PDA

View Full Version : Medals

Ben131IAP
07-11-2005, 04:22 AM
Hi,
I would like to win two medals at once in campaign.(Stormovik-Original version.)
That is to say I would like to recieve a medal from the French and the Soviets for the same amount of kills, say 25, at the same time.
Does anyone know how I can alter the game in "Explorer" to achieve this?
Thanks if you can help,
Ben131

Ben131IAP
07-11-2005, 04:22 AM
Hi,
I would like to win two medals at once in campaign.(Stormovik-Original version.)
That is to say I would like to recieve a medal from the French and the Soviets for the same amount of kills, say 25, at the same time.
Does anyone know how I can alter the game in "Explorer" to achieve this?
Thanks if you can help,
Ben131

Tooz_69GIAP
07-11-2005, 10:09 AM
i don't think this is possible.

blazer-glory
07-11-2005, 10:50 AM
Are the French in this game? Have'nt seen them myself so far. :S

Worf101
07-11-2005, 11:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blazer-glory:
Are the French in this game? Have'nt seen them myself so far. :S </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've did the Normandie campaign offline. I really hate all this French bashing personally. These men may have been poorly led during the first and second World Wars but they were/are not cowards. Can you imagine traveling from France to Russia after your countries been overrun so that you can take to the air in inferior aircraft? To fight a numerically superior (at least early on) and technically uperior foe???

I salute the brave men of France who fought and endured two world wars on their HOME SOIL and never gave up or stopped fighting for their liberation.

Sgt. David D. Macks, late of the 2nd, 5th and 8th Engineer Bns. "Essayons".

h009291
07-11-2005, 12:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I really hate all this French bashing personally. These men may have been poorly led during the first and second World Wars but they were/are not cowards. Can you imagine traveling from France to Russia after your countries been overrun so that you can take to the air in inferior aircraft? To fight a numerically superior (at least early on) and technically uperior foe???

I salute the brave men of France who fought and endured two world wars on their HOME SOIL and never gave up or stopped fighting for their liberation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Geez .. you have some issues? I never read anything about French "bashing" here until you mentioned it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

harryklein66
07-11-2005, 03:02 PM
poorly lead during the first WW I'm not sure http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
for the bashing I agree this is really sad.

Zeus-cat
07-11-2005, 04:05 PM
The only way to do this is to place some Russian medals and some French medals in the same folder. Medals are listed as award0 thru award7. Someone named Tony from Milan did a replacement medal pack with French, Romanian, Japanese, Itlaian and Flying Tigers medals. If you want it send me an email to zeuscat@sbcglobal.net

For example you could set it up like this:
award0 would be a Russian medal
award1 could be a French medal
award2 would be a Russian medal
award3 could be a French medal
award4 would be a Russian medal
award5 could be a French medal
award6 would be a Russian medal
award7 could be a French medal

I could be mistaken, but I don't think you can win two medals at the same time.

award0 is given when you get to a certain number of points or kills. award1 at the next level. Anyone know what these are?

Zeus-cat

blazer-glory
07-12-2005, 05:49 AM
Anyone who fought against the Nazis is okay in my book. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Worf101
07-12-2005, 02:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by h009291:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I really hate all this French bashing personally. These men may have been poorly led during the first and second World Wars but they were/are not cowards. Can you imagine traveling from France to Russia after your countries been overrun so that you can take to the air in inferior aircraft? To fight a numerically superior (at least early on) and technically uperior foe???

I salute the brave men of France who fought and endured two world wars on their HOME SOIL and never gave up or stopped fighting for their liberation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Geez .. you have some issues? I never read anything about French "bashing" here until you mentioned it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, I may have unloaded on you a bit, but French Bashing has been a fave sport on this and other boards ever since the run-up to "Operation Iraqi Freedom". Most of these comments take the form of surrender cracks, and cowardice taunts, usually spewed out from folks who've never shouldered a rifle themselves.

When Blazer Glory wrote:

"Are the French in this game? Have'nt seen them myself so far. :S"

I took that as a crack. Perhaps I over reacted and read him/her wrong and if I did I apologize. If I didn't then my original complaint stands. I'm NOT french, nor descended from the French, but I did wear a uniform and defend this country and as a veteran I believe anyone who shouldered a rifle in defense of his or her land deserves a modicum of respect.

When I was young, before I joined the Army, I read a story of a French Pilot flying with the Russians. They were doing a hop to a different airfield. His chief mechanic, a Russian, was riding behind him. Their plane developed engine trouble. The pilot could've bailed, saved his own life but he didn't. I'm sure the mechanic even told him to bail, but he didn't, they died together. This story has never left me. This was one of those "French Cowards" folks joke about... Cowards my ***.

Da Worfster

telsono
07-12-2005, 04:51 PM
Worf101 I took that comment not as a swipe against the French, but as sarcasm at the lack of French aircraft in the game or even American aircraft that the French used in the first half of WWII. There isn't a flyable H-75 (P-36) for example which could expand alot of early war scenario's. It would be interesting to have Morane-Saulnier 406's or Dewotine 520's, etc. flying about in this Sim. Look at the Italian mix, only the two Fiats (CR 42 and G.50). Supposedly we were to have more Italian aircraft in a near future patch, but we'll wait and see.

blazer-glory
07-13-2005, 03:33 AM
Sorry if you took it the wrong way,I can see how you could have. I was just confused as I only have Il2 and FB and have never heard of any French campaigns in the game so I was a little confused thats all. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Worf101
07-14-2005, 01:33 PM
Hey, thanks for explaining it to me. I'm sorry it seems I took the comment wrong. I should've given the guys the benefit of the doubt and expected the best and not the worst. My humblest and deepest apologies.

Da Worfster

blazer-glory
07-14-2005, 02:01 PM
Not a problem my friend. Happy flying! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif