PDA

View Full Version : Adding campaigns?

Skeet2005
02-22-2007, 07:48 PM
I downloaded "Hayates Over Leyte" and am having trouble installing it in 1946, can anyone help? I was able to install my other add on campaigns, like Hell in the pacific and Cactus Diary, HELP!!!
Mike

Skeet2005
02-22-2007, 07:48 PM
I downloaded "Hayates Over Leyte" and am having trouble installing it in 1946, can anyone help? I was able to install my other add on campaigns, like Hell in the pacific and Cactus Diary, HELP!!!
Mike

Skeet2005
02-23-2007, 04:31 PM
no one? help! pretty please? to be more specific, I extracted it to the folder missions>campaign>JA and I see it in Windows explorer mode, but I can't find it in the drop down menu under career,at all, in the sim. thanks.
Mike

XyZspineZyX
02-23-2007, 04:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skeet2005:
no one? help! pretty please? to be more specific, I extracted it to the folder missions&gt;campaign&gt;JA and I see it in Windows explorer mode, but I can't find it in the drop down menu under career,at all, in the sim. thanks.
Mike </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where did you download it from? I will download and try to install it myself

XyZspineZyX
02-23-2007, 04:51 PM
I found it

Well...

problem#1: it isn't in a folder that identifies it as Hayates over Leyte

Give me a moment, and I'll show you what to do

XyZspineZyX
02-23-2007, 04:54 PM
Step one:

Make a folder called "HOL" on your desktop

Step two:

extract all contents of the download to that folder

XyZspineZyX
02-23-2007, 04:57 PM
Step 3:

make another new folder on your desktop. Call it "HOLSKINS"

Step 4:

open your "HOL" folder. Move any .bmp file to "HOLSKINS"

XyZspineZyX
02-23-2007, 04:59 PM
Step 5:

Open the file "readme01" in your "HOL" folder. Follow the directions to place your skins. You will take them out of "HOLSKINS" and put them into their correct skin folders manually

Step 6:

move the entire folder "HOL" to missions&gt;campaign&gt;JA

XyZspineZyX
02-23-2007, 05:01 PM
Step 7:

Load the sim, select Hayates over Leyte from the drop-down, and have fun

hamselv2
02-23-2007, 05:01 PM
I assume that you have only one game installation folder (from the '46 DVD) and not two (i.e the '46 folder AND the old IL2 FB folder) - and that you therefore haven't saved the campaign to the 'wrong' game folder.

Download zip file.

Extract to this path (if default installation):
C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\Missions\Campaign\JA

Open game.

Create new Pilot career for Air Force: IJA

Select Hayates_Over_Leyte.

Fly.

XyZspineZyX
02-23-2007, 05:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hamselv2:
I assume that you have only one game installation folder (from the '46 DVD) and not two (i.e the '46 folder AND the old IL2 FB folder) - and that you therefore haven't saved the campaign to the 'wrong' game folder.

Download zip file.

Extract to this path (if default installation):
C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\Missions\Campaign\JA

Open game.

Create new Pilot career for Air Force: IJA

Select Hayates_Over_Leyte.

Fly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif that won't work. The missions are not in a folder and the sim won't run the campaign without a folder to segregate the campaing from other files

Download it and try. It's at M4T

http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=1693

The file structure is not intact

hamselv2
02-23-2007, 05:08 PM
It worked with the Hayates Over Leyte campaign that I have downloaded and installed.

If he has downloaded another version, in another file format than mine, it may of course not work, but he didn't state anything about where he got the file.

XyZspineZyX
02-23-2007, 05:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hamselv2:
It worked with the Hayates Over Leyte campaign that I have downloaded and installed.

If he has downloaded another version, in another file format than mine, it may of course not work, but he didn't state anything about where he got the file. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Where did you download from?

hamselv2
02-23-2007, 05:41 PM
I don't remember. The original downloaded campaign (zip file) was created on my PC 22 December 2006.

Skeet2005
02-23-2007, 05:42 PM
THanks for all the help, I don't remember where I got it from, (it was in December) but I will try doing the bit with the folders... (if that doesn't wirk, maybe there is a newer version I can try...) I am going now to try your ideas, thanks again!!!
Mike

EDIT: I did great till the part about "place my skins", what do I do with that? My readme file only has info about who made what skin. So, do I put my HOLSKINS folder inside HOL folder before placing inside the JA folder?

EDIT 2: I got it to run, now that I named it properly and put it in manually. But the skins are the standard ones in the game. THanks in advance for my NEXT help, thanks so much!

XyZspineZyX
02-23-2007, 06:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skeet2005:

EDIT: I did great till the part about "place my skins", what do I do with that? My readme file only has info about who made what skin. So, do I put my HOLSKINS folder inside HOL folder before placing inside the JA folder?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, that's too easy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Here's the paths:

IL-2 Sturmovik 1946&gt;Paintschemes&gt;Skins

With me so far? OK, Each folder you see in the skins folder is for an aircraft type

Some of the skin names in your new "HOLSKINS" folder will provide clues. Such as:

F6F-5_DnD_VF-83_USN_R0NNC0will go into the "F6F-5" folder

B25-J PBJ will go to the "B-25J" folder

Greg BF-110 as Ki-45 Nr62 53rd Sentai is too vague. Copy this and place into all Bf-110 folders

Greg Ki-46-III-Kai 28thS 2ndC Nr3 is also vague- copy and paste to all Ki-46 folders

Greg Ki-84Ia 47thS red generic goes to the "Ki-84-Ia" folder

K61HEI goes to the "Ki-61-I-Hei" folder

KI43IIb_Sen50_Chu2_44unmkd is vague- copy and paste to all Ki-43 folders

P38J_7-FS_49-FG_A goes to "p-38J" folder

P47D22 Lt Marvin Grant nom goes to "P-47D-22" folder

vpmedia_A6M2_Rabaul skin goes to "A6M2" folder

WW_P51-D20_4thFS_3rdACG_NM foes to "P-51D-20NA" folder

My guess is there was a problem with an intended self-installer

Skeet2005
02-23-2007, 07:30 PM
That WORKED, thanks so much, BBB!!!!
Mike here, I really appreciate all your help!!!!

XyZspineZyX
02-23-2007, 08:14 PM
Not a problem Mike http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

enjoy the campaign