PDA

View Full Version : manual prop 109

harold x
06-02-2005, 02:50 AM
I assigned throttle contol on the hotas screen to manual prop on a 109. When i tried to switch the prop to manual control it did not work. How cann i switch to manual control prop on 109.

harold x
06-02-2005, 02:50 AM
I assigned throttle contol on the hotas screen to manual prop on a 109. When i tried to switch the prop to manual control it did not work. How cann i switch to manual control prop on 109.

JG54_Arnie
06-02-2005, 02:54 AM
You have to set a button to switch prop pitch mode, you should be able to find this in the settings, controls screen. Somewhere near the enginerelated buttons. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

harold x
06-02-2005, 02:58 AM
I DID .NOTHING HAPPENED.

JG54_Arnie
06-02-2005, 03:20 AM
Its in the controls the third row of buttons in AIRCRAFT CONTROLS, you have one called "prop. pitch auto" if you assign a key to that and press it when in the 109 you see its switches between auto and manual prop pitch, when it shows manual prop pitch you can use the buttons you assigned to change it up and down.

JamesBlonde888
06-02-2005, 03:30 AM
Why would you want manual prop-pitch control?

JunkoIfurita
06-02-2005, 05:33 AM
Nice use of caps mate, very overbearing.

Manual pitch in the 109 or 190s is something best played with very, very carefully. As these aircraft were designed to fly always under automatic pitch control, the amount of leeway between slightly over-revving the motor and completely blowing a piston or two is very slim. Played with carefully, you can get some extra performance (and that extra acceleration boost) by pushing up to a finer pitch setting (higher RPM) than it would normally run on auto. But push it that little bit over the edge, and you can kiss your motor goodbye. Your mechanic will hate you for it, assuming you can nurse the plane home.

----