PDA

View Full Version : bounce on landing too hard for F6F?

maxlitwin
12-06-2004, 07:36 PM
i was flying in my F6F campaign, but every time i do a carrier landing in one i seem to nose over from the smallest bounce. what i've noticed is that when the conditions are met for a proper three point landing are met, the plane bounces and then noses over and all that. the thing is i've done this a series of times with the hellcat and haven't had a successful landing, the bounce is so severe that it's extremely difficult (i've managed it a few times, so it isn't impossible) to land a plane that from what i've heard was a quite doscile and forgiving plane in the landing pattern. so what's the problem, is it just me? if so would somebody please tell me, or send me a track with the proper landing technique? if it isn't, i've got a track of my landing a hellcat, in the above mentioned manner, and a corsair for comparison, which was known for it's high landing speed and nasty stall characteristics that anyone who wishes to can look at to see my problem (which i actually have no problems landing without fatal bouncing). i am using 3.01m version, F6F-3 late, vs. F4U-1D. i can email you the tracks if you're interested in seeing them.

thanks for the help and or feedback,
Max

maxlitwin
12-06-2004, 07:36 PM
i was flying in my F6F campaign, but every time i do a carrier landing in one i seem to nose over from the smallest bounce. what i've noticed is that when the conditions are met for a proper three point landing are met, the plane bounces and then noses over and all that. the thing is i've done this a series of times with the hellcat and haven't had a successful landing, the bounce is so severe that it's extremely difficult (i've managed it a few times, so it isn't impossible) to land a plane that from what i've heard was a quite doscile and forgiving plane in the landing pattern. so what's the problem, is it just me? if so would somebody please tell me, or send me a track with the proper landing technique? if it isn't, i've got a track of my landing a hellcat, in the above mentioned manner, and a corsair for comparison, which was known for it's high landing speed and nasty stall characteristics that anyone who wishes to can look at to see my problem (which i actually have no problems landing without fatal bouncing). i am using 3.01m version, F6F-3 late, vs. F4U-1D. i can email you the tracks if you're interested in seeing them.

thanks for the help and or feedback,
Max

maxlitwin
12-06-2004, 08:16 PM
nevermind, it appears that my problem is solved after updating to 3.02bm, hopefully nothing else is altered.