PDA

View Full Version : What's the point? accumulating florins ....

aquila402011
01-25-2011, 10:22 PM
I'm just at 100k or so but, it seems that there aren't enough items on which to spend money in AC2. I've got the metal armor but the next sets will be easy to buy given the villa income. There's only room for 4 more paintings. Have I missed some opportunity to spend money, short of throwing it away or letting the thief take it and run?

aquila402011
01-25-2011, 10:22 PM
I'm just at 100k or so but, it seems that there aren't enough items on which to spend money in AC2. I've got the metal armor but the next sets will be easy to buy given the villa income. There's only room for 4 more paintings. Have I missed some opportunity to spend money, short of throwing it away or letting the thief take it and run?

ThaWhistle
01-25-2011, 10:24 PM
playing through fast, I ended the game with about 250k florins with nothing to buy. The first time, when I palyed through and did everything, I had like a million.

KCizzll
01-26-2011, 12:35 AM
Yeah, what they really needed was recurring money sinks to balance the hefty pay. Like 10k florins per pay period to increase friendly NPCs drastically in an area.

And renovating the fancier buildings should have made them look better.

HiddenBlaDe00
01-26-2011, 02:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cronstintein:
Yeah, what they really needed was recurring money sinks to balance the hefty pay. Like 10k florins per pay period to increase friendly NPCs drastically in an area.

And renovating the fancier buildings should have made them look better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The renovations was added to Brotherhood. As far as having certain factions in certain areas, I think you make a good point. In Brotherhood, Ezio rebuilt every faction's stronghold, and still had to pay for their services, though. I'm not sure what an extra tax on factions would do to level out the economy...

A few problmes would be:

-We'd have to assume that placing factions in certain areas would be an option for players, and that everyone would choose to do it.
-We'd have to assume that this taxation would be mandatory and automatically taken out of the bank or players' income.
-If the tax would be taken out of revenue automatically, would we still have control over the amount of factions working for us and their various locations around the map?

In short, a tax system could work economy wise if players were allowed to hire and remove certain factions from their payrolls, and purchase and modify buildings while still having the option of selling them or removing them from the roster somehow.

I don't know, though, because although the faction system might be reasonable, the farther you go into renovations/modifications/real estate, the farther you move towards a SimCity style game where running is business is more important that running off and assassinating people...

I don't know, I guess maybe a feasable economy is hard to implement in certain games...

Abeonis
01-26-2011, 06:51 PM
I honestly don't see why people keep complaining about surplus funds in-game. Unless you purposefully save up, you only really begin to see your purse buldging after you've finished the main storyline; even then, it's no exactly affecting how you play the game, is it? You can't say "ooh, I have 500,000f now, it's a shame because I'm not allowed to ride this horse over the Ponte Sant'Angelo if I have anymore than 200,000f... damn!"

Honestly, people should stop complaining about this, it's not an issue, and it's not going to go away (or be supposedly-fixed).

arkadye
01-26-2011, 06:56 PM
The money is kinda pointless, though.

You buy more stuff, you get more money, soon you've got much money ammo is no object (and therefore can be spammed, instead of making us choose between using a rare crossbow bolt, or getting up close and personal - difficult strategy decisions = fun).

I think making us think about money a bit more would be good. Make us have to pay our assassins a wage - higher wages for higher levels.

Now we have a money sink late game (12 top level assassins are presumably expensive) which can hopefully keep up with our income.

Alpha Ender
01-28-2011, 02:54 AM
Bwahaha. I ended up with 440,000 florins, just walking around with that...considering that florins weigh 3.5 grams of gold, and that makes...1540000 grams, or 1540 kg. Roughly changed, that's...3395 lbs. Almost two tons, you're just chilling with it, jumping around Roma with the weight of a truck attached to your hip, no biggie. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Seriously though, I bought everything, and I just stopped going to the bank after a while. I mean, I wish there was a way I could dump that money into something else, but I can't, so I just ignore it. Then again, I wonder how high it can go?...