PDA

View Full Version : Throw a spear into a brute's neck?

timpbader
12-08-2009, 01:06 PM
Throw a spear into a brute's neck?-Was this just one of the counter kills useing the spear?

timpbader
12-08-2009, 01:06 PM
Throw a spear into a brute's neck?-Was this just one of the counter kills useing the spear?

Dead-M
12-08-2009, 01:55 PM
Not throwing, but more like thrusting a spear all the way in his spine http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

So, yes, it is.
And a very nice one that is :P

jimbo11235813
12-08-2009, 02:12 PM
I think I know the move you mean. your description reminded me of a move in the Gameplay trailer where Ezio had a spear and he was fighting a seeker who was also carrying a spear, and it looks like Ezio counters him and throws the spear into the seeker's face. I'm gonna give it a go and I'll come back and post whether I can do it or not.

Captain Tomatoz
12-08-2009, 02:15 PM
iv done that counter loads of times. its one of my faves http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Zerban_da_Great
12-08-2009, 02:23 PM
I prefer the one I got countering an Agile. Ezio shoved the spear halfway through his torso and pushed him over, so he was dangling backwards in the air held up by the spear in the ground. It looked nasty http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

nicky117
12-08-2009, 05:27 PM
love shoving the spear down a guys back through his butt

TooLazy4Name
12-08-2009, 06:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timpbader:
Throw a spear into a brute's neck?-Was this just one of the counter kills useing the spear? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He wasnt doing it against a brute, unless the brute was using a spear. in order to throw the spear, you have to counter a spear wielding enemy.

An_Idea
12-08-2009, 10:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tolazy4name1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timpbader:
Throw a spear into a brute's neck?-Was this just one of the counter kills useing the spear? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He wasnt doing it against a brute, unless the brute was using a spear. in order to throw the spear, you have to counter a spear wielding enemy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

spot on, the only way to throw a spear into an enemys face is to counter them while they are attacking with a spear, it doesnt matter what type of guard as long as they have a spear

G0dsHolyMember
12-09-2009, 09:53 AM
what conditions are needed for Ezio to do the rapid stabbing counter attack with his 2 hidden blades? I've only managed to do it like 3 times, and haven't noticed a consistency

remmus64
12-09-2009, 10:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by G0dsHolyMember:
what conditions are needed for Ezio to do the rapid stabbing counter attack with his 2 hidden blades? I've only managed to do it like 3 times, and haven't noticed a consistency </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

for me it seam to work if you use the hidden blades against a untargeted enemy thats in combat but stunned by a smokebomb.

personally my favourite is the one when your facing a unaware guard with a drawn small blade and "attack" when your standing close enough.

Sren001
12-09-2009, 10:56 AM
I love the spear throw counter http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Sren001
12-09-2009, 10:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by remmus64:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by G0dsHolyMember:
what conditions are needed for Ezio to do the rapid stabbing counter attack with his 2 hidden blades? I've only managed to do it like 3 times, and haven't noticed a consistency </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

for me it seam to work if you use the hidden blades against a untargeted enemy thats in combat but stunned by a smokebomb.

personally my favourite is the one when your facing a unaware guard with a drawn small blade and "attack" when your standing close enough. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Are you sure about that?
Couse when i do it, its usually on a brute thats blocking my rain of hidden blade attacks untill suddenly Ezio moves in and stabs him 4-5 times in the chest

remmus64
12-09-2009, 12:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mrsemil:

Are you sure about that?
Couse when i do it, its usually on a brute thats blocking my rain of hidden blade attacks untill suddenly Ezio moves in and stabs him 4-5 times in the chest </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

donīt know, when I meet brutes I either smoke bomb and do a normal stealth kill or go bare hand so I can counter grab his 2 hands weapon and do a kill move, when I use hidden blades in combat I usually get the blades threw the head kill or the stab in the belly, stab in the back to the ground kill.

TooLazy4Name
12-09-2009, 04:12 PM

Theres no specific conditions i know, its a COMBO. NOT A COUNTER. you have to time the attacks right, and it will do a combo. ezio will either jump on them, slit their throat, or stab their chest rapidly. though, from what ive seen, this is easier to do on mace wielding enemies and brutes.

Captain Tomatoz
12-09-2009, 05:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tolazy4name1:

Theres no specific conditions i know, its a COMBO. NOT A COUNTER. you have to time the attacks right, and it will do a combo. ezio will either jump on them, slit their throat, or stab their chest rapidly. though, from what ive seen, this is easier to do on mace wielding enemies and brutes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i wouldn't call it a combo its more of a finisher http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

TooLazy4Name
12-10-2009, 08:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tony6593:

Theres no specific conditions i know, its a COMBO. NOT A COUNTER. you have to time the attacks right, and it will do a combo. ezio will either jump on them, slit their throat, or stab their chest rapidly. though, from what ive seen, this is easier to do on mace wielding enemies and brutes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i wouldn't call it a combo its more of a finisher http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mean how it usually only happens against low health enemies? this isnt entirely true if thats what you mean, if you keep the pressure on a brute it will happen much before he gets past half health. your timing has to be extremely precise however.

But, yeah, ive never been able to do it on a enemy thats NOT a brute without it being on low health.

kyleagius
12-10-2009, 05:19 PM
I've found that a very easy way to perform the rapid stabbing is to first punch an enemy of any health level who isn't aware of your presence and then to quickly switch to hidden blades and asassinate the guard of your choice!

TooLazy4Name
12-10-2009, 06:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kyleagius:
I've found that a very easy way to perform the rapid stabbing is to first punch an enemy of any health level who isn't aware of your presence and then to quickly switch to hidden blades and asassinate the guard of your choice! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or disarm a guard and then switch to hidden blades, and bam, you'll do one of the combo's.

Or, throw sand in their eyes and then switch to the hidden blades. Same thing happens as above.