PDA

View Full Version : Is Amazon only way 2 get Altair skin?

timpbader
10-08-2011, 03:22 AM
I'd certainly like to play the whole thing as Altair. Is Amazon the only way to get the Altair skin?

timpbader
10-08-2011, 03:22 AM
I'd certainly like to play the whole thing as Altair. Is Amazon the only way to get the Altair skin?

archie7272
10-08-2011, 03:24 AM
It will either be available as a uplay skin or in a dlc.
EDIT: or it'll be unlocked after playing the first Altair memory

dewgel
10-08-2011, 03:26 AM
Either way, I couldn't really care a less. I never really used it in any of the other games because it felt glitchy, when you done certain jumps Altair's cloke would go through his legs and his second hidden blade didn't even appear (but still useable)

It is a cool option, but not something I'm going to kick myself over by missing.

Chronomancy
10-08-2011, 03:29 AM
No it's not, I got mine through EB games.

TheLeoCrow
10-08-2011, 04:59 AM
For Europe it's play.com that has it

timpbader
10-08-2011, 05:31 AM
People are going to be. If it's Amazon exclusive it's not going to be Uplay or available after finishing the first Altair mission. If you're counting on that there is a very good chance you are going to be disappointed. Probably will be available with the 1st dlc though.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

Chronomancy
10-08-2011, 05:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timpbader:
People are going to be. If it's Amazon exclusive it's not going to be Uplay or available after finishing the first Altair mission. If you're counting on that there is a very good chance you are going to be disappointed. Probably will be available with the 1st dlc though.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't be too upset about it, it looks quite bad in my opinion.

timpbader
10-08-2011, 05:50 AM
I heard it looks bad, but there was something nice about running around ACB in the robes of Altair with a crossbow on your back.

Chronomancy
10-08-2011, 05:52 AM
This will become a DLC anyway, with the amount of people sending in emails Ubi would be stupid not to.

What I do fear is that it may cost $0.45 to purchase off the PSN store.

But I guess if you REALLY want it you will buy it.

Sarari
10-08-2011, 07:47 AM
You know what I find EXTREMELY stupid is? The fact that Altair's skin might only be a dlc or a pre-order thing. Why the hell would you make it one of those if we're gonna be playing as him already. Makes no sense what so ever if you ask me...........and yes I'm mad about this -.-

LightRey
10-08-2011, 07:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:
You know what I find EXTREMELY stupid is? The fact that Altair's skin might only be a dlc or a pre-order thing. Why the hell would you make it one of those if we're gonna be playing as him already. Makes no sense what so ever if you ask me...........and yes I'm mad about this -.- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You're overreacting. It's just a skin. It's a pre-order thing, because it gives some players the benefit of getting it from the very start while others have to wait.

Sarari
10-08-2011, 07:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sarari:
You know what I find EXTREMELY stupid is? The fact that Altair's skin might only be a dlc or a pre-order thing. Why the hell would you make it one of those if we're gonna be playing as him already. Makes no sense what so ever if you ask me...........and yes I'm mad about this -.- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
lol my actual tone isn't as serious as what I just said :P

But do we get it after beating some Altair missions? Because I can't pre-order or download it cause I don't have internet for my xbox.

LightRey
10-08-2011, 12:19 PM
Probably a download. Can't you just hook up your xbox with an Ethernet cable? You only need to connect with the internet for the download, so you could just move the tv and the xbox to where your router is for the download and then move it all back after it's done.

Sarari
10-08-2011, 12:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
Probably a download. Can't you just hook up your xbox with an Ethernet cable? You only need to connect with the internet for the download, so you could just move the tv and the xbox to where your router is for the download and then move it all back after it's done. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This is gonna sound very childish, but my dad won't allow me. Since I got a B in a couple of subjects I can't get internet on my Xbox, and a good chance I might not even buy ACR itself until 2 months it's been out.

Jexx21
10-08-2011, 12:26 PM
Your Dad sounds like an overbearing person.

Black_Widow9
10-08-2011, 12:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by archie7272:
It will either be available as a uplay skin or in a dlc.
EDIT: or it'll be unlocked after playing the first Altair memory </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unless you have a source this is only speculation. Some things can remain exclusive. We will have to wait and see. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

LightRey
10-08-2011, 12:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:
Probably a download. Can't you just hook up your xbox with an Ethernet cable? You only need to connect with the internet for the download, so you could just move the tv and the xbox to where your router is for the download and then move it all back after it's done. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This is gonna sound very childish, but my dad won't allow me. Since I got a B in a couple of subjects I can't get internet on my Xbox, and a good chance I might not even buy ACR itself until 2 months it's been out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ugh, I don't get parents that do stuff like that. A B isn't even a bad grade. Not to mention that it shouldn't matter unless you were goofing off and even then there's much reason not to punish your kids for it. If they're getting bad grades, they should receive positive stimulants for learning for school instead of negative stimulants for goofing off.

Sarari
10-08-2011, 12:41 PM
My dad is very very strict on grades unfortunately. I focus more on my physical life than school. I still take school seriously but not a serious as parkour and basketball and all that other stuff.

LightRey
10-08-2011, 12:58 PM
My dad is very very strict on grades unfortunately. I focus more on my physical life than school. I still take school seriously but not a serious as parkour and basketball and all that other stuff. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's probably a good thing. As long as you finish high school (and preferably college as well), you should be fine.

Sarari
10-08-2011, 03:17 PM
My dad is very very strict on grades unfortunately. I focus more on my physical life than school. I still take school seriously but not a serious as parkour and basketball and all that other stuff. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's probably a good thing. As long as you finish high school (and preferably college as well), you should be fine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yea that's my plan. Pass highschool, go to college, then making a living.

Calvarok
10-08-2011, 03:26 PM
I bet all these exclusive skins will be unlocked with the first DLC.

Sarari
10-08-2011, 05:19 PM
Are we even gonna have unlockable skins?? Cause from what I've seen and heard, every skin and armor is in the dlc pack.

MeSkate
10-08-2011, 05:27 PM
let's hope they put the turkish assassins armor in the dlc too

Sarari
10-26-2011, 06:08 AM
Which pre-order will I be able to get Altair's skin from? Is it the Best Buy edition or the other one?

Also, look what I found. I'm very disappointed in this.

Ezio literally in Altair's robes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4NF72h3Hr0)

tjbyrum1
10-26-2011, 06:22 AM
I don't know guys....

That's not the original Altair's Skin like we had in ACI, II, and Brotherhood. That looks redesigned... and it also looks like it is a different robe you can put on Ezio's body (kind of like Armor of Brutus, Drachen Armor, Altair's Armor). It changes his clothing, but keeps his physical features.

If you recall, Altair's Robes that were used in AC II and Brotherhood are direct replicas of the one in AC I, even the facial features of Desmond.

Since Altair is already in Revelations, I think they redid his robes... hell that might be a different robe. Maybe Altair changed robes after becoming the Grandmaster? Cause the robes look a bit different actually.

So maybe you can get the new Altair's Robes, and Ezio will wear these robe cover his own body.

Or maybe, like in II and Brotherhood, you can equip Altair's OLD Robes and it will replace Ezio's body with Altair's character model from AC I.

So maybe it has both.

InfectedNation
10-26-2011, 07:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tjbyrum1:
I don't know guys....

That's not the original Altair's Skin like we had in ACI, II, and Brotherhood. That looks redesigned... and it also looks like it is a different robe you can put on Ezio's body (kind of like Armor of Brutus, Drachen Armor, Altair's Armor). It changes his clothing, but keeps his physical features.

If you recall, Altair's Robes that were used in AC II and Brotherhood are direct replicas of the one in AC I, even the facial features of Desmond.

Since Altair is already in Revelations, I think they redid his robes... hell that might be a different robe. Maybe Altair changed robes after becoming the Grandmaster? Cause the robes look a bit different actually.

So maybe you can get the new Altair's Robes, and Ezio will wear these robe cover his own body.

Or maybe, like in II and Brotherhood, you can equip Altair's OLD Robes and it will replace Ezio's body with Altair's character model from AC I.

So maybe it has both. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They redesigned the entire Altair character model for Revelations, and I'm pretty sure that this bonus costume is Ezio's character model in Altair's clothes - The Amazon trailer seems to show ezio's beard.

LightRey
10-26-2011, 07:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tjbyrum1:
I don't know guys....

So maybe it has both. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They're the same robes, but with added detail. He's wearing them during a memory before the events of AC1. His Grandmaster robes look radically different.

lukaszep
10-26-2011, 08:03 AM
I expect they will do an Altair skin separately in-game. The preorder bonus is Ezio AS Altair. They're just trying to trick us into preordering it from them i bet.

Sarari
10-26-2011, 07:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I expect they will do an Altair skin separately in-game. The preorder bonus is Ezio AS Altair. They're just trying to trick us into preordering it from them i bet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
So how do you just get the regular skin of Altair?

Sarari
10-26-2011, 09:00 PM
Are they gonna make an in-game unlockable, or do you have to pre-order/buy it from amazon?

lukaszep
10-27-2011, 05:12 AM
I think it's a safe bet Altair will be unlockable in game after completing all the Altair missions, (probably with 100% sync). But i may be wrong.