PDA

View Full Version : Gear Up, Gear Down indicator in 3.02b

Cloyd
11-26-2004, 02:19 PM
For you Wildcat fans, when the gear finally comes up (after punching your keyboard 50 times) you'll see a "Gear Up" message. Same for "Gear Down". No more counting key punches, looking at that unreliable handcrank, or (perish the thought) checking external view.

Cloyd

Cloyd
11-26-2004, 02:19 PM
For you Wildcat fans, when the gear finally comes up (after punching your keyboard 50 times) you'll see a "Gear Up" message. Same for "Gear Down". No more counting key punches, looking at that unreliable handcrank, or (perish the thought) checking external view.

Cloyd

rlk
11-26-2004, 04:31 PM
Cool...I also noticed a "Fuel Low" message in the Wildcat pre-3.02b patch, which I thought was quite nice.

heywooood
11-26-2004, 04:35 PM
maybe soon we will have keyless entry and remote engine start too...

all you had to do before was look at your crank http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif to see if it had stopped spinning. Gear is locked. Case is closed.

Now we have an onscreen prompt?...bummer.

joeap
11-26-2004, 05:16 PM
Guys, look again, there is a small sliding indicator just in front of the hand crank, a bit hard to see but there is a small white triangle that moves as you pump the manual gear key. It moves back when you bring the gear up and moves forward when you bring the gear down. When the triangle stops, the gear is up or down. I'll admit it is a bit awkward to look at it as I use the mouse view ...