PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else notice...

Last_Assassins
12-29-2006, 11:18 PM
That all the screen shots and videos have been of the same city and the same assassination (video wise on that part) I mean supposidly there are supposed to be 3 HUGE cities to go roaming through... Why is it that we have been limited to the Gallows at Acre? Hm.... I'm still bloody excited though!!! I love it, haha!

~Chase

Last_Assassins
12-29-2006, 11:18 PM
That all the screen shots and videos have been of the same city and the same assassination (video wise on that part) I mean supposidly there are supposed to be 3 HUGE cities to go roaming through... Why is it that we have been limited to the Gallows at Acre? Hm.... I'm still bloody excited though!!! I love it, haha!

~Chase

AKdemon
12-29-2006, 11:49 PM
...AC has a quite a few months before they'll even consider releasing it. I think that Ubisoft has done a fantastic job on whatever they've accomplished. The 2 other cities will follow. I'm sure they'll keep us updated as needed w/ more trailers and screens when they feel like it.
I know from personal exp that programming this stuff is a helluvalot harder than any game developer makes it look. I'm currently in a programming class @ my school, and we're learing Visual Basic, one of THE simplest programming languages to learn. I consider myself to be quite adept w/ computers, but that class, for whatever reason, is kicking my ***. Hard. Give them time.
I hope none of the programmers read this thread, because if I was an Ubisoft programmer, and after seeing these and others like them, I'd get depressed or something that my fans have little to no faith in me.
That's all a personal thing. If any of you programmers out there (real Ubisoft staff, mind you) are reading this, you all have my deepest gratitude and respect for the work you do. I don't mean to come off on this post as offensive in any way.

princeofyo
12-30-2006, 10:29 AM
There's been quite a few screenshots of the Saracen City of Damascus. I don't think there's been any on Jerusalem. Maybe at least one.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

RetiredHatch
12-30-2006, 02:54 PM
it's because they don't want to reveal TOO much of the game they can show you all the physics and dynamics and other pretty stuff in one city why ruin what the other cities are going to be like?

Wherethesnow
12-30-2006, 06:35 PM
does it really matter, its not like they are going to lie and only have one city

Verit4s
12-30-2006, 09:44 PM
SO far nothing has really been said about the storyline, except we have a setting, a character name, and that you want to end a war.

*** AKdemon said, they haven't even thought of releasing yet, so they just focus on the different features they would like to have in the game. (Crowds, multiple routes, scripted events, social blend, etc.)

They aren't giving you your hit list and where they are just yet, I'm guessing they will release that maybe a couple weeks before games release (if they even do release it).

Last_Assassins
12-31-2006, 01:30 PM
I wasn't trying to be mean or anything. This game looks absolutly amazing! I'm just simply curious as to why what they have shown so far has seemed so limited in this vast game. Thats all! By no means am I let down by what i have seen i was simply curious! Sorry if I offended anyone! AC will OWN all games... Thanks!

~Chase

Lateral1us
01-01-2007, 11:13 PM
Where are all the scrrens and Videos located?*noob*

AKdemon
01-02-2007, 04:00 PM
I prefer the following official site. Official, as in Ubisoft runs it. Lovely place, I daresay.
http://assassinscreed.uk.ubi.com/

RetiredHatch
01-02-2007, 04:46 PM
but there's sooooo many more screens than the ones on the official site i usually use google image search or goto ign or other gamer websites i have 25 screens saved on my comp and there's only 8 on the website...

blueshadows991
01-07-2007, 09:52 PM
download the webkit. tons of hi-res stuff in there. get it off the official site.

mc511
01-07-2007, 10:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AKdemon:
...AC has a quite a few months before they'll even consider releasing it. I think that Ubisoft has done a fantastic job on whatever they've accomplished. The 2 other cities will follow. I'm sure they'll keep us updated as needed w/ more trailers and screens when they feel like it.
I know from personal exp that programming this stuff is a helluvalot harder than any game developer makes it look. I'm currently in a programming class @ my school, and we're learing Visual Basic, one of THE simplest programming languages to learn. I consider myself to be quite adept w/ computers, but that class, for whatever reason, is kicking my ***. Hard. Give them time.
I hope none of the programmers read this thread, because if I was an Ubisoft programmer, and after seeing these and others like them, I'd get depressed or something that my fans have little to no faith in me.
That's all a personal thing. If any of you programmers out there (real Ubisoft staff, mind you) are reading this, you all have my deepest gratitude and respect for the work you do. I don't mean to come off on this post as offensive in any way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its a mix between programming and art. Not just programming. THey both are very crucial to making a game.

Michael_963
01-08-2007, 03:53 PM
I'm starting to relalize the same thing. As far as I can see there are three reasons for this:
the developers at Ubisoft might be saving the whole story t'ill the release or later, it could be because AC might be really short, or maybe it's just becouse the other screen shots and trailers are just not availible at the moment. Anyway, I'm sure it will get better.