PDA

View Full Version : Byzantines and Ottomans

silent_controlz
12-11-2011, 01:52 PM
From what I know, the Byzantine Empire was destroyed by Ottomans. In ACR, the Byzantines are showed as the "bad guys". Isn't the game a bit unfair to them, because the Byzantines were the first rulers of the Turkish lands, and it is their right to regain them?

WTW26
12-12-2011, 08:50 AM
The Byzantine (or Roman, to use its proper name) Empire was a shadow of its former self at the time the Ottomans conquered it, having been greatly weakened by the events and aftermath of the Fourth Crusade. The native Greeks had more reasons to hate the Western invaders than the Ottomans, who were, by contemporary standards, very tolerant and civilized.

value_zero
12-12-2011, 01:04 PM
The ottoman empire led my country to the shi t that is today, so i pritty much enjoy of rapeing turks, 500 years of slavery of bulgarians till 1900, so we are pritty much one of the poorest and negative set people today, because 111 years from 1900 to now is not enough to recover its economy. The actual Janissaries are christian kids (mostly bulgarian) against their and their's family will to fight for the ottoman empire and rule on it is own original nationality, believing that they are turks.

silent_controlz
12-12-2011, 01:21 PM
^
I agree, neighbour. They have also affected my country, Romania, though luckily we weren't transformed into a turkish province (pashalik) because we've paid them lots of gold to keep our independence... gold that could have been used in other ways. Anyways, the byzantines kept great knowledge. Not even the turks could vanish it.
Hagia Sophia from Istanbul is an example.

value_zero
12-12-2011, 02:23 PM
The Byzantines played by the rules of the ruling, and some random ottomanish trolls decide to act barberianic, the closest example for it is the nazi germany.

SophiaBaker
08-10-2012, 04:50 AM
Wasn't it in the Ottoman (http://www.livingfurnitures.com/ottomans) Empire where non-Muslims were subject to a boy tax, and the boys were sent to become Muslims and serve in the military?