PDA

View Full Version : Trade - money for mosquito

Destroyer110
12-31-2005, 09:16 PM
Russians may not be familar with how things are done in Western economies, but usually we trade money for goods. In this case, We want patches with flyable mozzies and Pe-2s etc, you want money. We are ready to trade money for the above patch.

Important point - trade must take place before person with money dies of old age.

Also, replays on Singapore map don't seem to work. planes are in different positions on reply.

Destroyer110
12-31-2005, 09:16 PM
Russians may not be familar with how things are done in Western economies, but usually we trade money for goods. In this case, We want patches with flyable mozzies and Pe-2s etc, you want money. We are ready to trade money for the above patch.

Important point - trade must take place before person with money dies of old age.

Also, replays on Singapore map don't seem to work. planes are in different positions on reply.

Jutocsa
01-01-2006, 05:32 AM
If this kind and polite post will not hasten Olegs crew, then I cant imagine what would.... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Chuck_Older
01-01-2006, 06:43 AM
Destroyer...does not hold an opinion enjoyed by others concerning this matter. Although I'm sure to him it is an amusing way to make a point, it is actually quite insulting if you actually consider what he's posted, and I do hope this thread is deleted. It's embarrassing to think that somebody might read his post and think 'westerners' feel that throwing money at problems make them go away http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Jutocsa
01-01-2006, 06:50 AM
Actually the pure usage of words westerners and easterners (latter usually with a nice amount of scorn) is insulting enough.

Chuck_Older
01-01-2006, 07:28 AM
Well yes, I suppose you're right Jutocsa. It also implies all Westerners have money and all Easterners do not, or that the entire society of each revolves around either having, or not having, money

ElAurens
01-01-2006, 09:22 AM
FREE THE PATCHES!!!!!

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

VW-IceFire
01-01-2006, 09:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Destroyer110:

Also, replays on Singapore map don't seem to work. planes are in different positions on reply. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Its actually the folks at UBI that make these decisions and they are well rooted in the goods for money concept. But they want alot of money for the goods...or rather they want to sell lots of goods.

carguy_
01-01-2006, 10:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jutocsa:
Actually the pure usage of words westerners and easterners (latter usually with a nice amount of scorn) is insulting enough. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes it is,though in reality westerners treat easterners like beggars.

p1ngu666
01-01-2006, 11:01 AM
its funny ive been watching a series called russian godfathers, and it seems there ALOT of russians (and presumably other eastern countrys populace) who are *very* capatilist.

think so good old stalinish encouragement might chivvy oleg along, or/and a rocket up the backside http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

jamesdietz
01-01-2006, 12:26 PM
The Flyable Ju-88 thats it- say no more...

Chuck_Older
01-01-2006, 02:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ElAurens:
FREE THE PATCHES!!!!!

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Patches? You doan need no stinking patches!

CornbreadPattie
01-01-2006, 03:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Destroyer110:

Also, replays on Singapore map don't seem to work. planes are in different positions on reply. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why did you post this? What's the point? Did you mean to insult the developers and the players? They give most of the add ons for free and the developers do it out of love for the game and the players.

I'm not worried since I have seen these developers take flak from everyone and still think so much of what they are doing to do it right!

Thanks team!

VonShlagnoff
01-01-2006, 04:09 PM

C@CK KNOCKER!!!!!!

When it's ready we will get it, if you dont like it go get an x box and play somthing on that instead.

Destroyer110
01-01-2006, 05:22 PM
I run a business in the WEST and if I was to treat my customers like this, I would be out of business! ... but then again I don't own a monopoly.

If Patches / Add-ons are financially worth while then add resources to complete them quickly, if not, then DROP THEM and concentrate on BOB. Having customers wait around forever isn't good business practice.

VW-IceFire
01-01-2006, 05:55 PM
I run a business in the WEST and if I was to treat my customers like this, I would be out of business! ... but then again I don't own a monopoly.

If Patches / Add-ons are financially worth while then add resources to complete them quickly, if not, then DROP THEM and concentrate on BOB. Having customers wait around forever isn't good business practice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Where exactly are you coming from on this? Are you talking about the free addon? If so...its free...we're not really customers, we've already bought the product and we've paid them the money for whats on hand. The extra stuff is extra stuff.

BoB is being concentrated on and that has been expressed multiple times. PF development is at a bare minimum...but support does continue in a small way and that will seemingly add us a few more planes and maps.

I think you're trying the old addage of taking an apple and comparing it to an orange.

Plus I think there is more to business then simply the money/customer paradigm that is so often espoused. Maintaining good relations with a possible customer base is likely to have long term financial benefits while perhaps providing a slight loss upfront. I think that most people respect the decisions taken...many of us are excited about the new stuff thats eventually coming...even if it takes some time to do.

We also have to thank all of the third party modelers who spent alot of time getting these aircraft ready.

Jutocsa
01-01-2006, 06:30 PM
Maybe thats one difference between west and east...you paid some bucks, and now you think you can expect to get everything immidiately,right on time,flawless, etc etc.

Chuck_Older
01-01-2006, 07:08 PM
I run a business in the WEST </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you did run a business, you'd know that not all business was alike, and you'd stop and consider how your business and the software business might be different, especially since 1C:maddox works through a publisher. You'd also know you can't put a timetable on innovation, and you would further know that some time estimates end up being wrong

I don't know if you read books at all, but Stephen King had finished with a large number of books in the mid 90s and his publisher wouldn't release them for fear of flooding the market. While there is little chance of flooding the market with Sim titles, you can hardly point at Stephen King and say "Well that guy's a failure! He had his customers waiting a couple years for that book!" Yes, I waited for four years for a book I knew was already written to be released by his publisher. Did I or King's other fans teach him a lesson? Boy howdy we did, we bought that book right the F*** up because we wanted it. Crying "We aren't buying any more Stephen King books because he has kept us waiting!" not only wouldn't change how quickly the book was released, it would make us sound dumb

Just like an author working with a book publisher, 1C:maddox has a deadline, I'm sure, for new titles

When that deadline has been reached, then I suppose you might sway me to your arguments of customers waiting around, but before that time, I really can't agree because I find the argument silly. We aren't talking about a fast-food restaurant or a car dealership here

I want BoB to be released, too. Now is the time to consider what makes an adult an adult. Show a little patience, we are all in the same boat. You haven't been waiting "forever", that's just silly to say. Work on BoB was announced, and everyone and their brother started panting "Is it done yet?!" Come on now, get serious. It's the same old story- if it isn't released soon, folks complain it took too long. If it gets released now folks complain it doesn't work right. There's no satisfying people like that. You know as well as I do that this BoB project will take some time, deal with it

snafu73
01-01-2006, 08:34 PM
Jesus wept... nobody's died have they?

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Why is it every time somebody posts something like this, they have to be pounced on by the self righteous, is it really worth writing a thousand word de-bunking? Why bump their thread by replying? - just let it die.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

OldMan____
01-02-2006, 04:00 AM
If you run a business in West and was not capable of achieving a monopoly by defeating a huge company that already had products in same segment, like oleg did.. This shows that you are clearly less qualified to run a business than Oleg, since he did managed to make a monopoly.

So maybe You should learn from him...

Destroyer110
01-02-2006, 04:12 AM
What I'm saying is that Add-ons should NOT be free if it takes too long to develop them.

Dedicated simers will pay for add-ons etc, if there worthwhile, so resource them.

OldMan____
01-02-2006, 05:43 AM
No, they should be paid if it takes too much effort to make them. If there is a very minimal force woring on it, it does not matter if it takes 10 years to do it. Specially since software development may have a high reuse rate. So a lot of work done in an add-on might be usefull later to BOB. While it keep his costumers happy enough to wait for it.

It depends also on several things, like the distribution channels. US (or europe or any othwer) is NOT the only maket in world. If it is sold, but Oleg can only find publishing interested in selling in US, he would destroy his own monopoly. Why? Because he would fragment the comunity in 2 parts, one with the add on, the other without it. This would impact heavilly in BOB sales.

beleive me, game publishing is a complicated issue (word from someone that works as game developer)

Chuck_Older
01-02-2006, 07:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snafu73:
Jesus wept... nobody's died have they?

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Why is it every time somebody posts something like this, they have to be pounced on by the self righteous, is it really worth writing a thousand word de-bunking? Why bump their thread by replying? - just let it die.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A thousand words? Well that's just tough huh? Did you break a nail reading it or something? I didn't read anything self-righteous here until I read your post!

Five whole paragraphs, one of them a single sentence! How long did it take you to read? 90 seconds or so? Wow, how did you ever find the time? I hope that this reply isn't so long that your ADD kicks in

We replied as we did because this is a bunch of BULL, and we don't need to ask your permission about it

DIRTY-MAC
01-02-2006, 08:11 AM
WOW!

Your simply the best (http://www.compfused.com/directlink/809/)

The_Gog
01-02-2006, 11:54 PM
Strange, but all this talk of the terms 'westerners' and 'easterners' being insulting didn't raise it's head when the 'westerners' were throwing money at Oleg to help him buy a new car!!

The developers have never made a secret of the fact that money has been tight in the past so I think it is a fair conclusion to make that they are still in need of it.

Some of you, and I am pointing my bony finger at you Older, troll these forums deliberatly looking for arguments. The original posters comments were fair and do not deserve you and the others turning this topic into a PC free for all.
The fact that you decided to add to the topic rather than PM him prove that you are grandstanding, so leave it be. If the mods here think the post is rude or whatever, then it will go but until then move along, there's nothing to see here! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

actionhank1786
01-03-2006, 01:52 AM
Chuck doesn't troll for arguments, but he is always available to point out when something is rediculous.
This post is completely rediculous, and most people, especially the ones of us who have been around since the game first came out are sick of the "give me give me" attitude that so many people come and post with.

Oleg has always lived up to what he said he was going to do. He's released patch after patch on a game that he could have left as it was on it's stock release.
But Oleg continued supporting this product, and supported a product that he didn't even make himself (that being Pacific Fighters) he's done all of this in spite of the fact that he is working full time on Battle of Britain.
So people need to learn some patience, and find something else to gaze into besides the gift horses mouth.
The patch and add on will come when they do, just because you whine more doesn't expedite the process.

Kuna15
01-03-2006, 02:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by actionhank1786:
Chuck doesn't troll for arguments, but he is always available to point out when something is rediculous.
This post is completely rediculous, and most people, especially the ones of us who have been around since the game first came out are sick of the "give me give me" attitude that so many people come and post with.

Oleg has always lived up to what he said he was going to do. He's released patch after patch on a game that he could have left as it was on it's stock release.
But Oleg continued supporting this product, and supported a product that he didn't even make himself (that being Pacific Fighters) he's done all of this in spite of the fact that he is working full time on Battle of Britain.
So people need to learn some patience, and find something else to gaze into besides the gift horses mouth.
The patch and add on will come when they do, just because you whine more doesn't expedite the process. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

100% agree.

The_Gog
01-03-2006, 02:12 AM
But this person is NOT asking Oleg to 'give him' anything!!!!!!!!

He is asking to BUY something!!!

It is a totally different situation when someone asks you for something as a freebie as opposed to a potential customer asking to BUY something from you with money!

The person in question is the exact opposite of most whiners here, he has stated that he is prepared to part with money for an item. This whole thing started because a few or certain individuals had a problem with this person DARING to be a customer and ask for a product in exchange for some hard earned money....and you are all over him because of it!
He is just doing what we all do every day of our lives, be consumers and for some reason the knockers have been all over him. Go back and read his post again and lighten up!! FFS!

CornbreadPattie
01-03-2006, 03:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The_Gog:
But this person is NOT asking Oleg to 'give him' anything!!!!!!!!

He is asking to BUY something!!!

It is a totally different situation when someone asks you for something as a freebie as opposed to a potential customer asking to BUY something from you with money!
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The only problem with that is so far it's not for sale. It has been known for ages that the Mosquito will come free. This sim has never had a reputation for selling individual planes. Maybe in the East they are about to do it, but even if Maddox Games was prepared to sell you the Mosquito, Ubisoft is not publishing it. That is one of the reasons why we get it for free.

There is a game where you can pay whomever for whatever plane you want. It also gets no support what-so-ever from it's developers, who only support the game up intil it's release.

CFS3 has been out for a long time now.
WWW.Alphasim.co.uk has lots of payware planes for it.

You might as well use your 'hard-earned money' to support your own economy.

csThor
01-03-2006, 04:46 AM
What the original poster ignores is:

a) The development priority is BoB. All development for FB/PF is running when there is time for it (which seems to happen rarely).

b) Pay-AddOns must go through Ubisoft and they have expressed their hesitation or even refusal to put anymore money into bringing additional titles for the Il-2 line to the shelves. We still don't know for sure if we (outside of the former USSR) will ever get the russian AddOns.

Offering money will not change anything. Oleg might be willing, but he has contractual obligations to Ubisoft about producing BoB. That one has the top priority.

The_Gog
01-03-2006, 05:07 AM
Let me dumb this down for you, the original posters comment was obviously TIC, he was merely stating that he would be happy to pay for something if it meant he might get it quicker, a perfectly acceptable comment.

He knows that the add-ons will come when they do, he knows he can't buy a Mosquito but he is just letting you know that he is eagerly waiting and prepared to pay to see it come to fruition, for his simple comment he has been harangued by all and sundry.

Also Cornbredpattie, don't assume that you are getting the Mosquito, that is golden rule No1 when it comes to the aircraft in this title, assume nothing!

p1ngu666
01-03-2006, 06:40 AM
itll arrive two weeks after it was ment too, like everything else here.

actionhank1786
01-03-2006, 03:57 PM
But if anything making it a paid product would just add to the time. I know that the original poster was voicing support, but it's ignoring so many little details.
To make it a paid product would just mean it has to be set up through Ubi-Soft, they'd have to get their share, and there would be so much more to do that it would take even longer to get it out. Add to that, making it a paid add on would require putting a ton of things in it to get your average fan to be willing to shell out the money to purchase it.
While some of us (myslef included) would mess our pants to get the mossie, your average person who plays the game because it had an american plane on the cover and flys the US because "we won so our stuff must be the best" would need a little more motivation to make the purchase.

Choctaw111
01-03-2006, 08:30 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Destroyer110:

QUOTE]

If you do not treat the people right in your business you will lose business. That much is true. But you must consider the fact the people that give you business can always go somewhere else to get the same product. NOT SO IN THIS CASE!! I have seen some poeple upset in this forum and say that they are going back to CFS3! If that is the way that they feel then good for them. At least I am not flying that piece of **** sim anymore!!! THE REASON THAT OLEG HAS SUCH LOYALTY HERE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MONEY!!!! HE LOVES HIS WORK AND IT SHOWS AS THIS IS THE BEST SIM OUT THERE! THAT IS WHY THERE IS SUCH A BIG FOLLOWING HERE. NO WHERE ELSE CAN YOU GO AND SEE A DEVLOPER WITH SUCH DEDICATION TO ONE OF THEIR PRODUCTS. I BELEIVE THAT THIS IS A COMPUTER GAME FIRST! NEVER BEFORE HAS THIS EVER HAPPENED WITH A GAME. THIS IS JUST INCREDIBLE!! How many people come in here to ask a question or state their oppinions and actually get an answer back from Oleg? Many people have and that is AWESOME!!!! I really do not care how long it takes Oleg to get the next patch out. I know that when it is finally done it will be done right. That is infinitely more than I can say for M$. I am here to stay and I am sure that I speak for most if not all of us!!!! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK OLEG AND TEAM!!!!!!!

zombiewolf92553
01-03-2006, 08:58 PM
You guys wake up and smell the coffee MONEY makes the world go 'round.

"a buck a pound a dollar or a yen
money makes the world go 'round, the world go "round, the world go 'round"
Caberet

p1ngu666
01-03-2006, 09:40 PM
actully its belief that makes the world go round. belief that whatever currancy is "real" and actully has value. money has the capacity to stop the world spinning, and its actully strangling us now, but very few relise http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

Choctaw111
01-04-2006, 06:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zombiewolf92553:
You guys wake up and smell the coffee MONEY makes the world go 'round.

"a buck a pound a dollar or a yen
money makes the world go 'round, the world go "round, the world go 'round"
Caberet </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

M$ has more money than anyone and the world is definately turning for them but does that mean they have the best combat flight sim? They released the most unfished, unrefined and buggie flight sim that I have ever seen. Now look at Oleg. He is a very small operation compared to M$ and look at the product he has released!!!! WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!! I am sure that Oleg and his team would like to make more money. We all would. But money is not always the answer. When you love what you do for a living it directly reflects on the product that you make. That is the bottom line. The reason that CFS3 was so bad is because you had M$ telling their progammers to make this game whether the programmers really wanted to or not. Apparently there were not too many programmers there that really loved what they were working on as we can see in the final product. They just did not have a passion for it and so they really did not care about the sim and how it looked and played that much. Oleg loves what he does and it shows. Do you think that if Oleg made more money that Il2 would be better or we would get patches sooner. That is doubtful. Oleg has his hands full with several different projects right now and I know that he is going as quickly as he can. He knows that he has a lot of fans out here and no one on this earth can keep everyone happy all of the time. Eventually some people will get disgruntled but keep in mind that WE HAVE IT VERY GOOD HERE!!!! Just take a look around. We have it very good here indeed...

waffen-79
01-04-2006, 11:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by csThor:
What the original poster ignores is:

a) The development priority is BoB. All development for FB/PF is running when there is time for it (which seems to happen rarely).

b) Pay-AddOns must go through Ubisoft and they have expressed their hesitation or even refusal to put anymore money into bringing additional titles for the Il-2 line to the shelves. We still don't know for sure if we (outside of the former USSR) will ever get the russian AddOns.

Offering money will not change anything. Oleg might be willing, but he has contractual obligations to Ubisoft about producing BoB. That one has the top priority. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree 100%

BUT

Destroyer110 has a point here.

Remember how many of us were willing to pay for and ADDON? (yes not a patch but an addon with "new" content)

I know it hasn't come to this:

"Oleg - "Back off, get off my neck stop rushing me, you guys know this patches + addons are for free? so quit the whinning k? it will be done when it's done!"

And I also know BOB is priority (looking forward to that sim, in fact I'm saving for a neu rig just for that)

I definatly think the incentive of money would accelerate things a bit.

PS release the effing JU-88A-5
j/k

MB-BOB
01-05-2006, 05:44 AM
Well, I don't see why everyone has their knickers in a knot over this. I think we all would like to see the Mossie in game. After all, the "TEASER" (apparently the flyable model and some skins) has been known and publicized nearly a year ago, now. Note the dates in this thread..

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/45410763/m...641072382#6641072382 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/45410763/m/6641072382/r/6641072382#6641072382)

And therein lies the rub...

I realize it makes sense to focus on the next project (BoB), but it also is a bit unfair to tease the community with development work for add-ons (check that, let's say "advanced" development work) that subsequently takes so long, one legitimately wonders if it will ever appear.

Flame away all you want... I work as a free-lance car painter on racing sim add-ons, and I am well familiar with the long delays associated in getting it right. However, we have learned that threads like this only result when publishing screenshots of works in progress set expectations (realistic or otherwise) by consumers.

So, while all the Oleg apologists prefer to flame "impatient" and "ungrateful" consumers, I think it begs to be said in counterpoint... After a year or more of patient waiting for pre-announced goods, blame can (and should) be equally shared on this topic, IMO.

jimDG
01-05-2006, 06:15 AM

All you need to figure out now is how to gather the money and get it going to the right place (as opposed to the biggest part of it going to distributers/licenses).
BTW patches are for free. So is e-mule.
So, I recomend using your enterpreneurship skills to hire some 3D modelers to make a few a/c, figure out a way to sell a patch/make us pay for it, and send the finished result to Oleg.
(if you cant wait for the new game (Oleg's BoB)
Addons (like, say AOP) can only be sold when there is enough content in them to justify a $30 price tag. Who's gonna pay $30 for 2 airplanes? And I dont think anyone would distribute a 2 a/c add-on for $10 - distributers also want to make money.
Or you could go the "Steam"/Half-life 2 way, and cut the distributers off the loop. Except that few 16 year olds have credit cards, and few 26 year olds want to use them to buy software on the internet.

Actually, third-party models will be possible to do in a streamlined fashion with BoB. So - you are being taken care of.

wayno7777
01-05-2006, 08:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by p1ngu666:
actully its belief that makes the world go round. belief that whatever currancy is "real" and actully has value. money has the capacity to stop the world spinning, and its actully strangling us now, but very few relise http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, actually, inertia http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif....

Saunders1953
01-05-2006, 10:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">so resource them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm getting old. "Resource" was a only a noun when I was a kid.