PDA

View Full Version : British Bombers and Schrag Musik

Adam906
03-07-2006, 07:44 PM
Does anyone know if the Lancaster is to be released for IL2? I mean we have a large choices of American bombers to go up against but aside from the Mossie and American B-25 there isn't anything to have a crack at during the night. We have the maps to make some killer Nachtjagd campaigns but nothing to go up against.

To add to this, any chance of revamping the Bf 110 to include Schrag Musik?

Finally is there ever goin to be a chance of getting the early Spitfires and a map of South East England/Channel - or is that too much of a cross over to BoB?

Still - would LOVE to see the Lanc and a 110 with schrag musik/Ju 88 nighfighter to try my hand at.

Adam906
03-07-2006, 07:44 PM
Does anyone know if the Lancaster is to be released for IL2? I mean we have a large choices of American bombers to go up against but aside from the Mossie and American B-25 there isn't anything to have a crack at during the night. We have the maps to make some killer Nachtjagd campaigns but nothing to go up against.

To add to this, any chance of revamping the Bf 110 to include Schrag Musik?

Finally is there ever goin to be a chance of getting the early Spitfires and a map of South East England/Channel - or is that too much of a cross over to BoB?

Still - would LOVE to see the Lanc and a 110 with schrag musik/Ju 88 nighfighter to try my hand at.

ImpStarDuece
03-07-2006, 09:52 PM
No Lancaster I'm afraid. It would be a huge job for a 3rd party modeler: your looking at around 6-12 months for the external model, the cockpit/gunner/bombadier positions, of which there would be 5-6, texturing, animations, LoD models ect, and then it has to be implemented into the engine by 1C:Maddox.

The cut off date for 3rd party submissions was April last year. As no-one had submitted a Lancaster model before this, unfortunately there won't be a Lancaster in the game.

Besides, the game isn't set up for night missions. The AI is limited to daylight awarness and there is no chance of radar being modeled in the engine.

Creating a night fighter schrage musik Bf 110 would essentially need a new cockpit and large changes to the external model. You'd need to model the flame dampers fitted to the exhaust system, the external antenna for the FuG 220 radar and the modify the canopy to model the upward firing 20mm cannon. Internally the Lichenstien radar would need to be modeled, but it would just be dead space, as IL2 can't model radar.

Adam906
03-07-2006, 09:58 PM
So no Lanc or Schrag Musik... bummer

When you said third party submissions ending last year - what does that mean? (Not being up on sim-lingo)

Is 4.04 the last patch to be implemented.

I'm dazed and confused!

ImpStarDuece
03-07-2006, 10:05 PM
All plane models made by 3rd party modelers (i.e. not working for 1C:maddox games), for future inclusion in the sim, had to be in by a particular cut off date in April last year. Any models submitted after that point will have much less of a chance of ever getting in the game.

Maddox Games is working on several pay add-ons for IL2/PF which will include those models already submitted by 3rd party modelers as well as those currently being worked on by in house staff.

There is a Pe-2/3 based add-on coming, a Manchuria 1945 add-on coming and a Russian experimentals 1945-47 add-on coming. Apart from those there are no other plans or efforts that I am aware of to include more planes in the sim.

HotelBushranger
03-08-2006, 02:38 AM
Good posts, finally someone that doesn't complain when they get bad news http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif