PDA

View Full Version : Gaming mouse

PACACE
06-28-2006, 01:09 PM
Does anyone know the benefits of a gaming mouse? I know it wont effect PF but I have some point and click games. I wonder if there "worth" it.

PACACE
06-28-2006, 01:09 PM
Does anyone know the benefits of a gaming mouse? I know it wont effect PF but I have some point and click games. I wonder if there "worth" it.

VW-IceFire
06-28-2006, 03:16 PM
Depends what you have right now. There is a definate improvement in feel when you have a more solid mouse under you.

I have a Logitech MX500 mouse which is a fairly high resolution optical mouse. Its a beautiful mouse, fits nicely in my hand, its very precise. My brother bought just recently the Logitech G5 Laser Mouse. The G5 is waaay more precise than even my MX500. For the sort of work that we do with Photoshop and the various types of FPS and RTS games that we play...its NICE to have the extra sensitivity and precision.

If you're going to get a serious mouse....get one thats general purpose high quality like the G5 Laser rather than getting one thats a bit gimicky and meant for "gaming" only.

Troll2k
06-28-2006, 03:31 PM
The advantage of a gaming mouse is the precision,resolution and acceleration.the more resolution and precision you have the better you can get to a particular point.Acceleration is how fast the mouse get to max speed.All important for fps type games.Resloution an precision are good for photo editing.

The G7 and G5 are excellent gaming mice if you play fps type games.They had way too many features for me(no fps games here) and were a little big for my hand.

I just bought a new Logitech wireless Lx7(I believe).Fits my small hand.(appears to be for both right and left hand)Has more features than I need.(I did not load any of their mouse software)Supposedly you get 8 months on a set of batteries.I have very little desk real estate and a wireless mouse helps.

From what I read on the internet buy a Logitech and be done with it.I did.

Puts on flame proof suit.

Treetop64
06-28-2006, 03:54 PM
Got a Logitech MX-700 optical cordless mouse. Fits beautifully in my grip, is very precise, has a nice "wieghty" feel to it, and looks cool! Also, I've been on the same set of batteries now for more than a year, and the charge still lasts for hours of continuous use.

ytareh
06-28-2006, 04:16 PM
Actually one of the things that persuaded me into getting a gaming mouse (Razer Diamondback)was the performance in the rear gunners position.....(although i do play a fair bit of COD2 online-strangely I rarely go online in this sim-too hard!)
the Razer is sharp but a bit low profile for mega use.I cringe to say it but the most comfortable mice Ive used are the expensive(probably more so than the Razer-but way less dpi) Microsoft ones which are very high in the palm..

ytareh
06-28-2006, 04:17 PM
Oh by the way no disrespect to Treetop but wireless or cordless is a major no no for a responsive mouse...

Crash_Moses
06-28-2006, 04:28 PM
Trackball! Only way to go...

Sillius_Sodus
06-28-2006, 04:40 PM
What Crash_Moses said!

I have a Logitech Marble Mouse, not many features but very precise.

Good hunting,
Sillius_Sodus

Treetop64
06-28-2006, 04:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ytareh:
Oh by the way no disrespect to Treetop but wireless or cordless is a major no no for a responsive mouse... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hear ya. Cordless mice probably aren't quite as optimized as wired ones, especially once the battery starts to get depleted, for response. However, the one I've gotten has more than fulfilled my gaming needs. I had a wired optical mouse before, and I really cannot tell a difference.

NHawk52
06-28-2006, 04:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sillius_Sodus:
What Crash_Moses said!

I have a Logitech Marble Mouse, not many features but very precise.

Good hunting,
Sillius_Sodus </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto! I went to the Marble FX mouse years ago for the precision in "painting" and found it be just as great for gaming. And it's a real plus that it doesn't need any desktop space for movement!