lol .. apart from this .. the aim shudnt always b assasination .. horse in the city is a good idea ..and the gameplay MUST increase .. i guess level designing and everything isnt all that easy but then they probably have to wait and b sure about the fact that the game they make next is long enuff for ppl to enjoy... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif...

alteremagam
08-04-2008, 10:15 AM
Okay im tired of hearing this.What is assassin's creed 2 is going to be about.OKay here we go.

1.The chinese writing on the ground.

2.The time period.

3.The storyline.

1.Okay,lets start off with this the chinese writing on the ground,In 1256 the chinese moguls desroyed the assassins's brotherhood.So that's probably what the chinese writing stands for.

2.The time period will drift a little bit so we will still be in the crusades.The time period is 1256 because that's when the moguls desroyed the assassins.

3.Okay,the stroyline will probably be about altair avenging the assassin's trying to take revenge still giving you that assassin's creed fill.You still will be killing people.Leading closer to the moguls.And i dont know much about the templars.

So all of that is real info from the real assassin's wikipedia.I think i make since with this possibly thread http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Denson
08-04-2008, 05:56 PM
lol all u lot r soooo out coz my friend works for ubisoft and i got 2 play a taster of AC2 YAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! it rocks. It was only a ten min taster though.

spazzoo1025
08-04-2008, 06:03 PM
oh wow that's amazing Denson! What's your friend do at Ubi?

Denson
08-04-2008, 06:05 PM
he tests the games and looks for the buggs in the game

Kid_Phazon
08-04-2008, 06:14 PM
yo check out this youtube ac2 trailer it looks a bit different 2 ac1 click here to see it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J9trmTwDxc) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I was actually more interested in the History Of Horror response. Yay Silent Hill.

the_assassin_07
08-05-2008, 03:53 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Oh yeah, someone go on http://www.king.com and play at me at pool. I will own youuuuu... Maybe http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

petestar1969
08-05-2008, 05:57 AM
Good to see the original post has not been edited for typo's and generally crap spelling and grammar.

My only wishes for a sequel are make it longer, more varied and more difficult.

petestar1969
08-05-2008, 06:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by petestar1969:
Good to see the original post has not been edited for typo's and generally crap spelling and grammar.

My only wishes for a sequel are make it longer, more varied and more difficult. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Clearly as the game is primarily a console game my wishes are unlikely to come true.

caswallawn_2k7
08-05-2008, 06:21 AM
he tests the games and looks for the buggs in the game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
considering AC2 wont even be near a alpha version yet there is no need for a beta tester as that all takes place in about 5 to 6 months upto release.

LaurenIsSoMosh
08-05-2008, 10:56 AM
What I think should happen is:

Desmond breaks out of Abstergo and goes on the run with Lucy.

Slowly, Desmond begins to suffer from the Bleeding Effect, sometimes having breakdowns, confusion, can't remember who he is or what time he's in, and can't differentiate between his genetic memory and real memory. And eventually as the story moves on, it gets much worse, and Lucy realizes that she has to help Desmond before he's destroyed by it.

I don't want it to be something like Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones, where you can play as Desmond for awhile and then have a multiple personality disorder where you turn into "Desmond thinks he's Altair" mode. I think it should only happen during cutscenes, as a plot device, not a gameplay device.

And near the end, Desmond has a terrible breakdown, but Lucy helps him through it, and after that the Bleeding Effect cancels out because Desmond with the help of Lucy has differentiated between genetic and real memories.

And since Ubisoft doesn't want to have an actual health system, instead calling it a synchronization system where taking damage causes Desmond to desynchronize, I have an idea for playing in the present, where there is no synchronization.

Desmond escapes before Abstergo is done with him, and after he's gone, they get to the site of the Piece of Eden but it's not there, and they realize that they still need Desmond's memories. So they need him alive, which means that the player can never be killed. My idea is that, since they need him alive, they can only weaken him. They can't use guns, or swords, or whatever else lethal. And when Desmond is weakened too much, he enters some kind of exhausted state that he has to get out of.

spazzoo1025
08-05-2008, 11:07 AM
Nice idea Lauren http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I think it'd be cool if they had a part where Des is having kind of a breakdown and he thinks Lucy is Al Mualim and he almost kills her

LaurenIsSoMosh
08-05-2008, 11:21 AM
Hahaha, thanks.

I'm worried that some narb will misunderstand me and think I actually want Desmond to have different memory modes.

"Yah i like that idea i think Desmond mode should be all sneaky and cool because hes sneaky and he steals their pens and stuffs and Altair mode should be all ninja-like cause he's a ninja and the japanese writing on the wall is japanese and yah." http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

It should definitely just be part of the story. The internal struggle to remember who you are, I think it would be really interesting and would make a great part of the sequel's story. But as a gameplay device, would be totally sucky and a Persia rip-off.

"Kwik, switch to Altair mode to exape and climb the buildins!" XD

altair_019
08-05-2008, 11:45 AM
I have some real nice ideas for Assassin's Creed 2.

#1: To make the HUD and options menu a bit more "optionized". I like to have no hud AT ALL, but then I won't hear the blinking noise when the guards are informed, and I sometimes have my blade drawn when assassinating and so on. Make something out of that.

#2: I've always found it strange why the guards never suspect anything (some) when you jump off a building right in front of them.

#3: This one is about the combat system. I love it, and everything that is related to it, but there is one thing that seems to miss out. I think the blood doesn't have enough detail - when you stab a guy, there is no wound... just blood. sometimes the blood can appear on the other half of the body. And as for assassinations, I'd like to see a better animation there.

#4: Make all the assassins go to war with the templars. I mean a real war, out in the middle of nowhere on a battlefield. Make the leader say "Archers!!" and they fire - like in the movies xD

#5: Why not make Altaţr travel between countries?

The last: DON'T MAKE IT REPITIVE!!!

MAKE EVERY MISSION UNIQUE!!!

the end

alteremagam
08-05-2008, 12:05 PM
I told you already.In assassin's creed 2 it will be chinese moguls because of the writing on the ground.And the wikipedia saya the moguls desroyed the creed brotherhood

caswallawn_2k7
08-05-2008, 12:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alteremagam:
I told you already.In assassin's creed 2 it will be chinese moguls because of the writing on the ground.And the wikipedia saya the moguls desroyed the creed brotherhood </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
but doesnt that mean that the person before desmond found that out so why would they need to send some1 to look at that period again?

alteremagam
08-05-2008, 05:06 PM
That's the thing caswallan at the end they said they weren't finished with him yet. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Inviz57
08-05-2008, 06:40 PM
Tell me if I am wrong but heres what I think could have made this game much better, or ideas for Assassins Creed 2. Thanks.

I can just kill every single guard let alone every single person in the city (waiting for bars to resyncronise) and I can still accomplish the assassination (therefore the mission) with probably no-one in the city! Not much of a challenge and doesnt make much of an stealthy assassination then does it.

I think it would add more suspense and fun if the surviving guards could recognise Altair after he escapes them... this would make sure you as a player put more thinking into the game by trying to avoid them and calculate paths to get through them unnoticed.

This way we could make more constructive use of the map rather than just to see where view points and investigations are... which I believe you as a player should figure out yourself anyway (eagle vision, citizens shouting for help, eagles above buildings), rather than just find it on the map.

Yet even if this was implemented the guards are soooo easy to kill... the player would simple choose to kill them.

There should be different ranks of guards.

The ones guarding gates and entrances into important buildings should be very hard, maybe impossible to kill.

This way you would HAVE to use the scholars, and to use the scholars you would HAVE to unlock them by saving a citizen which mean theres more stages to go through and so more thinking done by the player to accomplish the assassination, more challenge.

Different ranks of guards with some that are extremely hard to kill that can recognise you will also make sure you think twice before killing an easier ranked guard.

This way rather than just choosing to start a fight and kill every guard attacking you... you will have to do what Altair was actually ment to do and assassinate some vital-to-kill guards stealthily.

"Ok so what are the fight there for then?" you ask. Well the fights could be to use with some characters involved in the missions. For example an interrogation could involve a sword fight with a character in a less crowdy place rather than a simple fist fight where the character simple yeilds after a few punches.

"Just that?" No, as side missions, templars could be killed by fights. They dont affect the missions, so why not.

Why I think the fights are sooo easyy: COUNTER ATTACK ABILITY.

The counter attack is like Altair on auto-pilot to kill. Though I agree it is fun in the short-term.

Counter attacks should be limited to use in numbers for each assassination? or each time you see Al Mualim? or... I don't know maybe for each time Altair rests at the bureau.

There should however be more abilities similar to the combo kill ability which isn't as easy as the counter attack ability.
Maybe an ability which could let you kill more than one guard at once which involves a combination of keystrokes at the right time to make it a bit more challenging for a more awarding ability.

To sum up it up... more challenges please rather than just repetitive rituals. Though this is a stealth based game you're not obliged to use stealth and in fact its at same level of difficulty to accomplish missions and make progress in the game by not using stealth.

This is almost like a GOD MODE cheat in a game, and we all know cheats take away all the fun of the game.

dcszymanski
08-05-2008, 09:38 PM
i think the new one should be about Desmond becoming an assassin and killing people in the future. but only using knives and maybe a bow because he is trying to keep to the creed or something.that would be fun.

Ozzykozzy2
08-06-2008, 02:14 AM
the bleeding effect will allow Altair to combine minds with Desmond, effectively bringing Altair to the present, or rather the future. 's probably where the second game is gonna end too... with lucy welcoming back her master.

spazzoo1025
08-06-2008, 07:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ozzykozzy2:
with lucy welcoming back her master. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

uhhh who's Lucy's master???

SinisterDark
08-06-2008, 07:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LaurenIsSoMosh:
Hahaha, thanks.

I'm worried that some narb will misunderstand me and think I actually want Desmond to have different memory modes.

"Yah i like that idea i think Desmond mode should be all sneaky and cool because hes sneaky and he steals their pens and stuffs and Altair mode should be all ninja-like cause he's a ninja and the japanese writing on the wall is japanese and yah." http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

It should definitely just be part of the story. The internal struggle to remember who you are, I think it would be really interesting and would make a great part of the sequel's story. But as a gameplay device, would be totally sucky and a Persia rip-off.

"Kwik, switch to Altair mode to exape and climb the buildins!" XD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Awsome LaurenIstheMosh who's to say that machine didn't totally mess things up in his head, i've seen confused people at their worst and believe me its certainly something to behold when the person is question has skills in combat &lt;wishes cousin wasn't so dang violent&gt; can you imagine a Desmond walking around in the world with a big brain burst and loosing it, total retention of all memory's OMG quick someone hide the pens and mind the ledges!!! Ooh See Illuminati

Peace And Love 2 U All

gman301
08-07-2008, 07:43 AM
I think that assasins creed 2 should have desmind or however you spell that and have him escape because the ending ****ed me off idk what happened he started seeing stuff and everyone was gone! But if you talked to lucy enough she was an assasin so she should help him escape in assasins creed 2 but i also agree that there should be altair in creed 2 also i mean seriosly find a wway to get him in there http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

AltairAnubis
08-07-2008, 08:54 AM
I think the game of assassins creed 2 should take place over a course of time kind of like how grand theft auto 4 is set up. I think instead of sitting on a bunch to eaveadrop, you should have the ability to listen out for the conversation yourself for example if you hear a conversation about your assassinatio target you stand and listen for a while but however if you miss out on the intel the harder it is to complete your mission. I think you should be able to choose a day when to kill you target base on the info you gather. Maybe failing a assassination because of your poor intel can effect what happpens in the future with desmond.
for example missing the kill of a templar. Not killing the templar causes you to have to kill them in the future. And not always do have to kill some one in the past maybe sometimes it maybe better to kill them in the future.

altairnfriends
08-09-2008, 12:33 AM
you all forget nothing is true =] btw for a while i thought the key he stole was going to be used as a hidden blade damn you des

Ozzykozzy2
08-09-2008, 07:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ozzykozzy2:
the bleeding effect will allow Altair to combine minds with Desmond, effectively bringing Altair to the present, or rather the future. 's probably where the second game is gonna end too... with lucy welcoming back her master. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The master of the assassins, altair...

spazzoo1025
08-09-2008, 08:06 AM
with lucy welcoming back her master. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The master of the assassins, altair... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

TBH, Lucy wasn't an assassin. So maybe she'll be like "hey dude, I know you!" but she won't be worshiping him or anything

AltairAnubis
08-09-2008, 11:20 PM
I sure hope UBI isn't afraid of making AC2 because of all the bad talk about AC1. I hope they take in consideration they we fans want another AC and know that the fans have their back all the way, and use it as encouragement to make AC2.

drfeelgood8849
08-10-2008, 02:45 AM
@altairanubis

assassins creed is a trilogy, its already confirmed.

spazzoo1025
08-10-2008, 08:35 AM
From reading some interview somewhere, Ubisoft seems to have learned from the PoP games (like, they're not gonna pump games out for money). So, they're waiting until more people want AC2 to start making it.

Kaxen6
08-10-2008, 11:32 AM
From reading some interview somewhere, Ubisoft seems to have learned from the PoP games (like, they're not gonna pump games out for money). So, they're waiting until more people want AC2 to start making it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He says "when we bring it back, there will be more anticipation" not "We will bring it back when there is more anticipation" Thus the next paragraph of the Forbes article mentioning strategically holding back games.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">From Forbes (http://www.forbes.com/2008/06/18/ubisoft-game-assassin-tech-innovationeu08-cx_mji_0618ubisoft.html?partner=yahootix):

Similarly, there's no new "Assassin's Creed" this year, despite its sales success. "When we bring it back, there will be more anticipation for it," Detoc says.

Strategically holding back production on some games has created more time for Ubisoft to develop new products. The company plans to launch five new game brands and several new casual properties in fiscal 2009. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

almun
08-12-2008, 12:49 PM
to those of you who didnt play this the way it was ment to be played(those who didnt complete it a 100% getting all the converstaions and unlocking the leads put in by the developers)... here is an ending explaination for you.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=175552

and as for the setting of ac2 there is an culture wich sank into the ocean in japan to be precise the island Yonaguni where the buildings dates back before any other buildings found and since thiese artefacts the templars arelooking for seems to be the older than civilization.. so why not seach for the answer at the oldest civilization known to man oh and did i mention that on the globe shown in the game there is a red spot at the cost of japan and in the game the vidic says to the guy on the phone that: some of the artifacts are located where landmass doesnt exist anymore..

so japan it will be... also japan is know for assassins...

also in the text on the walls it says something like:
they took my soul, so i drain my blood, to help you do not give them what they want.
if you read the post on the link you will understand the endeng better...

ubisoft made a wise decision with the ending almost 1000 and one night kind of thing...

as for who the main charater is it will be desmond as it is in the first game.. but altair i dont think we will see much off since for every generation we go back we have twice as meny ancestors then at the previus generation thats alot of people back in ancient times oh and as for when the game comes out well since there is a date mentioned all over the game the final game in the triology will most likely come out in 2012...

happy reading... oh and waiting... xD

kulkie
08-12-2008, 02:35 PM
lot of pages so havent been able to read them all so i dont know if anyones said this idea before ;p. i figured that perhaps a dual wield part of the game would bring a new style of combat to the game, the longsword in the main hand and the short in the offhand, this could bring new styles of combo attacks. thats my idea anyways ;p

also it would be nice if they put something in after the game is completed to give ya something to do once youve completed the game, just for fun maybe http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif, i loved the storyline of the game but once i completed i instantly stoped playing it.

kulkie
08-12-2008, 02:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by inviz-t:

Why I think the fights are sooo easyy: COUNTER ATTACK ABILITY.

The counter attack is like Altair on auto-pilot to kill. Though I agree it is fun in the short-term.

Counter attacks should be limited to use in numbers for each assassination? or each time you see Al Mualim? or... I don't know maybe for each time Altair rests at the bureau.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i agree with this, i dont know if youve played World of Warcraft, i think that he could have something similar to the way rogues have energy that keeps charging, except it recharges slowly, and you can only use counterattack if you have enough energy to do so. you can probably see where thats going. it would be a good way to limit the number of counter attacks in 1 fight but allows you to enter the next fight with full counter attacks after a little rest on a bench or whatever ;p

SockIt2EmBigD
08-13-2008, 01:43 PM
I heard something from a guy at my local Gamestop and he mentioned something about AC2 will have a completly different premise. Is he full of **** or does anyone have some real info. I really hope he's wrong. It would really suck to lose the greatest part of the game. The wait for info is killing me.

meguren
08-13-2008, 02:10 PM
I know this is gonna sound stupid, but does anyone have any idea as to when AC2 is gonna be released? - i've only just finished the 1st one and i think it's been out for a while now and have heard about it being a trilogy.

even just a 'ball park' date??

the game is class and i want more!!!!!

thanks

drfeelgood8849
08-13-2008, 02:42 PM
late 2010 maybe, that just my thought though.

ROBJ808
08-13-2008, 04:30 PM
in assassins creed i really enjoyed the early mission where you had to defend your own town i would like to see another type of mission like this but on a bigger scale where mabey your fighting alongside other skilled assassins and whilst in a large scale fight you coud have a secondary objective to assassinate there heavily gaurded leader of the attack.

also i would like to see a co-op campaigne where you can takle the missions through 2 player mode where you could use the second player as an advantage to cause a disturbance somewhere to distract the guards whilst player 1 assassainates the target.

can't wait for ac2

XxRTEKxX
08-13-2008, 05:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">as for who the main charater is it will be desmond as it is in the first game.. but altair i dont think we will see much off since for every generation we go back we have twice as meny ancestors </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you are going to be competely wrong on your theory. It's Altair on the cover of the game. It's Altair who we play as through the majority of the game. Altair is the reason people play this game. Altair's part in the game is what gamers want to play, not Desmond. Desmond is not the main character, and most likely never will be. The sequences where we played as Desmond were boring, but they told the story. The MAJORITY of the game where we got to play as Altair was fun, and it was the reason the MAJORITY of us gamers played the game.

If Ubisoft gets away from the premise of Altair, and the storyline of Altair, and make us play as Desmond, or some other ancestor we haven't heard about, the next game will tank. Everyone I talked to online hated the Desmond sequences, they just wanted to get into the game of running across roof tops and geting into sword fights, and couldnt give a flying **** about the storyline or Desmond and his boring sequences.

Now, China or Japan, if they go to that side of the world and let us play as a ninja, then hell yeah........I'll go for that. You never know, Altair might have gotten some Asian strange on a distant travel he made to Japan or China looking for that lost island. They had a son, who learned the sneaky arts of the Ninja and of Altair's Assassin skills. After all, Ninja's were assassins. They did alot of the same moves that Altair does.

spazzoo1025
08-13-2008, 06:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by XxCH0NGxX:
Everyone I talked to online hated the Desmond sequences, they just wanted to get into the game of running across roof tops and geting into sword fights, and couldnt give a flying **** about the storyline or Desmond and his boring sequences.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If Ubisoft takes any of these suggestions, then that would make people want to play as Desmond more, because he'd have a more major role in the game.

XxRTEKxX
08-13-2008, 11:38 PM
Desmond sequences are boring. Most of us don't care about the story, we just want to get in there and fight knights, and those arab dudes. Also having to sit through those long opening talks with that Osama looking dude in the castle are a waste of time.

Oh and no, people wouldn't want to play more as Desmond. He's stuck in a labratory and can't go anywhere and moves really slow. Altair gets to do all the cool stuff. That's what we want. You might want more of those sequences, but not many people do. Less of the boring and more of the action and fun.

Kaxen6
08-13-2008, 11:56 PM
:-/ You're playing the wrong game if you want no story...

ScytheOfGrim
08-14-2008, 12:16 AM
Dynasty Warriors. Period.
Seriously, you'll like it better.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Minty6009
08-14-2008, 04:23 AM
Well, here's my list that I'd like to see in Assassins Creed 2.

-Bigger environment
-Less load times
-Set in a HUGE city (Like New York or Tokyo)
-Customizable weapons and armor/clothing
-Better hand to hand combat
-Night/Day and Weather cycle
-Co-op online
-Longer story line, more side missions
-More stealth
-Awesome gadgets like things
-Go into buildings
-Blood (A bit of brutality)
-Set in the future/present times
-Better AI that make more sense
-Some kind of skill/leveling system

There's probably more I want to add in there, but I think they're the things that will make Assassins Creed 2 godlike

When I say better AI, I mean.. In Assassins Creed gaurds can climb like you.. It's just stupid. And people in the streets don't really do anything, they need more activities. In a huge open world environment set in the present/future where you use mainly melee weapons and attacks, with maybe a handgun or something, the AI is gonna need something more to do..

Also, when I say customisation for the weapons, armor/clothing, I mean like a huge variety, not just colours and stuff, I mean like.. Freakin' huge variety with almost endless choices. That would make the game so much better.

Also adding like a skill/leveling system into the game would make it way better, because you'd also be wanting to make your character better etc.. So players would have more reason to play it.

Just my thoughts http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

ROBJ808
08-14-2008, 04:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Minty6009:

-Bigger environment
-Less load times
-Co-op online
-More stealth
-Go into buildings
-Some kind of skill/leveling system

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i toatly agree with all of these suggestions but i don't think the game sould be set in any other time than the past as this is what makes the game

also when you talk about weapons you said mabey a gun i think the only gun type weapon could be a crossbow like the one in the clip when you start up the game.

going back to a crossbow idea and following the gadgets idea i think mabey you could have a arrow with a rope attacthed so you could fire it at a wall the run or shimmy across the rope

XxRTEKxX
08-14-2008, 12:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kaxen6:
:-/ You're playing the wrong game if you want no story... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never said I didn't want a story. I just said I want more action and less story. Ability to skip past the story sequences for those of us who want to go straight into the action. The storyline in the game is cool, but once I've seen it and heard it a thousand times, I don't care for hearing the same dialogue over and over again when I'm just trying to get into the game and kill some people. I understand having to play through the Desmond sequence, but I'd at least like to have an option to skip it once I've beaten the game once.

XxRTEKxX
08-14-2008, 12:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Well, here's my list that I'd like to see in Assassins Creed 2.

-Bigger environment
-Less load times
-Co-op online
-More stealth
-Go into buildings
-Set in the future/present times
-Some kind of skill/leveling system </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Things you mentioned about present of future times, might as well go play Splinter Cell. This game's draw is the time period we have in AC1. I agree with the bigger maps, weather and time cycles. That would be badass. Though with bigger maps and weather and time would bring upon longer load times. Can't really have it both ways, especially with the quality of graphics we have now. Add co-op to the mix, and the load times are going to be much longer, or there will be some ridiculous lag in the game. Going into buildings would be cool, but again, more load times. As far as blood, hell yeah they need more of it. I like the amount of blood in TenchuZ. Though the graphics suck, it's cool to impale someone and walk away as blood continues to spew out their back.

Kaxen6
08-14-2008, 01:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by XxCH0NGxX:

I never said I didn't want a story. I just said I want more action and less story. Ability to skip past the story sequences for those of us who want to go straight into the action. The storyline in the game is cool, but once I've seen it and heard it a thousand times, I don't care for hearing the same dialogue over and over again when I'm just trying to get into the game and kill some people. I understand having to play through the Desmond sequence, but I'd at least like to have an option to skip it once I've beaten the game once. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You also said you didn't want more Desmond...

Desmond's the frickin' hub of the story.

the-guyver
08-14-2008, 02:01 PM
eeerrrr... ok why have i only just discovered this forum? i think that AC2 should without a doubt be set in the next generation to altair's life, his son or grandson. with more fighting skills and deffently with more free running moves, they could even squeeze a few more weapons in! and whats with the crossbow in the opening scenes of AC1 and why dont you get it in the game?

Kaxen6
08-14-2008, 02:17 PM
The developers decided to cut the crossbow (a crossbow takes around whole minute to reload even if you were good at it) and put in throwing knives, but apparently didn't make a new movie... -_-'

WorldsGamer
08-14-2008, 02:59 PM
What chance do we have of getting Assassins Creed 2 on Wii?

Geinref
08-14-2008, 03:44 PM
I honestly think that Assassin's creed was awesome and I'm easily pleased with it so adding anything would be good but if they don't well i would still buy it. Of course they will add more things obviously. Anyways i like the counter kills and i hope they stay that way. I know someone posted that they should adjust it where you can't do it all the time. Well my opinion is that i think its good the way it is. Besides Altair is an assassin and i think him knowing the ART OF THE KILL will make him an unstoppable assassin which means he knows how to counter really good. Though i would like it that the AI would challenge you to a counter contest type thing. Where for example if you counter a guard, he can counter that counter and he will throw another attack at you and you can continue to counter. Sort of like Ocarina of Time where you fight Ganon and you have to rebel back his fireball that he throws at you. As you reflect it back and so does he, it gets faster and adds some challenge. Though of course instead of countering fireballs you counter another counter and so on and so forth. Another thing that i think would be cool to is that when someone is about to attack you from behind you can counter that while you are attacking someone else. So you can kill two ppl or more. I do agree with adding more side quests, those are always fun at times. I do like how the guards can go up on rooftops as well, it adds to the small challenge that they can go up on rooftops and chase you around. It would be lame to just get on a roof and all they do is stare at you.

I'll post more later because i know people don't like reading a block of a message lol. Sorry

Cirion
08-14-2008, 08:23 PM
Well everyone seems fixed on the fact of a different location/time period but how about a different time in Altair's life. There were a few mentions of Altair's past life from a few of the informants which mentioned about some missing girl, past missions, and also excelling in training. So already an option they can do to make the whole "regain your gear" phase that games usually continue if they have them, they could have Altair while he's being trained, or something to that extent. Yes thats right a prequel of a memory and a sequel for Desmond.

squatingdog33
08-15-2008, 04:22 PM
if you look on Wikipedia it says that most of the writings are about the end of the world. i dont kno how that ties in but maybe you do.

ROBJ808
08-15-2008, 04:49 PM
i think the whole being a ninja in japan idea won't happen straight away if at all the story isn't finished there are so many questions unanswered. i personally think that at the end of assassins creed 1 they saved desmond so they could use him in the next assassins creed, they might use him to go back into the animus and mabey play as altiars son who had gained the knowledge of where the artifacts were and searched for them but had to assassinate the keepers of them to get them.

after writing that i really hope that is not the next assassins creed story as it sounds S***

in assassins creed i really enjoyed the early mission where you had to defend your own town i would like to see another type of mission like this but on a bigger scale where mabey your fighting alongside other skilled assassins and whilst in a large scale fight you coud have a secondary objective to assassinate there heavily gaurded leader of the attack.

XxRTEKxX
08-15-2008, 09:00 PM

I never said I didn't want a story. I just said I want more action and less story. Ability to skip past the story sequences for those of us who want to go straight into the action. The storyline in the game is cool, but once I've seen it and heard it a thousand times, I don't care for hearing the same dialogue over and over again when I'm just trying to get into the game and kill some people. I understand having to play through the Desmond sequence, but I'd at least like to have an option to skip it once I've beaten the game once. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Desmond's the frickin' hub of the story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No **** Sherlock.

AngelsLove2
08-16-2008, 08:06 PM

Desmond's the frickin' hub of the story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No **** Sherlock. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I Love Whats happening At This Moment In History

Mmm do I Delete or Do I Not .... I Love LOVE if yall can feel't then cmon down

Perdicles
08-16-2008, 09:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ASH19861986:
any idea on when new AC2 is gonna be released? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
i would say end of 2009 begginning of 2010

Mizz_Assassin
08-17-2008, 06:39 AM
i heard they havent even started on AC2 yet untill they know everyone wants it.. I WANT IT!!

Kaxen6
08-17-2008, 11:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mizz_Assassin:
i heard they havent even started on AC2 yet untill they know everyone wants it.. I WANT IT!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They know people want it. This thread went for a 100 pages already. People need to stop misquoting that darned Forbes article.

niksannh
08-17-2008, 04:49 PM
I'm getting mad. People don't read at all. I'm reading this for about 12 pages all ready and I've learned so much, and some don't read even the last page where it is all write down. Now to tell what I'm thinking about all the nice and stupid ideas I've read in hear.
The idea of going in Japan on the sunk island isn't that bad if ubi don't make you stupid ninja flying over the trees, but you're still some assassin from the brotherhood. Someone write for clothes choice and it can be made, but the assassins all of them in AC are with white clothes except Al Mualim with the black one. The weather is nice idea and they can make you to go sleep somewhere at night or you cover to be broken and assassination could not be complete. Present/future part with Desmond - only the story and to can be passed. Very important AC isn't FPS so don't make AC2 FPS and don't brake it like this. If there is guns in the present with Desmend it'll ruin the all game. This is for now, when i have something more to say you'll read it.
P.P. And sorry for the bad english but see the time when i wrote this (1:48 in the evening).

mwhop78
08-17-2008, 05:12 PM
I really enjoyed AC besides the repetition. One of the top games I played last year. Please start on a sequel already.

ROBJ808
08-19-2008, 03:08 PM
1.More weapons you need a list of about 15 weapons and then the ability to choose your set of weapons before your assassination.

2.CO-OP but have it so mabey 5 of you online race to assassinate a target you get pionts for the assassination and pionts for stealth,escape,gaurds killed you could chose to work together and be a team or work alone

3.in assassins creed i really enjoyed the early mission where you had to defend your own town i would like to see another type of mission like this but on a bigger scale where mabey your fighting alongside other skilled assassins and whilst in a large scale fight you coud have a secondary objective to assassinate there heavily gaurded leader of the attack.

caswallawn_2k7
08-19-2008, 03:12 PM
why would you have 15 weapons? an assasin wouldnt use a bow as they are too cumbersom for the way they work. they wouldnt use a crossbow as they are too slow. with swords you can only go so far before your beating a dead horse.

XxRTEKxX
08-19-2008, 09:53 PM
I wish we could get a game based in this time period with the current sword fighting, but where we get to move through a massive battlefield with soldiers fighting everywhere, and we have to fight our way through to get to our main target. Like ROBJ808 was suggesting. Imagine the last battle scene from King Arthur, smokey battlefield, fighting everywhere, and you're in the middle of it.

xProHOTSHOT
08-20-2008, 12:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">as for who the main charater is it will be desmond as it is in the first game.. but altair i dont think we will see much off since for every generation we go back we have twice as meny ancestors </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you are going to be competely wrong on your theory. It's Altair on the cover of the game. It's Altair who we play as through the majority of the game. Altair is the reason people play this game. Altair's part in the game is what gamers want to play, not Desmond. Desmond is not the main character, and most likely never will be. The sequences where we played as Desmond were boring, but they told the story. The MAJORITY of the game where we got to play as Altair was fun, and it was the reason the MAJORITY of us gamers played the game.

If Ubisoft gets away from the premise of Altair, and the storyline of Altair, and make us play as Desmond, or some other ancestor we haven't heard about, the next game will tank. Everyone I talked to online hated the Desmond sequences, they just wanted to get into the game of running across roof tops and geting into sword fights, and couldnt give a flying **** about the storyline or Desmond and his boring sequences.

Now, China or Japan, if they go to that side of the world and let us play as a ninja, then hell yeah........I'll go for that. You never know, Altair might have gotten some Asian strange on a distant travel he made to Japan or China looking for that lost island. They had a son, who learned the sneaky arts of the Ninja and of Altair's Assassin skills. After all, Ninja's were assassins. They did alot of the same moves that Altair does. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes altair may be the protaganist in AC1, now that we are seeing the first effects of the bleeding phase and desmond is becoming more like altair. My thought is that you will still play as altair but there will be more desmond play. slowly becoming altair in his time period. when he fully becomes altair he learns how to control his memories and use the altairs skill with his own. then that will be premise of ac3 ,new-born desmond uses his new abilities to stop abstergo.but btw i dont think 2010 maybe late/holiday 2009. but thats what i think the game might be http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

sad part is i dont think any of the ubi staff not even the lesser staff(site mods) is even listening. unfortunetly were all just hyping ourselves up here and no noticement will be taken unless this thread breaks the 200 pg mark. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Niosus
08-20-2008, 11:45 AM
1. I think the dev will go faster than AC1 because they know for sure that it is going to sell( first one hyped so second one probably aswell) AND they got the profit that they can use

2.i agree with the "more weapons" idea, there should be a selection of weapons available at every bureau. most other ideas have already been noted the last 10 pages...

Kaxen6
08-20-2008, 05:55 PM
How many weapons does an assassin need for heaven's sake?

sword, short sword, hidden blade, and throwing knives seemed adequate... unless you're talking like upgrading weapons?

XxRTEKxX
08-20-2008, 06:59 PM
The greatest assassin's of all time were ninjas. Most the time they were gardeners. All they needed to kill was their short sicles. Rest the time when they were going on special missions, they would vary on what they would carry. Obviously, a human can't carry too much and expect to be leaping, climbing, running, and jumping around. That's why ninjas were the masters of assassinations. They took what they needed to kill, and what they needed to escape unseen.

Anything more than what Altair carries right now is overkill. They should allow the option to carry upto what he carries now, but carrying a max load of equipment would decrease his agility.

Now as far as his social stealth goes, wouldn't carrying a sword, a daggar, throwing knives and being hooded, all draw suspicions? It's kind of like walking through a mall with a sidearm straped to your belt. Cops, civilians and security are probably going to question your intentions. Plus, once you sneak or fight your way into the castle(city) walls shouldn't the guards/soldiers be on the look out for suspicious looking people? Altair looks extremely suspicious.

I'd rather Altair carry all his weapons hidden under his clothing. Or at least wear some kind of something wrapped around him to sort of conceal the weapons.

spazzoo1025
08-20-2008, 07:37 PM
wooo crossbow!

Niosus
08-21-2008, 02:10 AM
a weapon that you can kill with without spilling blood, something like fist knuckles

crossbow for targets further way, throwing knife for closer.

gunpowder was invented later but with that piece of edan you maybe could make some "flashbangs" or something like that.

If you're looking for weapons to kill people, let your imagination go http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif you can kill people with everything if you use it right!

caswallawn_2k7
08-21-2008, 02:39 AM
even ninjas had relitivly few weapons (sword and throwing blades) the rest of thie equipment was either to help them climb or go un noticed and then they had things such as small explosives to cause distractions and other objects that use sand and the likes to blind the person.

but realy they still only had a sword and throwing weapons. I dont even know why people say cross bows depending on the string power they can be quite difficult to reload making them prety much one shot then you either throw it or die.

but the fact is keeping with the time frame and the fact that the ninja explosives were a closly guarded secret I very much doubt there would be any other realistic weapon other than what he has now.

as for saying use knuckle dusters so you dont poil blood. have you actualy ever seen some1 hit with one of those? they are designed to break break bones and due to the shape of them they tend to rip flesh so if anything you may as well just get a big stick and club them to death your still going to be cover in blood at the end of it.

niksannh
08-21-2008, 08:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Niosus:
a weapon that you can kill with without spilling blood, something like fist knuckles

crossbow for targets further way, throwing knife for closer.

gunpowder was invented later but with that piece of edan you maybe could make some "flashbangs" or something like that.

If you're looking for weapons to kill people, let your imagination go http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif you can kill people with everything if you use it right! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So let's be brutal. In AC2 there must be a choice of weapons like broken bottle, stick, or to use fingers instead of fist fight (for someones eyes). Wouldn't it be nice to broke someone's head in the wall - such a beautiful dream. Seriously it would be nice if we can take just 1 or 2 weapons for the assassination and the hidden blade like sword and trowing knifes, but not short blade and sword. And maybe to can dress like the guards when with sword, and like now with white clothes to look like the priests with the short blade. And to have to choose them right depending on the city where your target is (christian or Islamic)

ROBJ808
08-21-2008, 08:42 AM
i just thought id bring this up but the fighting sytem on ac is great but how about throwing a few kicks and different punches in combos.also how about multiple attacks, at the moment you just stand there waiting to be attacked one at a time, how good would it be to stab an attacker to your left whilst imidietly pulling your short blade to slash another to your right, then a quick kick to your front to push away a close gaurd.

another piont i know there might be some to disagree with me here but this is only a personal opinion, i really didn't like all that boring travalling on the horse it was ok in small doses but to travel so far and to have to walk past gaurds to not get noticed. i know the designers probly put a lot of work in to designed the land inbetween the citys but all that work and space could of been put into making another one or two citys with more assassinations in or perhaps side assassinations to do once youve completed the main missions.

i looked at this and i think its a clue to the next game time (please correct me if im wrong)but i think it means the next setting of the game won't be in 1191.A.D.

http://www.1191ad.co.uk/

http://www.gaminglagoon.com/?ref=309345

niksannh
08-22-2008, 12:56 AM
I've really liked the traveling with the horse. when passing the guards fast enough they don't see you so you don't need to blend every time you see guards. I wont to can travel more with a horse, or even to can walk in the city on horse. The best on the horse is that when attacking you can smash a lot of enemies and it's not needed to kill them with a sword on the ground. The horse is not boring at all when you can use it the right way to kill or flee from the enemies. I really want some more "kingdom" and maybe even a mission with a horse. (the black one is the best http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif )

caswallawn_2k7
08-22-2008, 01:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ROBJ808:
i looked at this and i think its a clue to the next game time (please correct me if im wrong)but i think it means the next setting of the game won't be in 1191.A.D.

http://www.1191ad.co.uk/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that site is what is known as an advertisment it was out before the game and a short while after launch to hype the game and get people interested but now the game has been out ages and its done well and still selling they have no need for the promotional site so they just close it.

also them referal things are a big con.

xProHOTSHOT
08-22-2008, 01:10 AM
I dont think we should play as a ninja. I just liked the thought of a new unique type of stealth/action game. There are ninja games out already, and yes the ninja thought hasnt been exausted like world war 2, but its better to come with a fresh idea than to beat a dead ninja horse. Seriously whens the last time you got to play as an assasin in the time of the 2nd crusade(not sure about crusade correct me if wrong). Now then whens the last time you got to be a ninja.

niksannh
08-22-2008, 01:30 AM
Actually ninjas there are in 15th century or maybe even earlier but they become popular at world war II or at least this is what writes in wikipedia.

caswallawn_2k7
08-22-2008, 01:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by niksannh:
Actually ninjas there are in 15th century or maybe even earlier but they become popular at world war II or at least this is what writes in wikipedia. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
if you read it properly the word became popular during WW2 not the actual ninja's as they are from ancient japan/china with other things like the samuri.

yrrefs
08-22-2008, 02:56 AM
Probably speculated already but:
The woman you almost killed, as the ninth kill, what if she's Lucy's ancestor?

revoltingbunny
08-22-2008, 03:11 AM
I personally think it'll be in egypt... seeing that Pyramids are drawn on the floor and that it's close to Jerusalem, Damascus and Acre, and because pyramids are thought to have mysterious...uh... uh... super hero powers?

Cow?

Oo... and i think that if an arrow hits altair he could limp or whatever and treat himself like in MGS3... i think... &gt;.&gt;

sensationikke
08-24-2008, 04:51 AM
What about in AC2 Alta´r will search for his wife (ada?). And has to kill people to win her love, find her...? Could be nice http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Anooba
08-24-2008, 12:40 PM
I rly hope there will be ac2 I dont think bout story cuz im sure producters etc will make up those I just hope that there will be more things to do and having fun without doing quests all the time. Ac1 gets sometimes boring when innocents and guards all act same everytime

caswallawn_2k7
08-24-2008, 12:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sensationikke:
What about in AC2 Alta´r will search for his wife (ada?). And has to kill people to win her love, find her...? Could be nice http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
why would they do that when the DS game's plot revolves around her.

HarakanG
08-26-2008, 03:21 PM
Dnt wanna ruin the party but with all the great games made, the sequel is always absoulutley rubbish. hope AC2 isnt though&gt; http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif

Nazgul2000
08-26-2008, 07:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HarakanG:
Dnt wanna ruin the party but with all the great games made, the sequel is always absoulutley rubbish. hope AC2 isnt though&gt; http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

gta4 rubbish? gears 2 will be rubbish? cod 4 was rubbish? bad company was rubbish?

niksannh
08-27-2008, 03:04 AM
But HL 2 wasn't rubbish, project origin wouldn't be rubbish and SC 2 wouldn't be rubbish. Why AC 2 to be rubbish. Heroes 5 wasn't rubbish and 4 also wasn't bad except that it wasn't from the original story like 3.

Kingcar1987
08-27-2008, 06:04 AM
I finished the first game in few days and I liked the story, but I think that the fights should be more realistic, that sync bar is tooo big, they hit me like 15 times and they don't kill me yet, WTF???

At the end when I was pretty good at counter attacks and they couldn't hurt me really... boring... They should punish me for getting seen, not reward me.. I mean easy kills are a reward.

Graphics are kewl and great, but then again they should make the killings a bit more interesting and well... different from time to time, especially gathering information..

Weapons and controls are good, 4 weapons are enough and you DO upgrade them, you have 3 different long swords during the game etc....

And as for the sequel, you guys talked over and over like 500 times that next game could be in egypt, Japan or china, whatever. Well, my opinion is that they will definitely countinue with Crusades, not like Japan or China. Where the **** did you see that Japan or Peru was mentioned in the history of Crusades???

but EGYPT is. EDUCATE yourself people!!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusade &gt; Read about fourth crusades

, it's right after the third so it's perfect for the story and is going on in egypt and since there are some indicators that it will take place in egypt soo... we have a winner...

My opinion is that you will continue getting in that animus during AC2 and that we are not done with altair i guess, egypt is not that far from Damask and other towns...

at the end of AC2 i guess you will be like fully synchronized with your ancestor/s and have assassin skills and only god knows what happens in AC3. ..... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Account_Deleted
08-27-2008, 07:52 AM
1. i didn't read the other post
but
this is out of the blue but AC2 could be like an RPG like fable where you can pick your way...
good asssassin or bad
umm
a pick up anything weapon stuff
like a templer sword or helmet that can bost your defence
and an archer's bow
or something
umm...

niksannh
08-27-2008, 11:47 AM
Ye and why not to aliens to come and eat Altair. It would be nice. How you people can give that stupid ideas that will ruin the game. 3rd person like now is the best for this game. RPG is horrible because you already are finish assassin (even twice before and after AC). FPS will destroyed the beauty of the game and how you will be assassin with a gun if not serial killer or sniper witch both way will be stupid. The clotting ( like the helmet or the different swords ) could be chosen from a special place before the beginning of the assassination, but to have it only for defence not for cover is stupid. You don't go there on war you go for stealth kill. I don't see a way to be bad assassin because if you are bad assassin you'll be dead assassin. And yes it is easy to kill the guards but it's harder more fun to stealth kill them not to be exposed.

Danielren20
08-28-2008, 04:27 PM
i think ac2 will be about Desmond trying to join up with the other surviving assassins to warn them about the messages on the walls and floor and mabye working together with the assassins on missions like the assassins give him a mission and he goes with a group on assassins to complete it.

acbigfan
08-28-2008, 09:44 PM
hey everyone, i was reading alot of posts and most of them made no sense. AC2 will still have altair and desmond. to all the ppl thinking that the game will be based in china with ninjas or something ur wrong. good thought tho, but altair will go to china or other places like Africa to retraive the orbs. and just so everyone knows there will be no crossbows, arrows, and poisen because the hassassins didn't use those type of weapons. do your research. there will be co-op, really looking forward to that. Desmond will, in the future games, become Altair (mentally). it would be better if you could choose to have what weapons you want to carry like have a long sword and a short, or just have the short sword so you can be more agile. if Ubisoft could fix the combat where they keep the counters kills but also add a way to fight two enemies at once, and fight like the prince of persia. add blood too, where blood will spill on the ground. and instead of having the dead bodies dissapear have them being carried away by gaurds. have more missions with alot of diversity, the hassassins didn't only just assassinate ppl they also indimidated them. for example, if you were a high polition and you were commiting acts that the hassasins so wrong then they would sneak into your room at night and place a dagger next to you, so that when you woke up it would be a sign the you were commiting some type of act the was seen unfit and if you continued the hassassins will kill you since they have already snuck into ur room without you knowing. indoor assassinations, and have the ppl in the streets at least take part in acts as well. for example, fishing, sweep the floor, water plants, smoke shi-shu (a type of cigg. used by arab cultures, mainly a pipe filled with boiling water. no tabacoo) and stuff. allow the player to be able to skip the cutscene if they want to, cuz i've beaten AC more then 10 times and i really don't want to hear all that talking. the d-pad should be used for certain functions like instead of haveing the horse follow you and bumb into ppl it should stay when you want it to. excuxe me for my grammer mistakes. but there are some of my ideas.

dQuarters
08-29-2008, 01:27 AM
I think it's a bad idea to stay solely in that Kingdom region for the sequels. In fact, I think it's a really bad idea to focus solely on Altair and Desmond. I only say this because I love Assassins Creed for what it is at it's core, a BEAUTIFUL ENGINE with spectacular possibilities. To limit this visual aesthetic and gameplay to the middle east or other dessert climates would be a waste.
Ubi, (Patrice) you've given yourself carte-blanche with all the hints on the computers, wall and floors. The gamers that loved AC (most of the 2,000,000+ gamers that have played it) would go ape-poo for this to be a truly unique franchise. One that doesn't rely on main characters, and similar landscapes to sell sequels. The greatness of this franchise depends on the strength of it's engine and you creative buggers at Ubi Montreal, nothing more.
Altair had his use in finding the orb. Desmond has fulfilled his purpose by unravelling the possible depth of this series before us. Take this game somewhere else. SomeWHEN else.
Japan would be the best fit IMO. But the Mayans would be spectacular as well.

I figure all odds are with us following Desmond in the sequel. But to me, as sweet as a sequel in almost any form would be, that would be a disappointment.

My humble 10-point advice list is as follows...
#1. Slap a coat of Ancient Japan or Mexico on this engine with a new hero in that animus
#2. Fix up the mission structure (the biggest complaint so I'm sure you're on that).
#3. Make it WAY more replayable by having an open-world option with assassination targets REactivated by the click of a button.
#4. Multi-player is always good for the kids (But I'd trade that any day for Japan or Maya)
#5. Stick to your guns on combat. One hit kills are not a bad thing.
#6. Make more use of the vertical gameplay you've developed. Maybe with rival parkour artist chases or other such elements.
#7. Nighttime and shadows as cliche as they can be, are still fun tools of the stealthy trade.
#8. More ways to stealth kill. WAY more.
#9. Wall-leans/Cover systems are stealthy, so why are they in so few stealth games?
#10. Keep up the amazing work. I'm counting on this series to take it up 10 notches in the future. You guys are my favourite studio (tied with Team Ico), and you have my respect and my trust.

Thanks. I hope this cuts through the noise and gets into the right hands.
Peace!

acbigfan
08-29-2008, 09:58 AM
the hassassins had no history in japan so stay with the historical part africa is okay. but stick with the main characters, there story hasn't been completed and alot of ppl have already connected with altair and desmond. add a new assassin into the story for the multi-player function. have different weather with night time and daytime assassinations. but even if you have the nightime assassinations don't forget that the hassassins were know for their public assassinations. so if you go wit that night kills, have your target in a meeting or something like in one of your trailers.

altair_2012
08-29-2008, 10:30 AM
This is what i think assassins creed 2 and 3 will be about. A lot of people think assassins creed 2 or 3 will be in peru in the myan (or altairs) times this will not happen because the myan citys did not have enough buildings close togeather so the gameplay wouldnt be as good.it will be in peru in ddesmonds time in assassins creed 2 or 3, it will proberly be in peru because the pics of the animals are the nazca lines,and there are many mayan pyramids with artifacts in (in real life aswell).i think the reasion that abstergo have a deadline to get an artifact of 21 december 2012 proberly is because that date on the mayans Mesoamerican long count calandar will complete its 13th b'ak'tun cycle since the calendar's mythical starting point (equivalent to August 11, 3114 BC)the calandar started on 13.0.0.0.0 and it will repete its self on 21 december 2012 in are calandar,the mayans thought that the world would end on that date, this is proberly why abstergo have to get a artifact by then to stop the world ending but they are also going to take over the world.At the end of assassins creed 3 desmond will have to use an artifact to stop the world ending. some people also say it will be in japan, maby in yonaguni because this is were subject 16s ansestor was from,his ansester might have been in the same clan/guild as altair, so maby the assassins have been around befor the 3rd crusade,also the templars were proberly around befor the 3rd crusade(maby they were around in the myan times and tryd to use a artifact but it whent wrong and that is why they think the world will end in 21 december 2012,so the templars are trying to fix what whent wrong and take over the world.) also i think that lucy is the ansester of adha(i think the spellings right) altairs wife or girlfriend or lucy could be the ansestor of the lady that is in the ninth assassination but altair lets her live so she may be an assassin that is in the templars(just like lucy). i also think that viduct(not sure if i spelld it right
)may be the ansestor of a templar maby the one you have to kill that is burning the books because he says something like "any one can wright books" to another templar,viduct also says the same thing to desmond when desmond says the stuff he sees in the animus seems diferent to what he read at school. Also people say it would be good to have night time missions so i think that in assassins creed 2 as altair you should have a mission to sneek in to someones house and leve a assassin dager (the real assassins did this to warn some one they have done somethink wrong and if they do it again the assassins would kill them).Desmond will see altairs memories through flashbacks insted of the animus because he is more synchronized with altair this is also why he got eagle vision.also i think assassins creed 2 will be out in 2009 or 2010 because the first game took 4 years to make.

Imrade_Trans
08-31-2008, 12:28 AM
AC2 will be based around the world i think. With Some type of base either if he, (Desmond/Altair) escapes from Abstergo or not.
He will have a map of the locations, and it will involve Japan, China, Africa, and South America, with a similar transport system as the first. And you will use a mix of Melee, and guns. The guns of course complicates things however, their are ways to work that out. He will Have a continued bleeding effect, so he will be more assassin outside of the Animus. He might use his memories to access the specific location of the Pieces of Eden. Then go after them in the present. I also believe he will be assisted by the other assassins. And maybe even mysterious Subject 16. He might even go after the holy grail to bring to light those under the illusion of the treasures. The 2nd Ac will focus on preperation against the president of Abstergo, and the 3rd Finishing Them off in the "New World." The Nazca animals I think represent the humming bird for speed, monkey for climbing, and the spider for deceit and lethality. These are however Speculations... Good Luck, I'll keep Posted.

Rorylavelle
08-31-2008, 09:42 AM
Yeah uh I read somewhere that Ubi is seeing if there's enough demand and shiit, or else they won't make a sequel. Apparently there is from looking at these threads but, just in case:

I also want a sequel.

Cheers. Em, carry onhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

spazzoo1025
08-31-2008, 10:27 AM
I concur with Rory, I also read that Ubisoft is waiting to see if enough people want the game before making it, bc they don't want it to turn into a crap-fest.

niksannh
08-31-2008, 11:45 AM
Why they need to wait when they told us, it will be a trilogy. It make no sense to wait, because they know so many people want they can lose a lot of them waiting more to tell them what they already know.

Kaxen6
08-31-2008, 12:15 PM
And I still say you people are reading that article wrong. They said they were taking their time making the game, not waiting for a fanboy petition to make the game.

Besides, if they came out with Assassin's Creed using the year's time between games way, it might end up competing with the new Prince of Persia, wouldn't it?

alteremagam
08-31-2008, 12:51 PM
I really think we're going about this whole thing wrong.For example when ubi said if assassin's creed sells there will be another.Assassin's creed did very well for a game that doesn't use guns.And we also know that it has been confirmed to be a trilogy which is even better.So let's just sit back and wait some info will come in 2009 trust me,I also agree with some of you people who put that assassin's creed 2 would just create competetion for pop and ubi doesn't want that.Ubi want's you to wait they know you have anticipation for the game.They know and they want to get you with pop so when you take your mind off of assassin's creed they will hit you with a sequel so it's least expected so stop asking they will make it but we must stop asking for them to make.So let's get real if it did come out this year it would be very crappy it would'nt have a good story line because you guys rushed ubi.So with all due respect to all of you let's just wait take your mind off of it,Think about other games coming out this year.And ubi will not disappoint just take your mind off of it.

Sincerly,Alteremagam
To:The forum members rushing ubi.
Also known as:The voice of reason. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif

aNjaSqurl
09-01-2008, 11:20 PM
Ok, just to throw my 2 cents in here, I would LOVE to get my hands on a second AC! I am still getting over my AC high because I just finished playing it today.

I think that it should be Altiar and Desmond certainly, leave the other 16 odd subjects for other games. Focus more on Desmond and the "Real World" more. I found myself not focusing on the Altiar side of things, but wanting to get the kills done so I could find out what Vic and Lucy were up to now.
It should be looking at Desmond, Lucy and others trying to get to artifacts before the Co. (don't remember the actual name) can. A stolen Animus or some such is used for Desmond to use to go back in and find the locations of things.

SockIt2EmBigD
09-02-2008, 01:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alteremagam:
I really think we're going about this whole thing wrong.For example when ubi said if assassin's creed sells there will be another.Assassin's creed did very well for a game that doesn't use guns.And we also know that it has been confirmed to be a trilogy which is even better.So let's just sit back and wait some info will come in 2009 trust me,I also agree with some of you people who put that assassin's creed 2 would just create competetion for pop and ubi doesn't want that.Ubi want's you to wait they know you have anticipation for the game.They know and they want to get you with pop so when you take your mind off of assassin's creed they will hit you with a sequel so it's least expected so stop asking they will make it but we must stop asking for them to make.So let's get real if it did come out this year it would be very crappy it would'nt have a good story line because you guys rushed ubi.So with all due respect to all of you let's just wait take your mind off of it,Think about other games coming out this year.And ubi will not disappoint just take your mind off of it.

Sincerly,Alteremagam
To:The forum members rushing ubi.
Also known as:The voice of reason. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Yeah I agree man. It would really suck if AC2 turned into another game that just sits on the shelf and takes up space. To me AC has become one of my all time favorite games, so I can wait till 2010 for it. But I would still love some kind of info about setting, time period, characters, anything to hold me over. By the way P.O.P. does look bad @$$.

AscalonD
09-02-2008, 07:57 PM
Wouldn┬┤t it be crazy if they released Assassin┬┤s Creed 2 on Dec 21 2012? Also i dont think that the Altair story can be continued.... maybe the Bleeding Effect cause Altair to mix with his descendent and he escapes the company joining other assassins in the battlefield in a current day New York or something along the lines

LaurenIsSoMosh
09-02-2008, 08:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AscalonD:
Wouldn┬┤t it be crazy if they released Assassin┬┤s Creed 2 on Dec 21 2012? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That is way too far away for AC2. But actually for AC3 it should be right in the ballpark, and that would be pretty amazing if this trilogy ends on the same day it claims that the world will end.

lol, I propose this suggestion sees its way to the big pants behind AC! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Will anyone second the proposal? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Tela
09-02-2008, 08:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AscalonD:
Wouldn┬┤t it be crazy if they released Assassin┬┤s Creed 2 on Dec 21 2012? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I seriously doubt Ubi is going to wait 4 years to release the second game,if they release it at all. &gt;_&gt;

If it gets carried to a trilogy, as quite a few are thinking will happen, it could be that even the third game will be released before 2012.

EDIT: Dammit Lauren!!! &gt;_&lt;

caswallawn_2k7
09-02-2008, 08:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LaurenIsSoMosh:
Wouldn┬┤t it be crazy if they released Assassin┬┤s Creed 2 on Dec 21 2012? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That is way too far away for AC2. But actually for AC3 it should be right in the ballpark, and that would be pretty amazing if this trilogy ends on the same day it claims that the world will end.

lol, I propose this suggestion sees its way to the big pants behind AC! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Will anyone second the proposal? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
yeh but if they belive its true they could just say they are making the game and actualy not bother http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

LaurenIsSoMosh
09-02-2008, 08:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tela:
EDIT: Dammit Lauren!!! &gt;_&lt; </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I dood something wrong? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
yeh but if they belive its true they could just say they are making the game and actualy not bother http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>lol.

I now have my heart set on convincing them to release the final game on December 21, 2012.

It would be so cool and it'd make so much sense.http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Tela
09-02-2008, 08:19 PM

I now have my heart set on convincing them to release the final game on December 21, 2012.

It would be so cool and it'd make so much sense.http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But that wouldn't give you very much time to play it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

LaurenIsSoMosh
09-02-2008, 08:24 PM
The day they convince me that the Animus program is possible is the day they convince me that the world will really end on that day. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Besides, I predicted a few months ago that it's gonna end in 2010. No need to worry, we have plenty of time. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

caswallawn_2k7
09-02-2008, 08:27 PM
lauren it ok I know were the stargate is so you can all die and I'll be fine and playing the game http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Tela
09-02-2008, 08:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
lauren it ok I know were the stargate is so you can all die and I'll be fine and playing the game http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheater. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

@ Lauren: 2010 instead of 2012?

I'll take 2012. &gt;_&gt;

LaurenIsSoMosh
09-02-2008, 09:03 PM
Ah, crap, you're right. That's sooner!

*head/desk* I'ma go work on mah math skills now...

altair_46
09-03-2008, 07:01 AM
i do not know about the assassin's creed 2 story how can it turn but assassin's creed III it should have a story like this :

"what happends ?" ... "the animus is breaking down on him ! " " OMG Desmond ... Desmond !" "just ran forget about him ! " " Desmond NOOOOOO !!!!!!! " then showing a movie Desmond getting up from the animus and jumping from the window as the lab blows away ... Three days after ... in the down town new york the chick(sorry i dont recall her name right now) that was in the laboratory is reading in the paper about the explosion ... then she gets up to go home someone grabs her and push her to a wall she recognise him and she says " Ddd ..es.. mond ? " ... he says " My name is Al'Tair ... who sre you witch ? where am i ? " and then he fades ... he is gonna recover and wake up in her apartment ... --------- FROM HERE I LEAVE THIS TO YOU ------- it could turn either way 1- They both will try to find out if there might be a chance to find another animus machina or 2- Al'Tair and the girl travels across U.S.A. - Africa - Europe to uncover the truth about a terrible conspiracy . http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif i hope you like my ideea.

altair_46
09-03-2008, 07:10 AM
or what may look like an cliche it may turn to something beautyfull in the hands of ubisoft montreal team and that thing is : take Assassin's creed through history i mean ok Assassin's creed 2 will have to continue the story of HASSASSINS but not necesary in the medieval period .... you could make half a game in the medieval time and hal in 1944-1945 WWII Desmond's ancestor hassassin looking for something (like the spear of destiny) lost in ancient time by the brotherhood ... and with the help of the animus the conspiracy put Desmond in the role of his ancestor to find the location of the lost item.

Account_Deleted
09-03-2008, 07:13 AM
lauren it ok I know were the stargate is so you can all die and I'll be fine and playing the game http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
wth? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif
"stargate" ..
do you wacth that show or something?

niksannh
09-03-2008, 10:08 AM
Altair_46 your idea is a lot better than others like making AC 2 FPS or even worst 3PS by getting you in the middle of new york with a gun and expect you to stealth assassinate someone.

steven12211
09-03-2008, 02:46 PM
hi im just joined this ok heres my opinion on this subject, assasins creed is an awesome game love the details, and how it kinda relates to our time even though we dont have an animus or a peace of eden, but assasins creed 2 shouldnt be about melee guns and stuff but to the point how desmond is trying to figure out how to fix this problem. ok i feel in the second game, desmond wakes up from a dream he has from his ancestor with the peace of eden or your playing what happens in his dream, and you see whats happening sort of liek how the animus works. its late at night he goes to the animus and he plays the memory he sees for more information, once he sees it he decides to escape from abstergo, so you go through this stealth mission to escape and you go to the diffrent countries to find these peace of eden balls, but at every location theres an abstergo team taking people as hostages to figure out where exactly are the balls of silver located. like basically use the animus when you need to. also do remember when vidic said how do birds remember where to go its all in there genetic memory. well when desmond stands at a certain place like when you are on the top of a building when you are altair, desmond has that memory activated and he sees exactly how things are in the past and where stuff is located you know what i mean. everybody has good ideas i thought i post my idea on this

RubyParatrooper
09-05-2008, 07:06 AM
Ok to all the people who seem to think that the Knight's Templar are some kinda spooky secret soceity. It's not true. Now i'm not ruling out the fact that there may have been secret societies within the Templars, one of the most famous theories being; The Anima Templi in english; The Soul of the Temple. They were originally founded to be a safeguard for pilgrims travelling to the holy land. However, later they become more obsessed with wealth, military things and power. They lent money to many European kings and also became one of the most feirce and formidable fighting force in the western world. Of course they were still to the public; The Poor Fellow Knights of Christ.

Scythe_Jr.
09-05-2008, 07:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RubyParatrooper:
Ok to all the people who seem to think that the Knight's Templar are some kinda spooky secret soceity. It's not true. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No kidding. The knights Templar were never a "secret" society, they were a military order established by the Papacy during the crusades. The knights Hospitaller (or the knights of St.John) were also sent to protect pilgrims traveling to the holy land, and their depiction in the game isn't exactly accurate.

Scythe_Jr.
09-05-2008, 07:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Assassin's creed 2 will have to continue the story of HASSASSINS but not necesary in the medieval period .... you could make half a game in the medieval time and hal in 1944-1945 WWII Desmond's ancestor hassassin looking for something (like the spear of destiny) lost in ancient time by the brotherhood ... and with the help of the animus the conspiracy put Desmond in the role of his ancestor to find the location of the lost item. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's Hashasheen. The assassins we know in the game (not the fictional present ones) weren't even alive in WWII.

zgubilici
09-05-2008, 10:30 AM
Please don't double post, use the edit button.
Thanks.

X10J
09-05-2008, 07:19 PM
Forgive me if its already been said but, i think that u will play as Altair in AC2 because they left to many unanswered questions 4 example does Altair take over the Assassins, is he curopted by the Peice of Eden, does he hunt down the Templars, do they hunt him down. Also wat about Desmond; does he escape, is he killed, does he find his parents if they are alive, do he and Lucy save the minds of all the world. These unanswered questions compelle me to belive that they'll use the same characters as last time.

niksannh
09-06-2008, 01:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Forgive me if its already been said but, i think that u will play as Altair in AC2 because they left to many unanswered questions 4 example does Altair take over the Assassins, is he curopted by the Peice of Eden, does he hunt down the Templars, do they hunt him down. Also wat about Desmond; does he escape, is he killed, does he find his parents if they are alive, do he and Lucy save the minds of all the world. These unanswered questions compelle me to belive that they'll use the same characters as last time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Actually they dont leave a lot of questions unanswered. Altair isn't corrupted by the Piece of Eden, because he wasn't when Al Mualim show it to him.He takes over the assassins, there is no other to do so. Only the dead know how exactly he looks like so they don't know who to look for, and he is assassin kills only who's needed not every one who he meets. And Desmond isn't Altair and yes he must and will be in AC 2 but for Altair there is nothing sure.

DeadlyUltimate
09-06-2008, 06:43 PM
Well I've read many of the posts, though not all 111 pages so far (thats both threads included), but my thoughts would be that Lucy returns to the room and helps Desmond to escape. Lucy would tell him how to do it and he'd provide the muscle. Once out in the world, Desmond may acquire his first (or second, third, etc.) weapon, depending if he gets one in the building. They may escape to the roof where an assassin helicopter picks them up or they might make a mad dash through the city to find a suitable hideout where they contact some other remaining assassins and then they head to "the farm" where the assassins camp is. Once there Lucy would be able to help them to create another machine (forgot the name, is it Animus or something?) meanwhile Desmond now is able to perform in the "presnt" and do things and then after several days the machine is ready and he heads back into the past to play as Alt´ar and discover more about the treasures. Eventually they locate them and Desmond heads off with guns, ammo and a whole lot of insanity and retrieves the treasures, picking of the Templars one by one until he is face to face with the professor whatsisface. Once finished and the world is saved, Desmond can do things in the real world or in the machine. That's just my opinion, enjoy.

Something else that could happen is that he enters the machine and becomes trapped and the game just keeps playing as Alt´ar doing missions and the like, but that would get boring after a while.

Nannari
09-08-2008, 03:39 AM
The most plausible option for a sequel, (or prequel, depending on how you see it) is a far-east theme.

Why do I believe this?
Go read the emails on the computers, the girl (Cant remember her name, which is odd seing how i JUST now completed the game.. Lucy...?) sent the Doc. a report regarding subject 16.
This report stated that his incident was in the far east. (China, judging from the writing on the walls, but could also be japanese/korean (pre- year 1000 CE.), considering they all used the chinese writing system back then.

And also.. Who wouldn't want a game as good as AC, but "in asian"..? xD

L0rdeKing
09-08-2008, 12:56 PM
All these are great ideas but what about the gameplay?
wouldn't it be awesome if they made the crowed or the people in the city more interactive like instead of using the GPS to find the location where you start your investigation you can ask one of the people and he\she would answer you or ignore you or even say he\she doesn't know and it would be great if it have a real time setting which gives you freedom to plan your assassination whither during the day or night

and I would like to see workshops like smiths or carpenters and on the docks it would have been great if we saw fishermen and it will be ok to add children to the game with the condition to have an instant death or gameover if you harm them (you know what i mean)
and for the game I would like it remains in the middle east I don't want to play with a ninja who uses weird jutsu

niksannh
09-08-2008, 02:50 PM
You can't just walk around and speak with ordinary people for your target some guards may hear you and try to kill you. And it's supposed that you know every location i the city because you aren't for first time there and you investigate to know where your target is. The GPS is just for the player not for Altair. Even if some people tell you you have to go to the graveyard for example you don't know where it is so you need GPS. But still it would be nice if they make people doing more things not only walking in circles.

L0rdeKing
09-09-2008, 12:04 PM
I didn't mean asking about my target but the place for instnce ask someone about how you can reach "Souk Al Selah" and he will answer you that you go straight forward and take the second turn beside the merchant stall....

niksannh
09-09-2008, 02:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">rd and take the second turn beside the merchant stall.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
And what if you are in other district in the city. You can't just walk around and hope to find the right way.

L0rdeKing
09-09-2008, 02:52 PM
come on! it is only an example and if the description was wrong go back and kill that bastard and make sure it is painful

Deodand
09-09-2008, 11:23 PM
All this talk about Lucy and Desmond's side adventures is making me ill. I'm sure Ubi has the sense not to turn this into a fleeting love story. As far as I'm concerned, the plot should stay as far away from cheesy drama as possible. I don't want to play a game of "The Hills" ala assassin.
I think the gameplay should stay the mixture of stealth(when you choose) and all out fights with the guards(when you choose). Assassin's Creed turning into another Splinter Cell would also be a bad mistake by Ubi.
Also, the addition of guns would be foolish. Why change the entire dynamics of the controls just to cater to guns? Aiming would be auto aim, hence ridiculous, reloading would require a button, not to mention the ammo issue. I think pickpocketing a magazine would be more difficult than a knife. Plus I am really biased and think its 100 times funner to play around with knives and swords than a boring ol' -I'm in every game around- gun. Play COD4 if you want guns, gosh.

L0rdeKing
09-10-2008, 12:24 PM
I do agree with you and I wish that the gameplay remains the same cause it is unique and I just want it to be improved. and I want them to work on the weapons you choose for your missions where you can buy whatever tools that might help you or take it from a fallen guard or steal it and if you ask about money you can get it from the side quests or mini games and if there is a mission with time limit that would be awesome

djfoids
09-10-2008, 06:53 PM
Yah that would be sweet. They should incorporate the riding too, they did only a little bit, but they should expand it and also incorporate those scenes from like god of war or mercenaries 2, where you have to press a certain button to continue progress, ive always liked those.

Danielren20
09-10-2008, 08:13 PM
i agree but i think they should make it into a kind of more rpgish style like you can upgrade weapons and armor as well as learn skills that you choose not like you have to complete missions being able to choose your skills is like learning moves instead of being given them

djfoids
09-10-2008, 08:17 PM
i would have said that, but before the game came out they specificly said "this game is NOT an RPg and never will be!"

So yah that dont want to make it an rpg, even thought the idea is cool, it wont happen ...heh

L0rdeKing
09-11-2008, 11:02 AM
I can't imagine it in RPG. But if it had some horse chase that would be great. and I would like to see more animals in the cities eg, cats, dogs, and some other markets like butchers ...etc.

drfeelgood8849
09-11-2008, 11:09 AM
i want to see kids in the cities there are never kids in games.

L0rdeKing
09-11-2008, 11:27 AM
Having kids in the city with your ability to kill almost anyone will result in getting the game banned in some countries and that is something ubisoft doesn't want right now. yet there are several ways to put them with some special conditions for instance, if you kill one, it is a game over and they can also add a side quest in the game where you save a poor kid from the hands of a violent merchant and you can do this by either killing the merchant or just punching him, and the crowed will react to you according to your behaviour and I really wish if the crowed can speak with guards and the guards themselves be more cooperative to the crowed instead of just being villians

drfeelgood8849
09-11-2008, 11:36 AM
the could make it so you couldnt hurt the kids. i also want more crowd interaction like you said hamoddaa.