PDA

View Full Version : Brotherhood was 'Compacted'

tjbyrum1
04-08-2011, 06:17 PM
If you knew me in person, you would find out quickly that it's hard for to explain things. And when I do explain things, it takes about ten minutes for what normally should be one second.

But I have finally found out what Brotherhood does not have, as compared to II.

Brotherhood felt compacted. II felt open, and large, but Brotherhood felt compacted. The storyline, the location, the missions, they all felt compacted and close together. And Brotherhood didn't have that 'liquid' feel to it that II did. II FELT like Italy, it FELT like the Renaissance. Brotherhood was Rome, but that was about it.

If you can get a gist of what I'm trying to say, good for you. But still Brotherhood was a great game.

I preferred all those open cities, and the game itself felt like you'd describe it as 'liquid'.

Oh well, III is coming up and I hope it takes on like II did. II was a blast off for me. Had many more major plot-events, several antagonists who all led up to one.

Brotherhood was made to make you feel like you was secretly fighting over Rome against the Borgia... which it did a great job at doing. Plus Ezio felt like he was fighting for the city, not the Brotherhood.

In I, I felt immersed in Altair's world - The Middle East and Crusades. In II I felt immersed in Ezio's world, the Renaissance and Italy. Brotherhood, I felt disconnected from Rome the whole time.

Don't get me wrong, Brotherhood was a HUGE impression and had a marvelous impact upon the series, and remains one of the greatest games I have ever played. I just didn't like the feeling of it.

tjbyrum1
04-08-2011, 06:17 PM
If you knew me in person, you would find out quickly that it's hard for to explain things. And when I do explain things, it takes about ten minutes for what normally should be one second.

But I have finally found out what Brotherhood does not have, as compared to II.

Brotherhood felt compacted. II felt open, and large, but Brotherhood felt compacted. The storyline, the location, the missions, they all felt compacted and close together. And Brotherhood didn't have that 'liquid' feel to it that II did. II FELT like Italy, it FELT like the Renaissance. Brotherhood was Rome, but that was about it.

If you can get a gist of what I'm trying to say, good for you. But still Brotherhood was a great game.

I preferred all those open cities, and the game itself felt like you'd describe it as 'liquid'.

Oh well, III is coming up and I hope it takes on like II did. II was a blast off for me. Had many more major plot-events, several antagonists who all led up to one.

Brotherhood was made to make you feel like you was secretly fighting over Rome against the Borgia... which it did a great job at doing. Plus Ezio felt like he was fighting for the city, not the Brotherhood.

In I, I felt immersed in Altair's world - The Middle East and Crusades. In II I felt immersed in Ezio's world, the Renaissance and Italy. Brotherhood, I felt disconnected from Rome the whole time.

Don't get me wrong, Brotherhood was a HUGE impression and had a marvelous impact upon the series, and remains one of the greatest games I have ever played. I just didn't like the feeling of it.

elvindrummer
04-08-2011, 06:30 PM
I totally know what you mean.

it was def just a 2.5 more like an add-on. It wasn't bad though, I mean it is still in my top games.
But what I didn't like is how when you started a mission it was just one after another after another. And actually at the start of the game it didn't do that but near the ends it got worse and worse. It just seems like they ran out of time. Like at the end it just skips months but to me it felt like it all just happened in the same day. While in the firt game you actually got to see Ezio develope more and the years went by.
I liked that in AC2 you could do a mission then explore as you walked to your next. It wasn't this start sequence and end sequence so abruptly.
But I still love this game. There is a lot more good then bad. I also love that each creed is slightly different. I think it takes a lot for a company to actually change games around in a series. Its not the same game different setting which I like and I am always excited to see what ubi will do next!

eagleforlife1
04-09-2011, 12:10 AM
I would have liked to do what I could in ACII in Brotherhood where you could ride to different cities or visit the viaggio and choose your destination.

rileypoole1234
04-10-2011, 03:47 PM
I agree with you almost 100% on this. In AC2, I felt as if I was living as Ezio, seeing everything through his eyes. In ACB I felt like I was just playing as Ezio, not living as him, which kinda sucks. I hope AC3 will be more like AC2, like how you get to know the character and feel bad for him when a tragedy happens.

crash3
04-10-2011, 04:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
I agree with you almost 100% on this. In AC2, I felt as if I was living as Ezio, seeing everything through his eyes. In ACB I felt like I was just playing as Ezio, not living as him, which kinda sucks. I hope AC3 will be more like AC2, like how you get to know the character and feel bad for him when a tragedy happens. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think in the next DLC there should be viaggios installed so that we can visit the AC2 cities even if its just for free roam purposes it would add to giving good closure on AC2/ACB before moving on to AC3