PDA

View Full Version : Strange graphics clitch on Zero

Prangerman
02-13-2005, 03:47 PM
9800XT card, 4.10 (maybe 4.11 drivers, on perfect settings.

Flying on the Zeke v Wildcat server on HL, I noticed a few weeks ago that after take-off from a carrier carying a bomb on my Zero, that I didn't seem to have a right aileron. I thought I must have torn it offf in take-off, or lost it to friendly AAA. Tonight flying my Zero on the same server, I noticed the same thing when flying without bomb, and after a little experimentation, it did not seem to matter on which carrier I spawned, but I always appeared on deck without a right aileron.

I tried left and right movement and in the gap where the right aileron should be - nothing, but there seemed to be the remnants of an aileron which appeared to flex forward over the wing. Flight model seems unaffected. I flew with another Zero pilot on TS and his right aileron seemed to be missing too, although he could see his.

Any thoughts?

Prangerman
02-13-2005, 03:47 PM
9800XT card, 4.10 (maybe 4.11 drivers, on perfect settings.

Flying on the Zeke v Wildcat server on HL, I noticed a few weeks ago that after take-off from a carrier carying a bomb on my Zero, that I didn't seem to have a right aileron. I thought I must have torn it offf in take-off, or lost it to friendly AAA. Tonight flying my Zero on the same server, I noticed the same thing when flying without bomb, and after a little experimentation, it did not seem to matter on which carrier I spawned, but I always appeared on deck without a right aileron.

I tried left and right movement and in the gap where the right aileron should be - nothing, but there seemed to be the remnants of an aileron which appeared to flex forward over the wing. Flight model seems unaffected. I flew with another Zero pilot on TS and his right aileron seemed to be missing too, although he could see his.

Any thoughts?

mortoma
02-13-2005, 08:37 PM
My only thought would be to get an Nvidia card, aside from trying different drivers. I'd use drivercleaner everytime I changed one though.

EnGaurde
02-13-2005, 08:58 PM
i also found this, using an nvidia 6600GT.

i found the aireleron was either reversed, as in pointingforward not backwards, or set further forward into the wing.

obviously flihgt was not affected, as my guess is the flight model does not rely on the 3d models "control" surfaces positions....?

ive flown since and no effect.

same server though.

EJGrOst_Caspar
02-14-2005, 07:53 AM
Is this only at one Zero version or all? Or which one?

Prangerman
02-14-2005, 03:37 PM
I have only noticed it so far on the A6M2-21 Zero, but I haven't had time to do any wider research. I'll have a look when I next get time to fly during the week.

ElAurens
02-14-2005, 09:06 PM
I have noticed it as well, and on the Yak 9U.

What resolution are you running?

I emailed Oleg about it, with screenshots, and he thinks it is related to "non-standard" (higher than 1024 x 768) resolution.

I am running a 6800GT with the latest signed driver. (66.93)

since going back to 1024 x 768 I have not encountered it.

Krt_Bong
02-15-2005, 11:23 AM
Im using the 67.** beta drivers at 1024x768 res and have not seen this effect are you over clocking your card? What settings are you on graphics excellent/perfect?