PDA

View Full Version : Desmonds Past?!

M8sT3r AsSASs1n
11-07-2010, 02:17 PM
Am i the only person who seems curious about the fact that desmond lived with a whole clan of assassins on "the farm",and feels like the only person who wnats to know about them since the templars supposedly found "the farm" where Desmond lived deserted in AC 1 ?!

M8sT3r AsSASs1n
11-07-2010, 02:17 PM
Am i the only person who seems curious about the fact that desmond lived with a whole clan of assassins on "the farm",and feels like the only person who wnats to know about them since the templars supposedly found "the farm" where Desmond lived deserted in AC 1 ?!

EmperorxZurg
11-07-2010, 02:20 PM
when did the game say the Templars found the farm? I don't remember that... They only captured him because he left and worked as a bartender

M8sT3r AsSASs1n
11-07-2010, 02:25 PM
In AC 1 there is a point in the game where Lucy tells you that they searched where you use to live and that the Place was deserted. Desmond thought his parents were hippies living of the grid so he left "the farm". but he said there was about 30 or so people lived there!? Asssassins?!

AnthonyA85
11-07-2010, 02:27 PM
Vidic said they'd been "We've been busy this past year. Hunting down your anclaves....your Desert Communes and so forth..." and after Vidic left, Lucy said they'd sent a team but found the place deserted.

M8sT3r AsSASs1n
11-07-2010, 02:31 PM
I know thats why im trying to figure out if there planning on bringing any further insight on what happened to your Assassin community that you grew up in. I mean it would be sweat as hell if your father dispatched lucy and her team to rescue you?!

EmperorxZurg
11-07-2010, 02:38 PM
doubt it. It was probably one of many that they found considering in AC2, Lucy talks about how the Templars always find the assassin layouts sometime or another. (A reason the African assassins have diminished) And Desmond knew they were assassins, he just didn't want to be one so he fled. Then as Abstergo zeroed in on the farm, the assassins probably caught wind and fled and are now in some other remote society. It seems like those assassins were rural ones though, as they weren't connected to the grid which Lucy's friends contacted the other assassins with. Desmond's society probably decided to be like Altair's time and go solo; working for themselves.

M8sT3r AsSASs1n
11-07-2010, 02:44 PM
So you dont think Desmonds parents being assassins would have been able to keep track of desmond at all?! and that they wouldnt want to try and help him?! especially when altair explains in the codex that to revive the assassin order they need to have families?!

RipYourSpineOut
11-07-2010, 02:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nkchit08:
So you dont think Desmonds parents being assassins would have been able to keep track of desmond at all?! and that they wouldnt want to try and help him?! especially when altair explains in the codex that to revive the assassin order they need to have families?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, since Desmond escaped the farm, I'm guessing his parents took it as he didn't want anything to do with it. It's possible they just left it at that. Also, Desmond implied in AC1 that he worked diligently on maintaining a low profile, so it's possible they might never really track him down. If they do, I hope they bring it up in AC3, or even possibly in AC: Brotherhood, but I have a vibe that they might not bring it up until AC3 (if they choose to even bring it out at all) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

tjbyrum1
11-07-2010, 03:45 PM
Hm, interesting. I forgot all about this.

Desmond must not have changed his name, else Lucy would now about it (I assume) and call him something different. Which means that Abstergo probably found him using names and matched his.

Also, I think those Assassin's may have been attacked.

Or, remember those Assassin buddies who tried to help Desmond in AC1 but were killed? Wonder if THEY were the ones Desmond was related to? Did Lucy know about it? I believe it Lucy knew they were coming, she'd have helped them out, and escaped with Desmond.

Which leads me to believe Lucy, Shaun, and Rebeca knew nothing of the activities which the 'Farm Assassins' were doing. So one day, when the Farm Assassins discovered Desmond was captured by Abstergo, maybe they attempted a rescue attempt but some were killed off. So yes, maybe these Farm Assassins WERE looking our for Desmond.

EmperorxZurg
11-07-2010, 04:43 PM
which would coincide with my theory that the farm assassins broke away from the central creed which Rebecca is a part of and communicates with other branches of said central creed. The farm assassins are like a militia per say.

masterjin5
11-07-2010, 05:15 PM
no because if in assassins creed one when your closet was open there was a code that let you get out of your room. Then on lucy's desk was another code and you could log onto her computer. In one email it looked liked an add but if you broke the cipher it said like "we are coming to get you" This shows that Lucy new about the assassins coming. She also was asking about another worker who died in accident I feel like that worker was an assassin undercover like lucy.

EmperorxZurg
11-07-2010, 05:22 PM
those were different assassins shown in AC2 master http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif they were there for Desmond, and as a secondary, Lucy. because they had picked up info about her being an assassin. Like a militia helping out a corporal of the national army (man, me and the militia references XD)

Jostru
11-07-2010, 05:57 PM
The thing that I'm wondering the most is: WHERE is 'The Farm'? Since it appears that Abstergo and the hideout from AC2 were both in Italy all this time, does that mean 'The Farm' is also in Italy? If yes, then wouldn't Desmond speak or at least understand italian since he was raised in Italy?

thekyle0
11-07-2010, 06:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
doubt it. It was probably one of many that they found considering in AC2, Lucy talks about how the Templars always find the assassin layouts sometime or another. (A reason the African assassins have diminished) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>When did Lucy talk about how the African chapters of the brotherhood are being diminished? Or are you referring to the "desert hideouts" comment?

EmperorxZurg
11-07-2010, 06:16 PM
ah, that was it. Desert hideouts. Wonder why my head told me african 0_o (weird since I live in an actual desert)