PDA

View Full Version : Slightly OT: Rebel X-wing attack on Death Star

Fritz_Stahlhelm
03-04-2005, 08:19 AM
Hi all,

In one of the "Star Wars" films, the Rebel side launches an attack on the Death Star by trying to enter it through an airshaft. The plan is to first orbit the artificial planet in a gutter surrounding it, then enter the shaft in order to reach its vulnerable core. (The famous "Stay on target!" scene)

Unfortunately, this gutter is riddled with laser cannons and Darth Vader personally takes on the intruders in his special edition Tie figher. (Oleg must have watched this film, by judging of the ShKAS machine guns). The better part of the rebel force gets lost in this seemingly pointless act.

Now to my question: why doesn't the Rebel strike force go staight for the shaft, instead of this sucidal orbiting? And while we're at it, what convergance do the X wing fighters seem to use?

Dying to know,
Fritz

MEGILE
03-04-2005, 08:22 AM
I have no idea, but lets skip the shop talk and come to the inevitable conlcusion that the Spitfire is an X-wing and the Hispanos are lasers.

altstiff
03-04-2005, 08:31 AM
Not to mention if the force is with you (like it was with Luke that day thank puck), you can do anything......

MajorBloodnok
03-04-2005, 08:34 AM
Well, I used to bullseye womp rats in my Spitfire back home. They're not much bigger than two meters. True.

Capt._Tenneal
03-04-2005, 08:35 AM
Don't knock the Russian guns. The ShKAS, ShVAK, UBS/UBK, B-20's, VYa, and NS guns are now considered very comparable to anything the West and Luftwaffe had.

ImpStarDuece
03-04-2005, 08:40 AM
The full-on, mind blowingly geeky answer from a confirmed Star Wars nutter (check my name if you dont believe me, its a Star Wars reference)

The thermal exhaust port is located in the one of the 'tropical' (ie 23.5 degrees) trenches of the Death Star, which is actually the size of a small moonlet (160km in diameter). The port is located directly below the main thermal exhaust port partially up one of the end walls of the trence. Hence the need for a flight along the trench and a straight shot into the port. A top down shot is not an option

The sensible answer

Lucas is/was a smart director and this was more exciting and made a much better final battle sequence!

Capt._Tenneal
03-04-2005, 08:43 AM
ImpStarDeuce do you post on the official SW boards too ? What's your s/n ? I post there too. It's nice to see another whose tastes run close to mine. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

FlatSpinMan
03-04-2005, 08:44 AM
Wow.

Monson74
03-04-2005, 09:17 AM
The convergence is set to taste of the individual pilot - Wedge uses - well, a rather edgy (wedge-like) convergence but Luke prefers his set to 3000 meters for those tricky head-ons with the Ties http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Jasko76
03-04-2005, 09:18 AM
Bah, you Star Wars lovers!

Star Trek is a zillion times better show. More plausible, more technically explained. I mean, what kind of drive does say, Millenum Falcon use, what's its top speed?

Kirk is a great captain and his ship, the NCC-1701 Enterprise is the most beautiful space craft ever!

Monson74
03-04-2005, 09:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jasko76:

Star Trek is a zillion times better show. More plausible, more technically explained. I mean, what kind of drive does say, Millenum Falcon use, what's its top speed?

Kirk is a great captain and his ship, the NCC-1701 Enterprise is the most beautiful space craft ever! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WHAT?! They can't even spell Star Trick! & those beamers are way overmodelled - you can ask Oleg http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

BelaLvgosi
03-04-2005, 09:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fritz_Stahlhelm:
Unfortunately, this gutter is riddled with laser cannons and Darth Vader personally takes on the intruders in his special edition Tie figher [quote]

Tie Advanced X1 please http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

[quote]
Now to my question: why doesn't the Rebel strike force go staight for the shaft, instead of this sucidal orbiting? And while we're at it, what convergance do the X wing fighters seem to use? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

On xwing games you have laser range up to 1.55km, the convergence can be adjusted in two ways, auto (uses targeting computer to adjust it considering the target range) and infinite IIRC.

The are also other setting on the xwing like fire 4 (slower), two each time (medium) or one at the time (fastest but way more energy drawn from the power cell). Top players (as I was http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif) only use 4 laser bursts, way more usefull when you know exact deflection and you have little time.

I was not an expert on allied fighter since my main ride was the Tie Interceptor (more manouv, more accel, more speed than an x-wing but a single shot and you were dead). If anywone remembers me, my nick was MstrGhost in the Zone, both on x wing vs tie and x wing alliance.

BSS_Goat
03-04-2005, 09:44 AM
You know what I heard.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gifKirk is gay.
http://www.allyourtrekarebelongto.us/yours.jpg

BBB_Hyperion
03-04-2005, 09:47 AM
It`s a ship, that made the Kessel-run in less than twelve parsecs. I´m outrunning the imperial starships. Not the local bold cruisers. I´m talking about the big correlian ships now. She`s fast enough for you, old man.

About 65 to 85 MGLT Top Speed .

Power Plant: Plant modified quad D-1100 fusion sublight thrust engine.

Startrek is as unlogical as Star Wars or can you explain how a heissenberg compensator actually works (Not what it does)?

Jasko76
03-04-2005, 09:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BSS_Goat:
You know what I heard.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gifKirk is gay.
http://www.allyourtrekarebelongto.us/yours.jpg <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Put it in a content - I have been and always shall be yours. What? Friend of course!

Jasko76
03-04-2005, 09:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BBB_Hyperion:
It`s a ship, that made the Kessel-run in less than twelve parsecs. I´m outrunning the imperial starships.

About 65 to 85 MGLT Top Speed .

Power Plant: Plant modified quad D-1100 fusion sublight thrust engine.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How long is Kessel-run? How long is a parsec?

How fast is 85 MHGLT?

How does this "fusion sublight engine" work?

ImpStarDuece
03-04-2005, 10:00 AM
Ah the famous "12 parsecs" quote;

Most of you know that a parsec is a measure of distance, not time.

What most of you don't know is that Kessle, famous for its prisons, ryll spice and mines, asteroids, comet debris and dust clouds, is a system slowly being toen apart by several black holes.

So how did Solo shorten the distance of his run? Simple; The Millenium Falcon, being a fast and powerful ship, used its speed to fly a more direct route through the "Kessle Run", one of the few safe routes directly inwards from the galactic core. The Flacon's speed and power meant that it could fly closer to the black holes than most ships, saving time and avoiding the Imperial patrols which frequent the (still unsafe) more travelled routes.

If anyone wants any more Star Wars questions, I be quitely obsessing over some tiny detail on the internet somewhere. Not like the majority of this forum.. at .... all.

Jasko76
03-04-2005, 10:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ImpStarDuece:
Most of you know that a parsec is a measure of distance, not time. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well distance is measured in length, right? Therefore it is OK to ask "how long is a parsec".

But how fast is Millenium Falcon in km/h or mph?

ImpStarDuece
03-04-2005, 10:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jasko76:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ImpStarDuece:
Most of you know that a parsec is a measure of distance, not time. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well distance is measured in length, right? Therefore it is OK to ask "how long is a parsec".

But how fast is Millenium Falcon in km/h or mph? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well being that the Star Wars saga is set a "long, long" time ago in a galaxy "far,far" away I dont think that they use conventional measurements, do you? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Jasko76
03-04-2005, 10:12 AM
Speedchart for NCC-1701 Enterprise:

Max speed Warp factor 9,2

1,78 trillion km/h

1649 x lightspeed

Across Sol system in 24 sec

ImpStarDuece
03-04-2005, 10:28 AM
And I care why exactly?

Jasko76
03-04-2005, 10:35 AM
I'm just adding some proof to my claim that Star Trek is more technically advanced, feels more real with measurements we can relate to. Not that we'll ever be able to travel at those speeds, or be able to "beam" people around.

Every little detail is explained, producers are not hiding behind "far, far away and long, long ago".

Having said that, I enjoy Star Wars as well, got'em on DVD, but Star Trek is numero uno!

ImpStarDuece
03-04-2005, 10:42 AM
Star Wars has more in common with westerns, swashbucklers and Saturday matinee movies than it does with Star Trek and the sci fi genre. The story, character and role archetypes are drawn from mythic tradition and are really a 'sprucing up' of many different legends and stories with a veneer of science, technology and modern film making.

You dont have to make any claims about Star Trek being more technically advanced or better explained, we will take that as a given. Star Wars isn't science fiction, its fantasy. It runs off it own rules, not those rules referenced by own perception.

I mean, come on. You have a 'magic energy field', knights, pirates, gunslingers, bonty hnters, pilots, warriors, wizards, Emperors, smugglers, strange creatures, mythic beings, princesses, royal family infighting, civil war. Its NOT science fiction and its not meant to be take as such.

Jasko76
03-04-2005, 10:44 AM
Star T http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

BBB_Hyperion
03-04-2005, 11:20 AM
So how does this Heisenberg Compensator work Jasko76(not what it does) ?

Without it the complete Startrek universe collapses cause of the inability to use warp . Thats the same for Star Wars Lightspeed Drive

Science Finction have to make sense so latest discoveries and speculations do make it in these movies as startrek continues faster than star wars its obvious that latest additions of technological watchouts are implemented. For the Time Star Wars Universe was thinked out Speaking Interactive Robots and Laser Guns as well as Hyperspeed were the topics discussed how the future would be like, parts of that is integrated into the story. As well startrek uses the same technique but is more constantly upgraded cause it doesnt have to go after a bookline out of the 70s . Clearly both is science fiction and both is fantasy as well.

I doubt that 1 is more correct than the other cause both are fictional even when Startrek looks more logical doesnt mean it is actually.

You can for example write your fictional car does 400 km/h on the paper but later you find that only it can get to 200 km/h cause the cooling system can handle only that. While in a later stage it might be able to do 600 km/h with new engine.

So the numbers even when looking more familar are not based on scientific calculations they are only influenced. So more real is a relative state cause it uses actual numerical system doesnt mean it is more correct.

LLv26_Morko
03-04-2005, 11:35 AM
Star Wars has more in common with westerns, swashbucklers and Saturday matinee movies than it does with Star Trek and the sci fi genre. The story, character and role archetypes are drawn from mythic tradition and are really a 'sprucing up' of many different legends and stories with a veneer of science, technology and modern film making.

You dont have to make any claims about Star Trek being more technically advanced or better explained, we will take that as a given. Star Wars isn't science fiction, its fantasy. It runs off it own rules, not those rules referenced by own perception.

I mean, come on. You have a 'magic energy field', knights, pirates, gunslingers, bonty hnters, pilots, warriors, wizards, Emperors, smugglers, strange creatures, mythic beings, princesses, royal family infighting, civil war. Its NOT science fiction and its not meant to be take as such. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
well ... i have to hear your explanation of the v`ger on star trek the movie....
and of course... how in the heck spock has ears like that?
and klingons... do they look like some race in the earth?
Princess Leia rules!!! i follow her!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

Jasko76
03-04-2005, 11:36 AM
Heisenberg compensator -

Part of the transporter system that is connected to the molecular imaging scanners and balances out the Heisenberg effect. This effect is a quantum uncertainty that would otherwise not allow to exactly recreate the state of a complex electronic device or an organism, in particular a neural system.

As you can see, it has nothing with warp drive to do, it is what makes transporters work. Personally, I don't understand any of this mambo-jambo... But I understand why you asked me about this Heisenberg device in particular. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Micheal Okuda was once asked," How does the Heisenberg compensator work?"
He replied, " Very well, thank you." He has no idea how it works.

And neither have I!

MOH_SKID.
03-04-2005, 11:50 AM
Hi,

1 Parsec = 3.26163626 lightyears
or
1 Parsec = 3.08568025 Ӕ 10^13 kilometers
or
1 Parsec = 1.91735281 Ӕ 10^13 miles
which is just over 19 trillion miles.

S~
Skid

LStarosta
03-04-2005, 01:28 PM
Go away! This isn't a sci-fi convention!

You guys really need to get laid more often...

Korolov
03-04-2005, 01:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LStarosta:
Go away! This isn't a sci-fi convention!

You guys really need to get laid more often... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.dp9.com/images/Hunter2.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

steve_v
03-04-2005, 02:14 PM
I'm waiting for you. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

http://www.geocities.com/g8tr45/nextpatch.txt

Chuck_Older
03-04-2005, 03:17 PM

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Two words about why Star Wars was infinitely better:

<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">Carrie Fisher</span>

Friendly_flyer
03-04-2005, 03:31 PM
Wasen't IL2 based on the old X-wing engine? I used to love the game, Y-wing being my favorite ride. It might explain why I am such a fan of the Beaufighter.

SithSpeeder
03-04-2005, 03:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Now to my question: why doesn't the Rebel strike force go staight for the shaft, instead of this sucidal orbiting? And while we're at it, what convergance do the X wing fighters seem to use? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

To answer your first question, obviously their sight was similar to bomber/fighter sight in IL2. Like a K-14 in the sense that it had to reach a stabilization point so that the 2m shot could be hit. A similar analogy would be taking an He-111 and just swooping in and hitting a pinpoint target (like the spawnpad of an enemy base)...can't do it, reliably anyways. You need to get level, turn on the autopilot, ensure you're covered, activate the auto release, and "Stay on target!". (well, that's MY answer and I'm sticking to it!).

As for your second question, I can only approximate from seeing the movie over and over again...equivalent of 200 m in IL2?

* _54th_(Sith)Speeder *

Jasko76
03-04-2005, 04:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chuck_Older:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Two words about why Star Wars was infinitely better:

<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">Carrie Fisher</span> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I know what you mean. She was REALLY pretty back then!

But you gotta love Star Trek female uniforms! Miniskirts and high heels in outer space! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

DarthBane_
03-04-2005, 04:48 PM

What most of you don't know is that Kessle, famous for its prisons, ryll spice and mines, asteroids, comet debris and dust clouds, is a system slowly being toen apart by several black holes.

So how did Solo shorten the distance of his run? Simple; The Millenium Falcon, being a fast and powerful ship, used its speed to fly a more direct route through the "Kessle Run", one of the few safe routes directly inwards from the galactic core. The Flacon's speed and power meant that it could fly closer to the black holes than most ships, saving time and avoiding the Imperial patrols which frequent the (still unsafe) more travelled routes.

If anyone wants any more Star Wars questions, I be quitely obsessing over some tiny detail on the internet somewhere. Not like the majority of this forum.. at .... all. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

impressive!

LStarosta
03-04-2005, 05:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DarthBane_:

If anyone wants any more Star Wars questions, I be quitely obsessing over some tiny detail on the internet somewhere. Not like the majority of this forum.. at .... all. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

impressive! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would have been more impressive if he spelled "Kessle" correctly...

The things you learn while watching Star Wars with the subtitles on...

Korolov
03-04-2005, 08:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LStarosta:
Would have been more impressive if he spelled "Kessle" correctly...

The things you learn while watching Star Wars with the subtitles on... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.mechmodels.com/images/kickbuttmule.jpg

altstiff
03-04-2005, 11:28 PM
Star Trek? They are really Nazi's Here is proof>>>

http://www.sullyandbill.com/nazitrek.html

Jasko76
03-05-2005, 12:09 AM
Sully and Bill suck!

But, you must admit, Kirk looks very stylish as an SS officer! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

F19_Ob
03-05-2005, 01:52 AM
Ohh U starwars nutcases........

Well, anyway......I imported 3rd party X-wings, tie-fighters and lots of other spaceships into = the old combatflightsimulator2.
In the Greenland location many places resembles the snow planet of Hoth and in addition it has steep canyonlike mountains.
I also changed the sounds and tracers and guneffects to suit the starwars fasion of battle.

The sim was much better with starwars than ww2.

That was a long time ago (in another galaxy) but it was fun while it lasted. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

VF-29_Sandman
03-05-2005, 05:21 AM
what would be better...an x-wing, or a colonial viper. the viper would probably be called 'uber' for sure http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

BelaLvgosi
03-05-2005, 05:45 AM
Btw, for those who still have x-wing alliance, the x-wing upgrade project is going well http://www.xwaupgrade.com/ . It consists of new and way more detailed 3d models to replace the older ones (I'd like to remember that some were very near to the primitive ones back in 93 xwing and 94 tie fighter).

BelaLvgosi
03-05-2005, 05:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VF-29_Sandman:
what would be better...an x-wing, or a colonial viper. the viper would probably be called 'uber' for sure http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pff, the TIE Defender was the uber SW fighter, it was FB's 262 than no one would dare to fly online. At that time, rebel whiners most times wouldn't even allow tie advanceds.

Chuck_Older
03-05-2005, 07:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VF-29_Sandman:
what would be better...an x-wing, or a colonial viper. the viper would probably be called 'uber' for sure http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Viper has no captial ship offence; X-wing has proton torpedoes

Viper is short-range; must return to mother ship after sortie; X-wing has hyperspace capabilities provided by the on-board astromech droid

Viper has no defensive sheilds; X-wing has sheild generators

Viper has two main weapons; X-wing has four

Viper was employed as an interceptor; X-wing handles full role of offense/defense

"uber" must mean 'second rate' nowadays http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

BBB_Hyperion
03-05-2005, 08:55 AM
Shields only deflect Beam Weapons efficient. I think the New Viper fires Projectiles think about it .)

Anyway intresting topic rest i agree xwing is ueber .)

@Jasko76
To the Heissenberg Compensator i read it in a science magazine a while ago. The Problem is the Heissenberg uncertain principle. The problem that you either get a particel position almost excat but you cant get the detailed time it was there then or you get the time correct but you dont know where the particle was excatly.

All exchanges between dynamic systems are by definition always relativistic, non-absolute (conform the Heissenberg Uncertainty principle. Just as in electronics, gauging itself is a link this already redefines each of the connected systems.

You are correct it is part of the beaming problem as well but of every moving object too. Cause you want every particle beamed but when you cant catch it excatly how can you transport it. Newer ideas shows it is possible to beam quantum states. So this problem wouldnt arrise but its only informational state transfered.

Relativistic uncertainty could be a problem over interstellar distances. The more distant one's destination, the less certain is its location in space and time. According to Einstein time runs at different rates at different places in the Universe. Also everything moves relative to everything else in space, so your destination is constantly moving. In this case large computers and spaceships become a necessity.

We note that we take warp as given here and put aside problems like energy consumption for bending space room.

Now this Warp system bends the room around it and is therefore a own system of different gravity and uncertainty with the same Problems arising like in the beam process using >=lightspeed transfer . So it can be that parts of the ship land somewhere else .). But as we cant test this its all uncertain until someone did .)

OldMan____
03-05-2005, 05:05 PM
I have a better question.. why the hell in return of Jedi.. even thinking that superlaser was probably disabled.. they attacked facing that huge gun?? There are so many much smarter angles to attack a battle station capable of destroing a planet!

Airmail109
03-05-2005, 05:21 PM
No the question is why did george lucas decide in the first film they w ould attack a deathstar then to end the third film they would attack another deathstar AGAIN! Original thinking? I think not! Could they not have attacked that capital city place! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Beuf_Ninja
03-05-2005, 05:55 PM
In Starwars episode 4 "A New Hope" the rebel attack fleet take long approach to the Death Star because everyone secretly hated Porkins (He was the first to die, bit of a fatty)

In Return of the Jedi the Rebel fleet attack the Death Star ("this fully operational battlestation) because it was essentially Lando's call and he had to do it, he knew they were surrounded on all sides. More than that he knew that Han Solo would get the shield down if he only gave him more time

Hiesenbergs Uncertainty principle is one of the most celebrated results of 20th century quantum mechanics. Heisenberg discovered that it is impossible to specify simultaneously, with arbitary precision, both the momentum(mass*velocity)and the position of an electron within its orbit around the nucleus be it s,p,d or f. I would imagine that the Hiesnburg Uncertainty compensator would use some kind of Fourier Transform to superposition the wave form before transmission or reintegration (but i don't think there is an official answer persea)
I personally find d and f orbits fascinating as they can't be fully represented in our universe due to the fact that the product of the square root of negative one is used to calculate their probability curve.
And finally, yes I probably should get laid more often http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

civildog
03-05-2005, 08:19 PM
It was filmed that way because Lucas said (prior to the film's release) that the final trench run scene was inspired by the Lancasters making the bomb runs in "Dambusters". Go see the movie and you'll see exactly what he was thinking.

The Lancs make the run across the water in a row towards the dam with AA firing at them from all sides, at night so you see just the blaster-like tracers, and the dam it self has heavy flak towers that are pounding away towards the bombers.

The bombers have to "stay on target" and drop the bombs precisely so they roll down the back of the dam underwater to crack it. They have to do the same sort of thing that the pilots in "Star Wars" had to do.

And it's a cracking good movie, too.

Hiriyu
03-05-2005, 10:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Beuf_Ninja:
... the rebel attack fleet take long approach to the Death Star because everyone secretly hated Porkins (He was the first to die, bit of a fatty)...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This guy? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/354.gif

http://members.aol.com/jeremu42/general/porky.jpg

Jasko76
03-06-2005, 02:26 AM
Nice one, Hiryu!

They probably had to lower him (the fetto) in the X-Wing with a winch!

Because of his extra weight, his fighter was 10 MGLT slower than the rest of the flight. Everyone had to adjust speed accordingly which meant they had to take a long approach.