PDA

View Full Version : AC:R Notoriety.. This can't be right?

social-phobia
11-21-2011, 09:24 AM
I've just started to play this (Act 4 or 5 now)... What's going on with the notoriety? All I've been doing is walking about the place buying shops and just like that, I have a red square.

I've run into a few people but not pick pocketed, climbed a few buildings but none of this seems worthy of being a wanted man.

Can some one please explain how notoriety works in this game as I can't find anything of relivance.

Thanks in advance.

social-phobia
11-21-2011, 09:24 AM
I've just started to play this (Act 4 or 5 now)... What's going on with the notoriety? All I've been doing is walking about the place buying shops and just like that, I have a red square.

I've run into a few people but not pick pocketed, climbed a few buildings but none of this seems worthy of being a wanted man.

Can some one please explain how notoriety works in this game as I can't find anything of relivance.

Thanks in advance.

Assassin_M
11-21-2011, 09:26 AM
Now its actually the Templars who are watching your acions, so basically any act of renovation, Den Attack, and/or Byzantine fight will get you wanted.

reini03
11-21-2011, 09:28 AM
Each time you renovate a building, your notoriety increases by 25%. But there's something I don't get either... Byzantines will attack you anyways, no matter if you are secret or not. But Janissaries and Ottomans... I've been running around with full notoriety for quite some time now. And they did nothing. Literally. So... what's the point in having notoriety at all?

Assassin_M
11-21-2011, 09:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MagnifyHope:
Each time you renovate a building, your notoriety increases by 25%. But there's something I don't get either... Byzantines will attack you anyways, no matter if you are secret or not. But Janissaries and Ottomans... I've been running around with full notoriety for quite some time now. And they did nothing. Literally. So... what's the point in having notoriety at all? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
So that your Den can be attacked http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

social-phobia
11-21-2011, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the quick reply guys. It must be the renovations causing it to increase.

At least I know now, cheers =)

Assassin_M
11-21-2011, 09:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by social-phobia:
Thanks for the quick reply guys. It must be the renovations causing it to increase.

At least I know now, cheers =) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You are welcome, my friend, we all need help sometime and we all provide http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

IntoxicEIGHT
11-21-2011, 09:39 AM
Ezio has been accountable for about a billion templar soldiers being gruesomely assassinated and ripped to shreads. I'm surprised they aren't executed anyone spotted wearing a hood.

twenty_glyphs
11-21-2011, 09:43 AM
The notoriety is only for the status of Assassin's Dens and when they get attacked. When you get full notoriety, or Templar Awareness, any "reprehensible" actions you perform after that will likely result in one of your dens being attacked if it doesn't have a Master Assassin installed. Byzantine guards always attack you on site and Ottoman guards are always neutral, so Byzantines act like old guards when you had full notoriety and Ottomans act like old guards when your notoriety wasn't full.

I have to say I really don't like this change to notoriety. It's even more tedious now, and without the wanted posters it's harder to manage. Bribing heralds will decrease your notoriety by 25%, but won't appear until your notoriety is at least 25% full, and the corrupt officials reduce it by 50% but don't appear until you are 50% or more notorious. So you can't be proactive about managing it and have to wait until it's high enough to trigger the appropriate icons on your map. This stinks because I'd like to go after the corrupt officials sometimes when my level is still below 50% because it's more fun than just pressing "B" to bribe a herald. It also seems like a punishment for buying property, since it constantly forces me to lower my notoriety before I make too many purchases. By the way, buying property actually has a 20% increase, not 25% (according to the strategy guide).

The only change I like about the system is that the corrupt officials have bodyguards now, which makes that slightly more challenging and fun.

ProdiGurl
11-21-2011, 10:21 AM
What I basically noticed in ACR is that while the fighting and mission syncs are a little bit easier, you're spotted alot more often & get into other trouble which brings more conflict to you.
Sort of a trade off?

Just find an official, kill him & the 2 guards behind him . . you may have to repeat it & it's all gone.
I love doing those.

Artemis88
11-21-2011, 10:27 AM
I did find something interesting a few hours ago.

Had a small amount of notoriety that couldn't be removed by bribing the heralds since they didn't appear on my map (not notorious enough). Had a stalker attack me, managed to counter his attack and kill him and the notoriety that I had was removed. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

LightRey
11-21-2011, 10:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Artemis88:
I did find something interesting a few hours ago.

Had a small amount of notoriety that couldn't be removed by bribing the heralds since they didn't appear on my map (not notorious enough). Had a stalker attack me, managed to counter his attack and kill him and the notoriety that I had was removed. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I found this out today myself. Quite interesting. So there's actually 4 ways of removing Templar Awareness.

1. Bribing heralds. (-25%)
2. Killing Byzantine diplomats. (-50%)
3. Killing a stalker. (-25%(?))
4. Playing and finishing a Den Defense mission. (-100%)

rrmelend
11-21-2011, 12:02 PM
I could be wrong but I believe going to the tailor's shop and having your clothes dyed takes off 15%.

NuclearFuss
11-21-2011, 01:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rrmelend:
I could be wrong but I believe going to the tailor's shop and having your clothes dyed takes off 15%. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Muchos wrong my friend.

YHHTQ
11-21-2011, 01:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rrmelend:
I could be wrong but I believe going to the tailor's shop and having your clothes dyed takes off 15%. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're most likely refering to the discount.

S-EVANS
11-21-2011, 01:32 PM
Im currently spending my time renovating the stores and i have to admit its rather annoying having to run back and forth after the 4th store to return to secret again, but the herald bug helps a lot and whilst moving between stuff i just send my recruits after the guards to avoid conflict as i walk past...

souNdwAve89
11-21-2011, 01:45 PM
I personally like the new noriety system. Yusuf said so himself that the assassins have a bigger presence in Constantinople and even the citizens and government know about them. They don't really cause any trouble, so they're left along for now. The Byzantines are full Templars, who act like the Templar Knights in AC1, where they will attack you no matter what. The Ottoman soldiers/Janissary act like the regular soldiers in past games, where they will only get violent if you do something bad like killing in front of them, pick picketing, etc. The idea of raising your noriety when renovating shops is a weird idea since how does renovating a shop connected to the actions of the assassins http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif