PDA

View Full Version : Gamestop Midnight release.

BlackRose1809
11-13-2011, 12:45 AM
So I just got a text from Gamestop telling me that on monday I can get the game around 10pm. I'm like woot! I do the pick up at the store. So I guess I'm gonna have to call to see if they are doing the midnight release at the store.

Have you guys gotten any news about your copy as well? Also, I heard that Playstation 3 copies get a free Assassin's Creed 1 copy. Do I get it if I pre-ordered before that announcement was made?

BlackRose1809
11-13-2011, 12:45 AM
So I just got a text from Gamestop telling me that on monday I can get the game around 10pm. I'm like woot! I do the pick up at the store. So I guess I'm gonna have to call to see if they are doing the midnight release at the store.

Have you guys gotten any news about your copy as well? Also, I heard that Playstation 3 copies get a free Assassin's Creed 1 copy. Do I get it if I pre-ordered before that announcement was made?

roostersrule2
11-13-2011, 12:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BlackRose1809:

Have you guys gotten any news about your copy as well? Also, I heard that Playstation 3 copies get a free Assassin's Creed 1 copy. Do I get it if I pre-ordered before that announcement was made? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yea PS3's get AC1 if you pre-ordered, damn ubisoft and their PS3 fanboyism/girlism http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

BlackRose1809
11-13-2011, 12:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by roostersrule2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BlackRose1809:

Have you guys gotten any news about your copy as well? Also, I heard that Playstation 3 copies get a free Assassin's Creed 1 copy. Do I get it if I pre-ordered before that announcement was made? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yea PS3's get AC1 if you pre-ordered, damn ubisoft and their PS3 fanboyism/girlism http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol, well that's good to hear.

Chronomancy
11-13-2011, 01:00 AM
Unfortunately my local EB Games (Gamestop) are not doing a midnight launch this year. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Collinwood01
11-13-2011, 01:07 AM
My Gamestop phoned me and said that I could pay for the game at 10pm Monday but I couldnt take it home until 12am Tuesday.

BlackRose1809
11-13-2011, 01:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Collinwood01:
My Gamestop phoned me and said that I could pay for the game at 10pm Monday but I couldnt take it home until 12am Tuesday. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have any of you guys been at any midnight releases? Like how long you think the line will be for the game?

ResidentTroll
11-13-2011, 01:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Collinwood01:
My Gamestop phoned me and said that I could pay for the game at 10pm Monday but I couldnt take it home until 12am Tuesday. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have any of you guys been at any midnight releases? Like how long you think the line will be for the game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I was at one for ACB last year - The line wasn't massive, it remained in the shop at least. Took about 5 mins of waiting before I got to pay.

Rogue Agent 035
11-13-2011, 01:28 AM

Have any of you guys been at any midnight releases? Like how long you think the line will be for the game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I recieved a text regardin the same thing earlier today an given I hadn't been to a gamestop MR, I called my local GS an spoke with the saleman an he told me bout the same. Though the way I was told that us who pre-ordered have the oppurtunity to "Cut In Line" so to speak hence the 10pm final transaction, an at 12:01am tuesday morning we have first dibbs on the signature copies.

Hope this helps...

JDumas - Rouge Agent 035

BlackRose1809
11-13-2011, 01:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sniper12_350:

I recieved a text regardin the same thing earlier today an given I hadn't been to a gamestop MR, I called my local GS an spoke with the saleman an he told me bout the same. Though the way I was told that us who pre-ordered have the oppurtunity to "Cut In Line" so to speak hence the 10pm final transaction, an at 12:01am tuesday morning we have first dibbs on the signature copies.

Hope this helps...

JDumas - Rouge Agent 035 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds pretty good for me! I think I'll call them and ask.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ResidentTroll:

I was at one for ACB last year - The line wasn't massive, it remained in the shop at least. Took about 5 mins of waiting before I got to pay. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope so. Idc if it's long or short. I don't want to be the only person waiting at 10pm for this game at my gamestop. It's a small store.

Rainie
11-13-2011, 01:59 AM
i wonder if they'll do the same in the canadian gamestops :O

Moultonborough
11-13-2011, 02:54 AM
I got the same text as you. The other day I went and asked if they were doing a midnight release and they said yes. The store near me is also very small and in a small town but I think most are doing it as there is more than one game releasing at midnight.

Artiphex
11-13-2011, 03:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yea PS3's get AC1 if you pre-ordered </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
So that means that I get a copy from AC1? ( I pre-ordered special-edition )

roostersrule2
11-13-2011, 03:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Artiphex:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yea PS3's get AC1 if you pre-ordered </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
So that means that I get a copy from AC1? ( I pre-ordered special-edition ) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAHUXSvQ5FM

cless711
11-13-2011, 04:43 AM
Strange i haven't gotten that text yet. Guess i will get it later today o.o.

And i have heard that the game comes inside the disk of AC:R. Like you can download AC1 from the disk of AC:R. I'm not sure how to explain it too well.

Mr_Shade
11-13-2011, 05:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cless711:

And i have heard that the game comes inside the disk of AC:R. Like you can download AC1 from the disk of AC:R. I'm not sure how to explain it too well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You insert the ACR disc, it will then install AC1.

You do need the ACR disc in the drive to play AC1 though as far as I am aware, since the game is on the same disc as ACR.

Ezio292012
11-13-2011, 06:02 AM
my gamestop is not doing a midnight release http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Jexx21
11-13-2011, 06:21 AM
I don't do midnight releases. Mostly because I get my games digitally, but also because I think they are kind of lame.

ferix79
11-13-2011, 07:15 AM
I wish I could go to the midnight release, but I have no car and would be going alone, so that's too dangerous.
(I also have class in the morning, but that doesn't really matter lol)

SleezeRocker
11-13-2011, 09:56 AM

Let me put it this way: If it isn't an FPS (first person shooter) then you shouldn't be waiting for more than 20min...BUT...HALO anniversary edition releases that same day along with Saints row 3 so...you will have 2 diffrent fans in wait as well so possibly you may wait longer.

But either wya I'll just get it tuesday morning since I don't about you guys, but I actually like my sleep! lol so ill just bike ride to my local gstop tuesday morning, Play ACR for possibly 1/2 the day and order pizza for lunch http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Toki Wartoooth
11-13-2011, 10:35 AM
I better call my GameStop to see if they can predict the line based on their pre-orders. This is a midnight release for Assassins Creed, Halo Anniversary and Saints Row. For all I know, the Halo launch could bring a massive crowd on its own. I went to the Halo: Reach launch last year and the line was at least 150 people long. I can't imagine an Assassins Creed crowd added to that.

E-Zekiel
11-13-2011, 01:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cless711:

And i have heard that the game comes inside the disk of AC:R. Like you can download AC1 from the disk of AC:R. I'm not sure how to explain it too well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You do need the ACR disc in the drive to play AC1 though as far as I am aware, since the game is on the same disc as ACR. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What if you already have AC1 installed? I don't want it to overwrite.

Collinwood01
11-13-2011, 02:40 PM
Last year, I got my copy of brotherhood at midnight at Wal-Mart because I didnt know about any extras or the MP. I just wanted it for the story mode. This time Im goin to Gamestop and I do expect a line. I must find a way to combat the line...A hidden gun or hookblade or something should work!

souNdwAve89
11-13-2011, 02:52 PM
If I didn't have class in the morning and a quiz, then I would definitely get it at midnight. Each time an AC game get released, I get more hyped than the last.

Sparty2020
11-13-2011, 03:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
I don't do midnight releases. Mostly because I get my games digitally, but also because I think they are kind of lame. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>A bunch of happy, sweaty, and geeky adults standing in a small store past midnight all for a game that they could have gotten during the morning? Nothing lame about that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I got the same text. Last midnight release I've been to was ACB and that took me about 10 minutes to get my copy, but I spent the time waiting chatting with some folks nearby and making jokes. It's like going to a concert rather than listening to music on an ipod. Sure, it's longer, the quality is worse, and sometimes you can barely hear anything or you go deaf from music too loud. But the people you meet and the interactions you form make it worth it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

BlackRose1809
11-13-2011, 06:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade:

You do need the ACR disc in the drive to play AC1 though as far as I am aware, since the game is on the same disc as ACR. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seriously? Aw man. I was thinking of giving the AC game to a friend as a xmas gift since I stupidly got AC on the PSN at least 2 weeks before the announcement of getting the game with AC.

BlackRose1809
11-13-2011, 06:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sparty2020:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
I don't do midnight releases. Mostly because I get my games digitally, but also because I think they are kind of lame. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>A bunch of happy, sweaty, and geeky adults standing in a small store past midnight all for a game that they could have gotten during the morning? Nothing lame about that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I got the same text. Last midnight release I've been to was ACB and that took me about 10 minutes to get my copy, but I spent the time waiting chatting with some folks nearby and making jokes. It's like going to a concert rather than listening to music on an ipod. Sure, it's longer, the quality is worse, and sometimes you can barely hear anything or you go deaf from music too loud. But the people you meet and the interactions you form make it worth it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like fun, but it depends on what Gamestop you are going to right? because where I'm picking it up from it's a small store. Idk if there'll be anyone there. and also if they are even going to do a midnight release. Do you think I should call or is there anywhere I can go to see if they will?

Sparty2020
11-13-2011, 06:55 PM
Yea, it depends on the location. Usually at my GS I hang out with old High School friends and my new college friends. It's like a mini-reunion of sorts http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif I remember last year we all played a multiplayer version of ACB and had good fun killing each other. Even the usually cool and friendly dudes at my local GS (some of whom I even went to high school with) got annoyed by the time it turnt to 3am and we were still having a mini-Lan party http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

BlackRose1809
11-13-2011, 07:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sparty2020:
Yea, it depends on the location. Usually at my GS I hang out with old High School friends and my new college friends. It's like a mini-reunion of sorts http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif I remember last year we all played a multiplayer version of ACB and had good fun killing each other. Even the usually cool and friendly dudes at my local GS (some of whom I even went to high school with) got annoyed by the time it turnt to 3am and we were still having a mini-Lan party http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wish i could go to yours! xD I guess if I can't I'll get it on tuesday night (I take night classes at college) So that way after a long math exam, I can kick back and play ACR to my heart's content... :3 As a reward. :3

Grandmaster_Z
11-14-2011, 08:33 AM
i got a text also saying it will be avialable midnight. but ill be going after work on tuesday. This is the first AC where im not SUPER DUPER hyped about playing right away...dunno, hope im not getting bored of it...

indulgence82
11-14-2011, 11:25 AM
IDK if every Gamestop does this but what mine does is cashes everyone that they can out before midnight and gives you a marked receipt in this case there is 4 different games in addition to which version (xbox or ps3). So they suggest people at least come early to get their stamp that way you don't have to wait long in line and can get relatively quickly. The store opens at 10pm to start the receipt stamping process. So that could be what your Gamestop was referring to Rose because if it's found out that your particular Gamestop gives out the game beforehand they'd be breaching Gamestop's contract with Ubi and while that might not be major dispute between the 2 companies the store could very easily lose its franchise rights as a Gamestop. He also told me if they didn't stamp and do it like this it would take until 5am to get everyone out of the store.... So I would figure to expect a few hundred. Between all the games being released. The thought of all that waiting is making my muscles twitch maybe I should bring a life-sized manikin dress him up like the Vizir and stab it whenever I get the urge. And Sniper if you Pre-ordered at least before tonight you are entitled to a signature edition. There shouldn't be a "first dibs" unless they ordered a lot of extra signature edition copies because everyone who has pre-ordered should have 1 already reserved for them.

I'm interested to see who the crowd is on ACR and if I can find any that play on ps3. Knowing my luck I'll tell them my screen name and I'll get sworn at or worse for my transgressions on ACB http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

souNdwAve89
11-14-2011, 11:42 AM
For anyone that frequently shops at GameStop in the U.S., how does the trade in work? I know that GameStop doesn't give a lot of money back, but I have about 3 games that I want to get rid of. I want to put it towards my purchase ACR. I know that I can sell the games on craigslists, eBay, etc but these games are quite old and I doubt anyone wants it above $10. Do I need to be a member of GameStop or can I just go in and tell them I want to trade in these games?

indulgence82
11-14-2011, 03:18 PM
Sound the games sound like they may not help at all but basically you don't have to be a Gamestop member to trade in but you get more per trade in as a member. I think you may receive 10% to 15% of the sales price per game. I don't trade in personally but I remember the amount they give is very low.

cless711
11-14-2011, 03:24 PM
It depends on the game and what console its on. I sold Borderlands for about.. $16 at gamestop. I'm not too sure if that's too accurate.

CriticaHit
11-14-2011, 03:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by souNdwAve89:
For anyone that frequently shops at GameStop in the U.S., how does the trade in work? I know that GameStop doesn't give a lot of money back, but I have about 3 games that I want to get rid of. I want to put it towards my purchase ACR. I know that I can sell the games on craigslists, eBay, etc but these games are quite old and I doubt anyone wants it above $10. Do I need to be a member of GameStop or can I just go in and tell them I want to trade in these games? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, just to chime in on this since I currently work at a Gamestop. You do not need to be a Powerup member to trade in your games but you do get extra points if you are a Powerup Member. Also with that said, I know at the Gamestop I'm at right now, if you trade any games in towards AC:R you get an extra 30% trade in value. You do not need to be a member to get this trade in deal. You may want to make sure that your Gamestop is doing this deal or not.

BlackRose1809
11-15-2011, 08:16 AM
I didn't get to go at the end. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I called earlier that day and they said that the chances for them to run out of games is pretty low. That I should have my copy today (the 15th.) So I was happy, because that means that after my classes at 7pm central time, I'll be playing ACR. :3 yayness!

Venge1975
10-21-2012, 01:23 AM
All I know where I am they are doing a Midnight Release, so this will be interesting. I may get to see some Cosplay.