PDA

View Full Version : Beta Update

Newfieland
09-13-2010, 01:52 PM
@Ubigabe has just tweeted :

Attention Assassins! Beta begins October 4th in all territories! PSN codes will be emailed out that morning! #ACBrotherhood

Oh well guess were waiting for October

Newfieland
09-13-2010, 01:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Attention Assassins! Beta begins October 4th in all territories! PSN codes will be emailed out that morning! #ACBrotherhood
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh well guess were waiting for October

tyman1122
09-13-2010, 01:55 PM
yea and it's stuoid to delay a Beta. It's a BETA.... You don't DELAY BETAS!!!!!!!!!!

BiopulsePS3
09-13-2010, 02:44 PM
its just a beta, there's no need to get all worked up about it. plus oct 4th is enough time before the official release.

wolfviking
09-13-2010, 03:02 PM
I personally am not worked up over the beta delay. My issue is how ubisoft absolutely failed in communicating the date change. Why did we seriously have to wait till the original date announced in a press release to find out it has been changed to the 4th. There is no excuse for that at all. Saying it was reported on 1up a week ago is a BS attempt at dodging the issue. They screwed up and need to step up and admit it.

And cause I feel like it, I will say it again, I do not care about the date change itself. I know it was subject to change, it is the lack of notice.

ninjasownu
09-13-2010, 03:06 PM
Reach delayed the beta!! Blame bungie lol. But most likely that is the reason.

Oatkeeper
09-13-2010, 03:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ninjasownu:
Reach delayed the beta!! Blame bungie lol. But most likely that is the reason. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

im actually willing to believe this is part of the reason, Reach is the power hitter for MP this month and I expect people would rather play the MP on the game they just bought (and likely all their friends bought it) as opposed to play a beta for a game that doesn't come out for 2 months.

Its of course not the full reason because Halo = Xbox and ACB Beta = PS3

Biomedical-Fire
09-13-2010, 03:58 PM
Be happy that you're getting the beta now, since they delayed Ghost Recon: Future Soldier into next year, the beta that we're getting for it is pushed back as well.

piercedthrough
09-13-2010, 04:33 PM
i think its just stupid how the beta is coming out only 6 weeks before the game does. after we're done with the beta itll only be 4 weeks. might as well just wait for the game. on another note i think it was a little deceptive of ubisoft and gamestop to advertise the beta for this date. gamestop states in their warranty that once an online code has been given you cant get a refund for the preorder. the ONLY reason i preordered from gamestop was to beta the game, i honestly dont care about the harlequin, i think the officer is cooler. huhhh...just a let down i guess http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

BK-110
09-13-2010, 05:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Newfieland:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Attention Assassins! Beta begins October 4th in all territories! PSN codes will be emailed out that morning! #ACBrotherhood
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh well guess were waiting for October </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't that great, now you Americans can enjoy the Beta along with the rest of us! :3

D00CH
09-13-2010, 05:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BK-110:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Newfieland:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh well guess were waiting for October </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't that great, now you Americans can enjoy the Beta along with the rest of us! :3 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Haha that's a good way to look at it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

derex319
09-13-2010, 07:17 PM
Lmfao... I'd rather have the beta from october 4th because it's going to be longer than the u.s one. I believe it's going to play all the way until the game is released which is BETTER than 2 weeks.

tyman1122
09-13-2010, 07:40 PM
derex Ubi wudn't do that.

DarkicoN14
09-13-2010, 09:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tyman1122:
yea and it's stuoid to delay a Beta. It's a BETA.... You don't DELAY BETAS!!!!!!!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yea um if you followed Ubigabe he said that sep 13th was not for sure and that all dates were subject to change so sep 13th was a mabye they didnt 100% it

derex319
09-13-2010, 11:16 PM
There's a chance they would because all they said so far is "Beta goes live on October 4th." No extra dates are given except for when codes will be emailed. "|Codes will be email on that morning|" Online people will get codes on 9/20/10, and must register by 9/27/10. So yeah.

Akasha_Ishtar
09-14-2010, 12:17 AM
Man so many people moaning about the beta now been in October, last I remember it was the GAME itself we were all paying to get, with the way half of the people are carrying on you would think itís the beta we are paying out so much money for.

Caligula__
09-14-2010, 12:22 AM
^yep, well put Akasha

before, when the Beta was in September for America I bet you didn't even care Australia (and other countries) had to wait another month for it but now you have to wait... Oh no! the world's gonna end!

It's... just... a... beta...
It's... just... a... month...

Akasha_Ishtar
09-14-2010, 12:31 AM
Oh yes itís really dumb, I mean they donít even have a full month to wait and they are acting like a bunch a kids that have not got their own way...lol. If you ask me itís better having it this way because we all get to play the beta together.

Caligula__
09-14-2010, 12:36 AM
^yep now we can all be one big <STRIKE>happy</STRIKE> trying-to-get-on-together <STRIKE>family</STRIKE> Brotherhood (excuse teh pun http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif)

Akasha_Ishtar
09-14-2010, 12:41 AM
HAHA by put weapons in each others backs online http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Caligula__
09-14-2010, 12:45 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I'll try to make it as <STRIKE>painful</STRIKE> painless as possible

Akasha_Ishtar
09-14-2010, 12:49 AM
Lol with as little blood as possible...not http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif!!!

EzioAssassin51
09-14-2010, 04:57 AM
At least we can play with the American's (as someone else said) so there will definately be more people on the servers at one time, ensuring you will be able to play!

SteelCity999
09-14-2010, 07:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
At least we can play with the American's (as someone else said) so there will definately be more people on the servers at one time, ensuring you will be able to play! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would probably say this was part of the issue with the US getting delayed...considering all of the problems with redeeming the codes. It would be useless to open a beta up for such a small group of people. If it was not PS3 exclusive we would probably have kept two separate betas. Not to mention you have 2 major releases in the the next week: Reach and Civ 5. Not much out after that until Oct 26 when The Force Unleashed 2 releases. Coincidence??

Blackglasswar
09-14-2010, 08:21 AM
I can wait - Beta is just a cool perk for me. Gonna be glad to have a lot of players on the server now EMEA etc are getting beta at same time as US. Gonna be Assassination Carnage!!!

Rene_Led
09-14-2010, 11:13 AM
<span class="ev_code_RED">Well the upside is, we get to check out the demo for about 2 weeks, then wait another 2-3 weeks and BAM (no pun intended) we get the full retail game! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif</span>

marcusmo
09-14-2010, 12:01 PM
to all the people complaining about people complaining, you obviously don't get it. we don't care that we have to wait, we're just upset that ubisoft gave no warning whatsoever. everyone sat at their computers waiting to receive their code, and then THE DAY OF the start of the beta, they tell us it's not coming. it's bad business plain and simple.

SteelCity999
09-14-2010, 01:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by marcusmo:
to all the people complaining about people complaining, you obviously don't get it. we don't care that we have to wait, we're just upset that ubisoft gave no warning whatsoever. everyone sat at their computers waiting to receive their code, and then THE DAY OF the start of the beta, they tell us it's not coming. it's bad business plain and simple. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do have to agree that I think sometimes Ubi is in outer space in relation to its customer(fan) base.

kleaneasy
09-15-2010, 02:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by marcusmo:
to all the people complaining about people complaining, you obviously don't get it. we don't care that we have to wait, we're just upset that ubisoft gave no warning whatsoever. everyone sat at their computers waiting to receive their code, and then THE DAY OF the start of the beta, they tell us it's not coming. it's bad business plain and simple. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're right that there seems to have been some confusion among the media and other sources over the start date, we are aware of that and the subsequent frustration. Be assured Mr Shade and I among others are trying to find out what happened to prevent a repeat in the future.

marcusmo
09-15-2010, 08:12 AM
oh no worries, i was just trying to explain to them why people were angry. i understand that with the game so close to being released people are scrambling to get everything working/finished. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Blackglasswar
09-15-2010, 08:20 AM
Craaaaaaazy idea but... do you reckon that the delay is caused by the fact that the PSN will be overloaded with Move uptakers downloading demo's etc that it was decided to delay it so that people could focus on the beta (feedback etc) rather than have split attention?

Just a theory, but it is something that I am thankful for... can get my move on and then focus on beta after 2 weeks of that.