PDA

View Full Version : x-45 and rudder pedals

Slickun
04-29-2005, 03:05 PM
I know this has been discussed many times, but I didn't pay attention then.

I have an x-45 from Saitek, and really like it. However, the rudder controls work poorly. As I've gotten better I find that I'm missing shots that I figure I could make with good rudder control.

What can one do to add a set of rudder pedals? Do the CH pedals work with the x-45? Is there another combo?

Thanx in advance.

Slickun
04-29-2005, 03:05 PM
I know this has been discussed many times, but I didn't pay attention then.

I have an x-45 from Saitek, and really like it. However, the rudder controls work poorly. As I've gotten better I find that I'm missing shots that I figure I could make with good rudder control.

What can one do to add a set of rudder pedals? Do the CH pedals work with the x-45? Is there another combo?

Thanx in advance.

steve_v
04-29-2005, 03:14 PM
http://www.airwarfare.com/tech/sticks.htm

Bearcat99
04-29-2005, 11:23 PM
CH pedals wortk great with it. You can use the rudder rocker as a switch for flaps or something.

SithSpeeder
04-30-2005, 10:26 AM
I agree with you, Slickun (re: rocker for rudder). Shortly after getting my X-45, I went out and got a pair of used CH Pro pedals on ebay for $80--awesome investment in both control and immersion. It also makes driving on the ground a little easier, too (re: differential braking).

It's plug and play, pretty much. You just have to adjust the settings to your taste (make a nice smooth curve with just a wee bit of deadband).

I use rudder rocker for mix control.

Don't know if there are other combos--very happy with what I have.

* _54th_Speeder *

Atomic_Marten
04-30-2005, 10:51 AM
I'd say that rudder controll is the only thing on X45 that is IMO, poorly constructed. I mean, I had cheaper joystick that belong nowhere near X45 category, yet I was better with it, only because of good rudder controll (the fine adjustment when shooting means everything in this sim).

Nowadays, I use rudder on X45 pretty much only in taxiing, some evasive manoeuvres and stall recovery. To use it in combat (for aiming purposes) is *almost* out of question, because when you release rudder a bit, aircraft will shake and you will lost precious time for your aiming http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif(it is way better to use ailerons only).

I don't like complicated stuff (all that pedals and stuff -- it simply ain't my 'style').. So I must say that I've in one way regret that I have bought X45. If I had tried CyborgEvo, I bet that I would love that stick better.

BTW I have never tried Cyborg joystick, but I'm hoping that it (rudder) is done better.

Slickun
05-01-2005, 07:19 PM
Thanks all, and that was a great link, BTW.

OldMan____
05-01-2005, 07:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Atomic_Marten:
I'd say that rudder controll is the only thing on X45 that is IMO, poorly constructed. I mean, I had cheaper joystick that belong nowhere near X45 category, yet I was better with it, only because of good rudder controll (the fine adjustment when shooting means everything in this sim).

Nowadays, I use rudder on X45 pretty much only in taxiing, some evasive manoeuvres and stall recovery. To use it in combat (for aiming purposes) is *almost* out of question, because when you release rudder a bit, aircraft will shake and you will lost precious time for your aiming http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif(it is way better to use ailerons only).

I don't like complicated stuff (all that pedals and stuff -- it simply ain't my 'style').. So I must say that I've in one way regret that I have bought X45. If I had tried CyborgEvo, I bet that I would love that stick better.

BTW I have never tried Cyborg joystick, but I'm hoping that it (rudder) is done better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I solved hta on mine X45 by reducing game ruder slider to a very low profile. The foirst 9 of them vary from 5 to 65.. and only last one is 100 (used for stall recover). It is not perfect.. but is an improvment

Slickun
05-01-2005, 07:41 PM
Good idea, oldman.