PDA

View Full Version : PO1 Akira Yamamoto IJN pilot skin

elephant_il2
12-02-2004, 07:22 PM
These two skins of PO1 Akira Yamamoto are merely a preview to the full IJN early ('41-'42) skin pack that is almost completed.I highly modified my old template to a new,enhanched,superdetailed one adding small details that are even hard to notice, sometimes overcoming the limitations of the 3d model,such as:
a) Super detailed type 30 helmet worn normal or with ear flaps up,
D shaped ear covers,forhead brim in up or down position,goggle straps with buttons,adjustment thin leather straps arownd the crown with buckle fasten at the rear,name tag to the rear neckline.
b) Reworked type 97 parachute harness with superdetailed buckle,with easy release safety pin and the generally omitted in illustrations,parachute release rip cord handle,name tag on right strap and also the green cotton quilted back pad to keep the harness sraps in place.
c) Navy float vest with the exact number of kapok chambers,snap pocket for pencil or watch,straps and loops and the charachteristic diaper fasten between legs.
d) Navy gauntlets with swede front section and leather upper section with
cotton labels for name writting.
e) summer or winter flight suits with subtle color difference, distinctive collars and trousers pockets.
f) Sheikosha standard pilot's watch,strapped above flight suit on left arm below elbow.
g) Rank insignia on flight suit.
h) Leather flight boots in brown or black color with olive drab cotton labels.
i) And of course the most distinctive item of IJN Aviator's piece of garment the silk or woolen muffler.
Look pic below in larger than game magnification.

http://atlas.walagata.com/w/elephant/Yamamoto.jpg

http://www.il2skins.com/?action=display&skinid=16886
I wish I could interfere further to the 3d model for a 100% accurate representation,think I'm pushing the limits here.
Please comment or make corrections.

elephant_il2
12-02-2004, 07:22 PM
These two skins of PO1 Akira Yamamoto are merely a preview to the full IJN early ('41-'42) skin pack that is almost completed.I highly modified my old template to a new,enhanched,superdetailed one adding small details that are even hard to notice, sometimes overcoming the limitations of the 3d model,such as:
a) Super detailed type 30 helmet worn normal or with ear flaps up,
D shaped ear covers,forhead brim in up or down position,goggle straps with buttons,adjustment thin leather straps arownd the crown with buckle fasten at the rear,name tag to the rear neckline.
b) Reworked type 97 parachute harness with superdetailed buckle,with easy release safety pin and the generally omitted in illustrations,parachute release rip cord handle,name tag on right strap and also the green cotton quilted back pad to keep the harness sraps in place.
c) Navy float vest with the exact number of kapok chambers,snap pocket for pencil or watch,straps and loops and the charachteristic diaper fasten between legs.
d) Navy gauntlets with swede front section and leather upper section with
cotton labels for name writting.
e) summer or winter flight suits with subtle color difference, distinctive collars and trousers pockets.
f) Sheikosha standard pilot's watch,strapped above flight suit on left arm below elbow.
g) Rank insignia on flight suit.
h) Leather flight boots in brown or black color with olive drab cotton labels.
i) And of course the most distinctive item of IJN Aviator's piece of garment the silk or woolen muffler.
Look pic below in larger than game magnification.

http://atlas.walagata.com/w/elephant/Yamamoto.jpg

http://www.il2skins.com/?action=display&skinid=16886
I wish I could interfere further to the 3d model for a 100% accurate representation,think I'm pushing the limits here.
Please comment or make corrections.

Stiglr
12-02-2004, 07:42 PM
More accurate, you say?

There's absolutely NOTHING wrong with what you have right here!! Looks stunning!!!

elephant_il2
12-03-2004, 07:14 AM
Thanks,Stiglr !
I was refering to some details like the goggles or the oxygen mask that,practically, there isn't any chance of improoving them due to their original design.