PDA

View Full Version : when are ,brest and other coastals avail ?

Ronin.nj
03-24-2005, 09:45 AM
not sure if i have glitch or not but going from the info provided on map(which is bloody great)i thought these other bases were available from 1940 onwards. ive just got to jan 28 in my campaign but they are still red.i have v1.1 patch. lol it would be nice to refuel etc, get back out there as im going back willys haven,plus ive peeved the enemy off in the channel as i sank an frieghter full of tea (hehe)buggers ihad to des & and an corv hunting me for hours. so not wanting to back thru for anwhile.

Pappy55
03-24-2005, 09:57 AM
wait till late spring early summer till Germany has established a foothold in France.

quillan
03-24-2005, 09:59 AM
Historically, France isn't invaded for a couple of months, and capitulates on June 25, 1940. If I remember correctly from earlier dates in my career, Bordeaux was the only port showing after the fall of France (I was in turnaround from mid June to mid July 1940). Brest and Lorient showed up again by August. On Sept 1 I started getting radio messages about the 7th Flotilla being moved from Kiel to St. Nazaire, but St. Nazaire isn't showing up on the map yet.

Capt._Tenneal
03-24-2005, 10:03 AM
Which ports give you the Africa patrols ? Is it one of these French coast ones ?

Ronin.nj
03-24-2005, 10:07 AM
cheers, guys happy hunting

Ronin.nj
03-24-2005, 10:13 AM
not sure about africa but thats where i was going to head too to have an look at that lone freight route the way i figure it i should be able to stay out for several weeks, with those extra bases.