PDA

View Full Version : please allow the 3rd person view to be blocked in multi-player.

Jermtheory
05-01-2006, 05:23 PM
some of us feel that 3rd person is totally unrealistic.we like the tension of "slicing the pie".we think that being able to see arround corners and over objects without risking your neck is totally unrealistic and lame.

so while your trying to make the game "more accessible to a wider audience"[translation:dumbed down for the masses]please remember the hardcore and give us the ability to lock out this feature in multi-player.

Jermtheory
05-01-2006, 05:23 PM
some of us feel that 3rd person is totally unrealistic.we like the tension of "slicing the pie".we think that being able to see arround corners and over objects without risking your neck is totally unrealistic and lame.

so while your trying to make the game "more accessible to a wider audience"[translation:dumbed down for the masses]please remember the hardcore and give us the ability to lock out this feature in multi-player.

Real720
05-01-2006, 08:06 PM
I agree. However, I feel that you should've waited until E3 was over before posting this thread.

Jermtheory
05-01-2006, 10:44 PM
why? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Spec260
05-01-2006, 10:51 PM
I dont know if I would want it or not yet because I have not seen it yet in action but I dont see anything wrong with having more options.

If your going to host a game for players then you should be able to have the options you want. Just as long as you can view the settings before you join the game.

Jermtheory
05-01-2006, 11:13 PM
i know i dont want it.third person ruins shooters imo.especially ones that are supposed to be tactical and realistic.seeing arround corners at little to no risk isnt realistic.

Catpuss
05-02-2006, 10:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jermtheory:
i know i dont want it.third person ruins shooters imo.especially ones that are supposed to be tactical and realistic.seeing arround corners at little to no risk isnt realistic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well for me 3rd person view pretty much ruined Ghost Recon 2.

It wasn't too bad in GRAW single player as it showed off the nice wall hugging and the like, but sadly GRAW is little better than GR2 (even worse it the respect of poor co-op missions).

oXCHeeCHXo
05-02-2006, 01:02 PM
i total agree with this i play graw and i have played GR since the original and when gr2 came out and it was in third person all you ever here is people complaining about the third person so ubisoft take the hint that the third person ruins the game for the players that play it longer the a month

when i play R6 BA i had a lot more fun than i did when i played GR2 so if i were ubisoft i would make it a true fps like BA was because its a lot more fun and the game stays competative a lot longer

take for example
BA is a fps and still has many clans and teams playing it because nobody complains of get 3rd person camped or any of that junk

now lets look and GR2 and GR2 SS they were both 3rd person and on gamebattles which does three months season for clans died after about 2 or 3 seasons a peice because people got tired of being 3rd person camped and got tired of all the complaining

overall i belive that because of BA first person view it stayed a fast paced game with less complaining it has stayed alive longer than gr2 and gr2 ss combined

Jermtheory
05-02-2006, 01:09 PM
i didnt get to play much mp in G.R 2 but the A.I. was horrible.you could set up in a good position start popping baddys and every enemy on the map would funnel to you.

it was a shooting gallery.

i was also dissapointed they went to 3rd person instead of just adding a gun model in 1st person.not having the 1st person gun model is the only complaint i had about G.R. and G.R.I.T..

theres nothing realistic about having an invisible gun and regardless what G.R. "purest" say you can see your weapon when firing one properly in real life.just because you dont focus on the weapon doesnt mean you cant see it,unless your blind.

oXCHeeCHXo
05-02-2006, 01:20 PM
i agree i love the view of BA and i really hope that that vegas is the same way and that if and when GR4 comes out that it will be the same way

ubi did the right thing making graw for regular xbox the BA view

lets just hope they dont **** up agian

DayGlow
05-02-2006, 05:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jermtheory:
i know i dont want it.third person ruins shooters imo.especially ones that are supposed to be tactical and realistic.seeing arround corners at little to no risk isnt realistic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would weight your expectations at this point. I think it is abundantly clear that although the devs want a realistic flavor to the game, they aren't denying Hollywood influences either.

If you are expecting a no-holds barred tactical sim you will be disappointed. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see a grounded tactical sim as well, but I also understand the desire for the more action/realism motif.

Choke_A_Smurf
05-02-2006, 07:29 PM
I pray to God they don't break pattern and make a TPS Rainbow. If they do, it might be up there with my hate of Lockdown, regardless of how good the game is otherwise. Please, FPS with gun, that's all we ask.

Spec260
05-02-2006, 07:29 PM
Do we even know exactly how the third person would even work? I thought it only goes in third person when you stick your self against the wall at a corner. When your not leaning out looking around the corner the camera is zoomed more closer up on you and as you press to lean out it zooms out showing around the corner. The more you lean the more you see but also the more you expose your self.

That might be ok to me, as long as your self is showing when your in third person peeking around the corner. If the third person camera is like ghost recon or the original R6 then thats another story.

WGSpeddyeddy25
05-02-2006, 08:11 PM
I have to disagree with you, I dont think there should be third person for the lean, put your own face out there, kinda like RS3 but no Lean Glitch. Thats what I would prefer. As for the whole super tactical realistic thing, I would just like the game to be as realistic as it should be, like all the other rainbow six games that came before it (except for Lockdown), just to point out, they all sold well and to the masses also. I still dont understand why this game is being 'dumbed down' for the masses while the old rainbow six games already sold well, if they didnt then there wouldnt be a need for a sequal if it was so "hardcore" that regular players didnt want, but in those cases that wasnt true at all, sure, Rainbow six Rogue Spear, RS3, BA, RvS, ect. werent pick up and play games, but they were hella successful, were they not. If I can recall they recieved very high marks from Big Game sites such as IGN, Gamespot, Gamespy and more. I would just like to see the return of the series the way it was before Lockdown, those were the successful days, its never too late to revive the old ways, we all get off track once and a while but most of the time we find our ways back, so can Rainbow six I believe.

Jermtheory
05-03-2006, 12:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spec260:
Do we even know exactly how the third person would even work? I thought it only goes in third person when you stick your self against the wall at a corner. When your not leaning out looking around the corner the camera is zoomed more closer up on you and as you press to lean out it zooms out showing around the corner. The more you lean the more you see but also the more you expose your self.

That might be ok to me, as long as your self is showing when your in third person peeking around the corner. If the third person camera is like ghost recon or the original R6 then thats another story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if this is indeed the way it works it would be a vast improvement over any 3rd person game ive played,however i would still prefer a straight up 1st person.

cre8nhavoc
05-03-2006, 01:27 PM
You know technically, this series always offered both first and third person views. Just so happens that the console version only got the first person.

IMO, I don't mind the view in single player, but I would in multi. I don't know why, I guess for the added challenge. But as mentioned by the devs, we can't comment and base an opinion on it yet since, well, we have yet to see it in action.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif