PDA

View Full Version : Movies/DVDs that increase game appreciation

bartay
08-03-2006, 06:34 PM
Here in the forum there has been frequent mention of good aviation books featuring the aircraft in IL2+AEP+PF. If you are like me, the more one reads about them the greater the enjoyment and game appreciation.

Having purchased a couple of DVDs lately on specific aircraft I concluded that the same must surely be said for movies or DVDs that feature the aircraft.

So... 'Got any recommendations?

I'll start the list with a couple of no brainer choices: The Battle of Britain and Tora! Tora! Tora!

I'd also recommend a series of DVDs under the Roaring Glory Warbirds title. 'Purchased one on the Corsair and P-38 for $8 each. Excellent!

When I was a kid (in the days of black and white TV), I recall watching series titled 'War in the Air' and 'Navy Log'. Anyone old enough to remember those? How I would love to see them again!

bartay
08-03-2006, 06:34 PM
Here in the forum there has been frequent mention of good aviation books featuring the aircraft in IL2+AEP+PF. If you are like me, the more one reads about them the greater the enjoyment and game appreciation.

Having purchased a couple of DVDs lately on specific aircraft I concluded that the same must surely be said for movies or DVDs that feature the aircraft.

So... 'Got any recommendations?

I'll start the list with a couple of no brainer choices: The Battle of Britain and Tora! Tora! Tora!

I'd also recommend a series of DVDs under the Roaring Glory Warbirds title. 'Purchased one on the Corsair and P-38 for $8 each. Excellent!

When I was a kid (in the days of black and white TV), I recall watching series titled 'War in the Air' and 'Navy Log'. Anyone old enough to remember those? How I would love to see them again!

Scharnhorst1943
08-03-2006, 07:19 PM
I've got a couple for ya

Memphis Belle
Tuskegee Airmen
The Blue Max - WWI but still awsome
Midway - with Henry Fonda
Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo
Battle of Britain
Tora Tora Tora
Twelve O'clock High
Command Decision - with Clark Gable
Flying Leathernecks - John Wayne
Flying Tigers - John Wayne
Black Sheep Squadron - is actually a TV serries

sokil
08-03-2006, 07:23 PM
a good web site to check out www.zenoswarbirdvideos.com (http://www.zenoswarbirdvideos.com)

Dexmeister
08-08-2006, 02:17 PM
Dark Blue World is awesome.

Padser
08-09-2006, 06:14 AM
I'd also recommend 'A Piece of Cake' - a four part series on British TV (now only available on DVD - I think from the US or Canada - check out Amazon)

Toodle-pip,

Pads

PS. 'The Dambusters' is a classic and '633 Squadron' worth it for the music alone...

Haigotron
08-09-2006, 01:23 PM
Das Boot, no other movie about a uboat gives you an urge to fly a plane...its that powerful...er wait...this isnt SHIII forum...

OH damn, then that also mean i wrote my special martha stewart recipe on the obesity help forums :O...