PDA

View Full Version : 4.09 Water Fix!

-HH- Beebop
12-28-2007, 02:52 PM
So you don't like the look of the "new" water in the beta? I didn't. I lost the foam in poorer weather conditions and the water was a featureless black. (conf. settings: water=2 w/ ATI 9800XT)

Here's your solution...(requires separate install of 4.09b1m)
First, rename the il2_core.dll and il2_corep4.dll something else. (I made them xil2_core....)
Then copy/patse the 4.08 il2_core.dll and il2_corep4.dll inot your 4.09b1m install.

Viola! the "old" water returns!

WOO-HOO!

-HH- Beebop
12-28-2007, 02:52 PM
So you don't like the look of the "new" water in the beta? I didn't. I lost the foam in poorer weather conditions and the water was a featureless black. (conf. settings: water=2 w/ ATI 9800XT)

Here's your solution...(requires separate install of 4.09b1m)
First, rename the il2_core.dll and il2_corep4.dll something else. (I made them xil2_core....)
Then copy/patse the 4.08 il2_core.dll and il2_corep4.dll inot your 4.09b1m install.

Viola! the "old" water returns!

WOO-HOO!

Urufu_Shinjiro
12-28-2007, 03:13 PM
I think I read somewhere that this beta was solving the black water problem for some. Also would this not get rid of the new view distances?

TheGozr
12-28-2007, 05:34 PM
Well that doesn't run well on all system i did try this the first time some time ago but loading my older dll made impossible to load a map.. very stuttery

Spinnetti
12-28-2007, 06:34 PM
Odd.. I have a xt1600 and water looks great on the new max settings

-HH- Beebop
12-28-2007, 08:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spinnetti:
Odd.. I have a xt1600 and water looks great on the new max settings </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well right now all I have is that old 9800XT. I have a newer build in the wings so perhaps this fix is only needed for low/mid-range systems.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Urufu_Shinjiro:
I think I read somewhere that this beta was solving the black water problem for some. Also would this not get rid of the new view distances? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
So far I haven't noticed any change in the new view distance but then again perhaps I'm not seeing everything due to the age of my video card.

Waldo.Pepper
12-28-2007, 08:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by -HH- Beebop:
So far I haven't noticed any change in the new view distance but then again perhaps I'm not seeing everything due to the age of my video card. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Arthur did you make this change to the conf.ini file to get the enhanced draw distance?

==

Modify your conf.ini string in the [Render_OpenGL] section
to use this mode:

LandGeom=3 (new mode is ON)

knightflyte
12-28-2007, 08:51 PM
I like the new water. Before I was getting dark water with speckles. (ATI 1650 w/512 mem)

-HH- Beebop
12-28-2007, 10:17 PM
I did some testing.
Urufu_Shinjiro brought up that the draw distance would be compromised by putting in the 4.08 .dll's. Here's what I did

In my separate install I put both sets of .dll's. I renamed the 409's "xil2_core...etc" sop the game wouldn't recognize them. Then I modified the conf. file so that LandGeom=3. I ran the mission on the Slovakia map. Didn't really see any difference from the 408 version of the game. I closed the mission and opened the conf. file and LandGeom was set to 2. So, I renamed the 408 .dll's "yil2_core..etc" and took the "x" off the 409's. Reset the conf file to LandGeom to '3'. Restarted the game and again no difference.
I have drawn these conclusions:

Video cards with less than 512 Mb will not benefit from the new draw distances.

Changing the .dll's will help improve the water textures for 256Mb cards but you will not get the new draw distances as the games conf.ini file will reset to a max of LandGeom=2.

So there you have it. I found a solution but....

What the heck. This is just a beta. Hopefully these issues will be resolved with the final release.

LEBillfish
12-28-2007, 11:58 PM
So using my 6600 card are you saying don't waste my time resetting Graphics settings?

JG52Uther
12-29-2007, 02:49 AM
From the readme:
* Added a new mode for increased visibility distance.
Visibility increased from 36 km to 72km
under "Clear" and "Good" weather conditions.

Note: This mode is not optimized for performance
(freezes and low fps are possible on low-end systems)
This mode is recommended for fast CPUs & powerful video
cards such as Nvidia 8800 series, ATI X1800 series or better.
With 512 MB of video RAM.

This new feature is available only in "Perfect" game graphics mode.

So I think if you do not have a card with 512mb video ram you might struggle.
When I installed the patch the new setting was automatically on as well,so if anyone with lesser cards is having performance issues,you might want to check that.

altstiff
01-05-2008, 03:06 PM
No matter what I do "Perfect" is still greyed out. Running OpenGL BTW!

Urufu_Shinjiro
01-05-2008, 07:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by altstiff:
No matter what I do "Perfect" is still greyed out. Running OpenGL BTW! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For perfect mode you must have set in 1l2setup the following: opengl, a 32bit resolution, and stencil buffer on. Then perfect will be available.

altstiff
01-05-2008, 07:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Urufu_Shinjiro:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by altstiff:
No matter what I do "Perfect" is still greyed out. Running OpenGL BTW! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For perfect mode you must have set in 1l2setup the following: opengl, a 32bit resolution, and stencil buffer on. Then perfect will be available. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, I'm even more perplexed. I have all those enabled. Still greyed out....

Urufu_Shinjiro
01-05-2008, 08:17 PM
Hmm, try opening conf.ini with notepad and scroll down to [render opengl] section, change hardwareshaders to hardwareshader=1. Save and fly a quick mission. see if it's in perfect mode then. Once you are done go back to conf.ini and see if it is still set to =1.

altstiff
01-05-2008, 08:55 PM
Here is the section of my CFG.INI (running the 409 Beta BTW)....

[Render_OpenGL]
TexQual=3
TexMipFilter=2
TexCompress=0
TexFlags.UseDither=1
TexFlags.UseAlpha=0
TexFlags.UseIndex=0
TexFlags.PolygonStipple=1
TexFlags.UseClampedSprites=0
TexFlags.DrawLandByTriangles=1
TexFlags.UseVertexArrays=1
TexFlags.DisableAPIExtensions=0
TexFlags.ARBMultitextureExt=1
TexFlags.TexEnvCombineExt=1
TexFlags.SecondaryColorExt=1
TexFlags.VertexArrayExt=1
TexFlags.ClipHintExt=0
TexFlags.UsePaletteExt=1
TexFlags.TexAnisotropicExt=1
TexFlags.TexCompressARBExt=1

TexFlags.TexEnvCombine4NV=1
TexFlags.TexEnvCombineDot3=1
TexFlags.DepthClampNV=1
TexFlags.SeparateSpecular=1
TexFlags.TextureShaderNV=1

HardwareShaders=1

Shadows=2
Specular=2
SpecularLight=2
DiffuseLight=2
DynamicalLights=1
MeshDetail=2
VisibilityDistance=3

Sky=2
Forest=3
LandShading=3
LandDetails=2

LandGeom=3
TexLarge=1
TexLandQual=3
TexLandLarge=1

VideoSetupId=3
Water=4
Effects=1
ForceShaders1x=0

TypeClouds=1

PolygonOffsetFactor=-0.15
PolygonOffsetUnits=-3.0

stansdds
01-06-2008, 04:51 AM

For perfect mode you must have set in 1l2setup the following: opengl, a 32bit resolution, and stencil buffer on. Then perfect will be available. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, I'm even more perplexed. I have all those enabled. Still greyed out.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check the options in the IL2 profile in the video card control panel. Make sure "Extension limit" is turned off.

Xiolablu3
01-06-2008, 05:32 AM
Try these settings for the ones in question to get perfect showing.

[Render_OpenGL]
TexQual=3
TexMipFilter=2
TexCompress=0
TexFlags.UseDither=1
TexFlags.UseAlpha=0
TexFlags.UseIndex=0
TexFlags.ClipHintExt=0
TexFlags.UsePaletteExt=0

TexFlags.DepthClampNV=1

HardwareShaders=1

Perfect shows up with these settings on my 7900GS.

jurinko
01-06-2008, 06:54 AM
For dll swapping you do not need separate install. Old dlls do not have the 72km visibility option.

TheGhostFiles
01-06-2008, 07:03 AM
No doubt, the MAPS are beautiful. However, even on high-end systems (P4 x1950Pro...) you will have to reduce ALL of the Quality Settings to run it. (Try Pacific Islands for example). The result is you have a game once greatly enjoyed with all the beautiful settings, to a game not so enjoyable .

However, if you make the Patch 9m with the OPTION SETTING (for example: Perfect Plus) to allow for increased 72mi visibility... then that might work. So you allow the MAPS, but at the PERFECT settings in 8m. Otherwise, most people will have the sim running with no AA and AF... That will be bad for the game.

Can a new Video Setting be done?

GF

altstiff
01-06-2008, 01:47 PM
To all, thanks for the help! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

stansdds, you nailed it. In the NVidia CPL had "Extension Limit" set to ON. Now off and now PERFECT! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

I have been around here a while now and this community (IL-2)is by far the best. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

ComradeBadinov
01-06-2008, 11:02 PM
I'm not having a problem with how the water looks or running in perfect. I have a problem on the Slovakia and Besarabia maps when I over fly rivers, my fps drops in half.

AF = 16x
Gamma = on
AA Mode = Overide Application
AA = 16x
AA Transparency = Supersample
Conf Tex Clamp = Off
Error Rep = Off
Extension limit = Off
Force Mips = None
GPU Accel = Single Display
SLI Performance = Alternate Frame ren #1
Stereo Display = Vert Interlace
Aniso Sample Opt = Off
Negative LOD bias =Clamp
Quality = Quality
Trilinear Optim = Off
Threaded Optim = Off
Triple Buffering = On
Aniso Mip Filter= Off
Verical Sync = On

conf.ini

[Render_OpenGL]
TexQual=3
TexMipFilter=2
TexCompress=0
TexFlags.UseDither=0
TexFlags.UseAlpha=0
TexFlags.UseIndex=0
TexFlags.ClipHintExt=0
TexFlags.UsePaletteExt=0

TexFlags.DepthClampNV=1

HardwareShaders=1

Shadows=2
Specular=2
SpecularLight=2
DiffuseLight=2
DynamicalLights=1
MeshDetail=2
VisibilityDistance=3

Sky=2
Forest=2
LandShading=3
LandDetails=2

LandGeom=2
TexLarge=1
TexLandQual=3
TexLandLarge=1

VideoSetupId=3
Water=3
Effects=2
ForceShaders1x=0

PolygonOffsetFactor=-0.15
PolygonOffsetUnits=-3.0

Computer system.
See Signature........

I'm running nvidia forceware drivers 169.13 because the new drivers cannot force AA except by using Global settings, and I don't like to mess with my other games, I use application control in some of those.

I'm going to go back and make sure 4.08 does not do the same thing, I just never had that problem before. I'm also getting some system freezes with 4.09, but I can go to desktop and back to game and the freeze is gone. Strange.......

aka ~BeoWolf~

zardozid
01-07-2008, 12:04 PM
Duz anyone know if "before and after" screen shots have been posted by anyone? I have looked around a little bit but I have not seen any screen shots showing the "long distance effect"...

I have enabled the feature in my config file and I don't seem to be taken a "big hit" in frame rates...I do not have a high-end card, I'm running a XFX7600GT with 2 gigs of RAM...I would like to see what an 8000 series card looks like at "long range" so I can see if the "new long range feature" is working (for me LOL)...

thanks

TheGhostFiles
01-07-2008, 04:19 PM
Well, after some tweeking, I got the 9beta running real smooth with 4xAA, 32xAF, and quality settings. However, the light blue water looks like ****. You see BANDING, and Texture Shapes.

Using the old water (Dark Blue), set the GAMA setting a bit lighter, and you get beautiful deep blue color without BANDING...

GF

P4E 3.4 @3.5ghz
Asus P4P800E Deluxe
2gb Corsair Micron 2336 Ram
WD 2500KS Sata
SBlive
ATI x1950Pro 256mb

If I get time, I'll post some screenies