PDA

View Full Version : What a joke!look at this.



b-busher
11-09-2007, 03:56 PM
Kotaku game of the year nominees:

Game of the year nominees are:
BioShock
Halo 3
Mass Effect
The Orange Box

Best PS3 Game
Heavenly Sword
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Warhawk

Best Wii Game
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Paper Mario

Best Xbox 360 Game
BioShock
Halo 3
Mass Effect
The Orange Box

Best PC Game
BioShock
Crysis
The Orange Box
World in Conflict

Best Shooter
BioShock
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Halo 3
The Orange Box

Best Action Game
Assassin's Creed
God of War
Super Mario Galaxy
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction

Best RPG
Eternal Sonata
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
Mass Effect
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3

Best Graphics
BioShock
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Crysis
Mass Effect

This is a joke I think, its not nominated for best graphics(which are the best I,ve seen) or the GOTY. I know this is a stupid event but come on it deserves better than this remember they gave A/C 37/40 same as they gave Halo 3.

b-busher
11-09-2007, 03:56 PM
Kotaku game of the year nominees:

Game of the year nominees are:
BioShock
Halo 3
Mass Effect
The Orange Box

Best PS3 Game
Heavenly Sword
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Warhawk

Best Wii Game
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Paper Mario

Best Xbox 360 Game
BioShock
Halo 3
Mass Effect
The Orange Box

Best PC Game
BioShock
Crysis
The Orange Box
World in Conflict

Best Shooter
BioShock
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Halo 3
The Orange Box

Best Action Game
Assassin's Creed
God of War
Super Mario Galaxy
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction

Best RPG
Eternal Sonata
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
Mass Effect
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3

Best Graphics
BioShock
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Crysis
Mass Effect

This is a joke I think, its not nominated for best graphics(which are the best I,ve seen) or the GOTY. I know this is a stupid event but come on it deserves better than this remember they gave A/C 37/40 same as they gave Halo 3.

Alpha_13
11-09-2007, 03:59 PM
Who cares really...? Its not like they hold the universal truth, in order to know which game is actually better.

It all comes down to personal taste. This kind of thing is lame... Always has, always will be.

Blind-Panda
11-09-2007, 04:01 PM
IMO maybe not for best graphic, but AC is defenatly GOTY material (gameplay, innovation and all that stuff most games lack)... anyway it will be funny to see all these people reaction when it comes out and obliterate the competition... hehehe Go AC Go !!!

Nextil
11-09-2007, 04:01 PM
Nah, I think it's about right. Assassin's Creed definately isn't the best graphics game this year, maybe Game of The Year, but it definately deserves the Action one.

lostassassin123
11-09-2007, 04:01 PM
Maybe they`re hiding something http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif
Like:
And the best game on planet Earth is......Assassin`s Creed! LoL

lukenichols
11-09-2007, 04:01 PM
assassins creed has amazinging graphics! what a joke!

beats halo 3 which totally SUCKS
ac = game of year
best ps3 & 360

although i havent played it but from what i see it looks awesome

P_Gryffin101
11-09-2007, 04:03 PM
Yeah, AC has better graphics than Bioshock and Gears of War.

Blind-Panda
11-09-2007, 04:04 PM
if it has to be a shooter, Bioshock deserve it more than Halo 3. Atleast it was more innovative than Halo 3, heck even CoD4 is more innovative than Halo 3.

b-busher
11-09-2007, 04:08 PM
I like Halo its good Bioshock is just plain weird in my opinion but Graphics wise assassins creed destroy,s them.

S.I.N.N.
11-09-2007, 04:11 PM
And they have Orange box as a game of the year nominee, its a good bargine and the games are good but is it realy GOTY material.

StealthyFisher
11-09-2007, 04:11 PM
LOL THIS IS FUNNY... I think they should umm... take off The Orange Box (even though it is a good package with some really good games doesn't mean its the best for the 360) Not a big fan of Mass Effect so...cross that off lol. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune... WOW THIS SURPRISES ME. This game is not worthy what so ever and should be crossed off. The Wii games seem about right even though AC is not for the Wii. AC doesnt have the best graphics but of course is still really good. YOUR RIGHT B-BUSHER THIS IS A JOKE! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

fruni
11-09-2007, 04:34 PM
I think the best games of the year should be:

Halo three (Awesome FPS with the best online play i have seen... and allways was)
Assassins Creed (ofc)
Mass effect (looks like an awesome graphical immersive rpg)
Crysis (simply INSANE!!!)

cooldude6681
11-09-2007, 04:40 PM
I can't comment on the best PS3 games or best Wii games, but everything else seems about right.

Bioshock was amazing, Halo 3 has excellent multiplayer, Mass Effect actually seems pretty awesome for an RPG, The Orange Box...is pretty good; if it came between AC and TOB for GOTY, it'd be kinda hard to choose between them.

Crysis...I've heard mixed reviews about. No doubt its graphics are awesome, but I've heard the story/gameplay aren't that great. I'd be shocked, actually, if Assassin's Creed made it into the nominees for best PC game.

And for graphics? AC doesn't really come close to Bioshock or Crysis. Even the characters in Mass Effect look damn good.

Everything looks about right to me.

knife_X
11-09-2007, 04:41 PM
Bioshock and Halo... now there are games that were overly hyped!

bobbylucifer
11-09-2007, 04:42 PM
bioshock was pretty fun though. still not a patch on AC http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

dd22cowboys
11-09-2007, 05:09 PM
COD4 stomps halo 3 OUT in multiplayer AND singleplayer.

Halo is dull and only has the very basics that FPS's have nowadays.

Bioshock was good and semi-innovative, everyone overhyped it tho because of the team who made it..and i got to admit i expected alot more from its npc's, the game world wasnt as "lively" as i would have thought. Looks as tho AC doesnt have that problem http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Finally, i actually think crysis beats COD4 story-wise, but graphics and gameplay are better in COD IMO. And AC will for sure bag the action genre award, but i think mass effect should be removed and replaced by AC in best x360 game and one of the PS3 games should be replaced as well (all the PS3 games shown are sucky IMO)

b-busher
11-09-2007, 05:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dd22cowboys:
COD4 stomps halo 3 OUT in multiplayer AND singleplayer.

Halo is dull and only has the very basics that FPS's have nowadays.

Bioshock was good and semi-innovative, everyone overhyped it tho because of the team who made it..and i got to admit i expected alot more from its npc's, the game world wasnt as "lively" as i would have thought. Looks as tho AC doesnt have that problem http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Finally, i actually think crysis beats COD4 story-wise, but graphics and gameplay are better in COD IMO. And AC will for sure bag the action genre award, but i think mass effect should be removed and replaced by AC in best x360 game and one of the PS3 games should be replaced as well (all the PS3 games shown are sucky IMO) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed, except for uncharted the demo,s meant to be brillant(I wouldn,t know cause I,m european http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif)imagine ps3 nominees for next year though, MGS4, Killzone 2 the Getaway(if its out)and UT3(not sure when this is out)

S.I.N.N.
11-09-2007, 05:21 PM
Orange box isnt even a game its a bunch of different games!!

dd22cowboys
11-09-2007, 05:25 PM
Agreed, except for uncharted the demo,s meant to be brillant(I wouldn,t know cause I,m european http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif)imagine ps3 nominees for next year though, MGS4, Killzone 2 the Getaway(if its out)and UT3(not sure when this is out)[/QUOTE]

Ooo i forgot about the getaway, thats ps3 only? i would hate that, but i guess ps3 needs some of the good games to be just for them. killzone is also sweetness.

b-busher
11-09-2007, 05:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dd22cowboys:
Agreed, except for uncharted the demo,s meant to be brillant(I wouldn,t know cause I,m european http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif)imagine ps3 nominees for next year though, MGS4, Killzone 2 the Getaway(if its out)and UT3(not sure when this is out) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ooo i forgot about the getaway, thats ps3 only? i would hate that, but i guess ps3 needs some of the good games to be just for them. killzone is also sweetness.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Getaway is only for ps3 they are meant to be having an unveiling of it soon(it said it on Gamegrep)reports say its look almost like the target thing at E3 05 remember?

Exassassin
11-09-2007, 05:30 PM
The GOTY nominees are kind of ******ed. They should remove Halo 3 and add Assassin's Creed in there. I can't believe Halo 3 is having such an amount of hype, and that it sold millions and millions of copies in the first week alone. There's nothing revolutionary about it, and yet people see it as the second coming of christ.

b-busher
11-09-2007, 05:37 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif it,s not too bad but it doesnt deserve the sales it is getting at the moment.

Subtle14
11-09-2007, 06:05 PM
assassins creed looks great. but crysis owns everything in graphics. no other game compares. the problem is getting a comp that can handle it. if crysis doesn't win best graphics then the whole show is a fraud. also CoD4 is nice i have it and luv it for 360. but i also played the crysis demo and beta and its graphics are way more advanced.

KlNDRED
11-09-2007, 06:15 PM
those are released games. AC isnt released yet.

Opticaly
11-09-2007, 06:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by StealthyFisher:
LOL THIS IS FUNNY... I think they should umm... take off The Orange Box (even though it is a good package with some really good games doesn't mean its the best for the 360) Not a big fan of Mass Effect so...cross that off lol. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune... WOW THIS SURPRISES ME. This game is not worthy what so ever and should be crossed off. The Wii games seem about right even though AC is not for the Wii. AC doesnt have the best graphics but of course is still really good. YOUR RIGHT B-BUSHER THIS IS A JOKE! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What you talking about?
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune looks pretty good

Altairiguy
11-09-2007, 06:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KlNDRED:
those are released games. AC isnt released yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

...Crysis was released?

cooldude6681
11-09-2007, 07:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Altairiguy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KlNDRED:
those are released games. AC isnt released yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

...Crysis was released? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Mass Effect isn't out, either.

Borenson
11-09-2007, 09:03 PM
Dude, Halo is so overrated. There are three things you can do : shoot, slash/hit, and throw grenades. Big ****ing deal.

ImpulsePainter
11-09-2007, 10:02 PM
I own Bioshock, but I thought it was almoast complete rubbish...RS:Vegas, Gears (was good for a long time, now I don't play it though), and Halo 3 are good IMO, although from the Halo Trilogy, I have played a ton of it, so I need a different game. Always loved Hitman: BM and Oblivion. AC is going to be awesome, although I don't want to overhype it....but the question is, could it be overhyped? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

cooldude6681
11-09-2007, 10:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Borenson:
Dude, Halo is so overrated. There are three things you can do : shoot, slash/hit, and throw grenades. Big ****ing deal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif You just described literally every first person shooter. You realize this, yes?

T_Spoon_UK
11-10-2007, 03:43 AM
Seem's right to me.

This is making me laugh...everyones going nuts because Assassins Creed aint on there... Boo-hoo. Get over it, its not like these things actually matter at all.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Exassassin:
The GOTY nominees are kind of ******ed. They should remove Halo 3 and add Assassin's Creed in there. I can't believe Halo 3 is having such an amount of hype, and that it sold millions and millions of copies in the first week alone. There's nothing revolutionary about it, and yet people see it as the second coming of christ. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thats because alot of old fans from the old games, who finished the story countless times and played the multiplayer up until Halo 3's release where excited for the game.. like Myself.
Just because Youthink its rubbish... doesnt mean everyone else does... its called an opinion, i happen to think its really good and Killzone's a peice of ****, but you dont see me *****ing and moaning about it.

Stillzero
11-10-2007, 04:12 AM
Yeah i agree with T-Spoon UK on this one, i liked Halo 3 and as overrated as it was it's still the best game of the year for alot of people, simply because they're a fan and because of the expirience they got out of it.

However Assassins Creed should be added to Game of the Year but i'm not so sure if it should be added to Best Graphics.
It's certainly top notch looking but it doesn't beat Crysis or Mass Effect.

Firecracker22
11-10-2007, 05:17 AM
I'm more shocked at how many games are on the list that haven't been released yet. It'd be something all right if one ended up to be a huge lemon.

b-busher
11-10-2007, 05:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T_Spoon_UK:
Seem's right to me.

This is making me laugh...everyones going nuts because Assassins Creed aint on there... Boo-hoo. Get over it, its not like these things actually matter at all.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Exassassin:
The GOTY nominees are kind of ******ed. They should remove Halo 3 and add Assassin's Creed in there. I can't believe Halo 3 is having such an amount of hype, and that it sold millions and millions of copies in the first week alone. There's nothing revolutionary about it, and yet people see it as the second coming of christ. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thats because alot of old fans from the old games, who finished the story countless times and played the multiplayer up until Halo 3's release where excited for the game.. like Myself.
Just because Youthink its rubbish... doesnt mean everyone else does... its called an opinion, i happen to think its really good and Killzone's a peice of ****, but you dont see me *****ing and moaning about it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ammm....You,re moaning about it right now, but I like both Halo 3 and Killzone 2(but Killzone will be better)

Rade88
11-10-2007, 05:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by b-busher:
Kotaku game of the year nominees:

I know this is a stupid event but come on it deserves better than this remember they gave A/C 37/40 same as they gave Halo 3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you're confusing Kotaku with Famitsu... Kotaku is just a gaming site, no big deal.

b-busher
11-10-2007, 05:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rade88:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by b-busher:
Kotaku game of the year nominees:

I know this is a stupid event but come on it deserves better than this remember they gave A/C 37/40 same as they gave Halo 3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you're confusing Kotaku with Famitsu... Kotaku is just a gaming site, no big deal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I am, still though it deserves better than this.