PDA

View Full Version : Some helpful information on possible hardware requirements for SOW

lbuchele
08-30-2008, 11:16 PM
Two years ago, Oleg has stated that the hardware necessary to run SOW still was non available.
Today, we have seen huge leap forward in computing power, at a point that I guess we already have machines capable to do it well.
I don't know if everybody have seen the Rise of Flights alpha videos, but this upcoming title has some serious graphics.
So, as I´m planning to upgrade my rig, I ask VikS in SimHQ foruns( staff member of ROF) what kind of rig he used to make the movies, and he reply that was an E 6600, with 4 Gb RAM and GF 9800 GTX, with really good results,no frame rate dropping (at 1280x1024, with no optimization done yet)
Maybe this can be a sign that SOW will not need supercomputer too, when launched.

lbuchele
08-30-2008, 11:16 PM
Two years ago, Oleg has stated that the hardware necessary to run SOW still was non available.
Today, we have seen huge leap forward in computing power, at a point that I guess we already have machines capable to do it well.
I don't know if everybody have seen the Rise of Flights alpha videos, but this upcoming title has some serious graphics.
So, as I´m planning to upgrade my rig, I ask VikS in SimHQ foruns( staff member of ROF) what kind of rig he used to make the movies, and he reply that was an E 6600, with 4 Gb RAM and GF 9800 GTX, with really good results,no frame rate dropping (at 1280x1024, with no optimization done yet)
Maybe this can be a sign that SOW will not need supercomputer too, when launched.

Chris0382
08-31-2008, 04:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Maybe this can be a sign that SOW will not need supercomputer to </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You never know. Sometimes comparing computer power for games is like comparing apples to oranges.

Is the game processor or graphic card intessive.

Is the game Hard Drive intensive and needs a fast harddrive or fast RAM etc.

Will 4GB be enough.

What OS is it optimized for and is it 64 or 32 bit optimized.

Is the game optimized for dual or quad cores etc.

Will it run at lower resolutions or require a fast high resolution LCD or CRT monitor.

There are a lot of factors.

Lets just wait and see.