12-12-2011, 03:06 AM
Can someone please explain the AC r side missions

LightRey
12-12-2011, 03:24 AM
Which ones?

Mikl-90-
12-12-2011, 10:07 AM
There are not many of them.
One mission for each guild and then a few Master Assassin missions. Then there's also the Piri Reis mission which are basically tutorials. That's about it if I'm not forgetting anything.

ProdiGurl
12-12-2011, 10:45 AM
There's 2 missions with each Master Assassin (part 1 & 2 w/ each) - I think you have 5 MA's so that makes 10?

There's also the Guild Challenges & there's quite a few of those to get as many as you can.

& there's a Merc. Fight Club but I haven't done that.
Plus there's the Desmond challenges - don't know how many there are.

wolfy000
12-12-2011, 10:59 AM
Really? That's so bad ubi said stuff would just happen and u could choose to ignore or help like a shop owner getting robbed or a little girl asking for help. Do they compensate with a long story? Like is it longer than brotherhood or AC 2

D.I.D.
12-12-2011, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by BasalCone50181:
Really? That's so bad ubi said stuff would just happen and u could choose to ignore or help like a shop owner getting robbed or a little girl asking for help. Do they compensate with a long story? Like is it longer than brotherhood or AC 2

No.

All they've done is to split away some of the recruitment. In ACB, you'd only find potential recruits engaged in a fight with guards, and if you ignored them they would lose and die. In ACR, some of the situations are a little different - you turn up and a cut scene runs, then you save the character and there's also a mini-mission to go with that.

Aside from recruitment, I can't think of a single thing that happens as a result of you seeing or hearing something unusual.

Also it's a much shorter story than any AC to date. It's so suspiciously short that it's pretty much a silent announcement of future DLC, so if you don't want to complete the story without having hit your targets on purchasing and acquisition then you're going to have to plough away at the game's more tiresome aspects, and force yourself not to push the story forward until you have to.

ProdiGurl
12-12-2011, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by BasalCone50181:

If random stuff happens, then I missed it.
That would of been kool.

I found plenty to keep me busy for days, I think alot of the length depends on how fast you blow thru games . . if you're really a good gamer, most games are probably shorter than for average gamers like me who take their time & have fun.

I redid missions to get 100% sync's too, so that takes time. Yes it's shorter than AC2 & ACB but not THAT short that I think it deserves complaint.
Alot depends on the player & their play style/skill.

D.I.D.
12-12-2011, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:

I found plenty to keep me busy for days, I think alot of the length depends on how fast you blow thru games . . if you're really a good gamer, most games are probably shorter than for average gamers like me who take their time & have fun.

I know what's you mean, but I am a player who takes their time. I'll admit to going through AC1 at quite a lick towards the end when it became incredibly repetitive in the later stages, once it became clear that the scraps of information weren't actually providing a lot of genuinely useful hints. I generally love taking in all the details and seeing everything the designers made in a game. I don't think there's a single note or secret in Bioshock 1 or the Dead Space series that I haven't seen.

In ACB in particular, I really wasn't keeping an eye on what I was doing. Sometimes I'd do a story mission, or spend time on the economy, or do some side quests, and I never felt like I was grinding at anything. Importantly, the side quests felt like the story to me, and I liked being able to decide which part of the story to spend time with next. I got the final bonuses like the hidden armour, with plenty of time left to use it, and full control of the city.

By contrast I spent hours and hours in ACR adding the shops, landmarks, items, assassin ranks and so on, and I was heavily aware of how little I'd been playing the story: it was either "campaign" or "the other stuff". There simply wasn't enough actual play to dilute the dullest aspects. I'd spent so long doing chores like assassin management that I hadn't got round to getting the last couple of memoir pages, and therefore I got the armour after the game's end when it was no longer any use.

jmk1999
12-12-2011, 02:13 PM
please post your question in Hints & Tips (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/9011039408). thanks! topic closed. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif