PDA

View Full Version : Game freezes

Kalabera
11-04-2007, 02:23 AM
Good morning,

I experience systematic freezes when I play any type of game (ranked, practice, tournament) in offline mode. It happens randomly: often after a few minutes or in the next game. It's currently impossible to play for more than 15mn without those freezes.

I have tried to update the game by downloading the patch but it refuses, stating that my GS.ini is an unknown version. I suppose the automatic patcher did update the game already the fist time I launched it but my chessmaster.exe version is still 1.0.0 (while my game.exe is 1,1,0,0).

My system: XP Pro SP2; core 2 duo 6700 (not o/c) and 2GB ram; GeForce 7900GTX; DirectX 9c; Forceware driver 163.71).

Thanks for your help.

Kalabera
11-04-2007, 02:23 AM
Good morning,

I experience systematic freezes when I play any type of game (ranked, practice, tournament) in offline mode. It happens randomly: often after a few minutes or in the next game. It's currently impossible to play for more than 15mn without those freezes.

I have tried to update the game by downloading the patch but it refuses, stating that my GS.ini is an unknown version. I suppose the automatic patcher did update the game already the fist time I launched it but my chessmaster.exe version is still 1.0.0 (while my game.exe is 1,1,0,0).

My system: XP Pro SP2; core 2 duo 6700 (not o/c) and 2GB ram; GeForce 7900GTX; DirectX 9c; Forceware driver 163.71).

Thanks for your help.

diskamyl
11-04-2007, 03:12 PM
there are several advices I can think of:

1)try changing(switching) the processors the game.exe and the engine (theking) runs on.

2)uninstall chessmaster completely and install it again, and again try to install the patch.

3)check for updates on your graphics card's drivers and install them if there are any.

4)try closing your antivirus or antispyware programs while running chessmaster.

Kalabera
11-05-2007, 09:31 AM
Heh, thanks diskamyl.

Already tried stopping my AV, uninstall/install and checking for updates without effects but tried to force thegame.exe on CPU1 instead of 0 seems to work perfectly !

Thanks again for your help and maybe a hint for developpers to correct something that would need to.

diskamyl
11-05-2007, 10:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kalabera:
Heh, thanks diskamyl.

Already tried stopping my AV, uninstall/install and checking for updates without effects but tried to force thegame.exe on CPU1 instead of 0 seems to work perfectly !

Thanks again for your help and maybe a hint for developpers to correct something that would need to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm both surprised and glad it worked.http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

rhombus
11-06-2007, 12:36 AM
Must stop my antivirus program to avoid CM XI from freezing when playing other than online games. Hope this might help someone with freezing problems.
Windows xp2 sp2. AMD athlon 3800+ single core. Gainward 7900GS card. 2MB memory.
Best regards.

SSBN617
11-06-2007, 02:56 PM
Avast anti-virus works fine with the game and is free for just registering. WWW.avast.com (http://WWW.avast.com) Download the home edition.Great program.