PDA

View Full Version : The Assassination of Abu'l Nuquoud. (The Merchant King)

Nazameidos
09-08-2009, 07:54 AM
I was playing Assassin's Creed and one of the informers says that there is a secret passage that leads to the Merchant King. After that I ran to the building the party is to take place. And I discovered that the building is "AssassinProof" You can't climb up on the roof without entering the building from the gates. Is the secret passage ment to make it go faster for me to to chase him down and kill him? Or is it so I can come up BEHIND him and actually kill him without him knowing I'm there? I believe it's impossible to climb to the roof from the outside, or if it even exists a "secret Passage" in the way it gets described from the informer. If anyone has an answer please tell me... and if anyone actually finds a way from the outside that would be cool too.

Nazameidos
09-08-2009, 07:54 AM
I was playing Assassin's Creed and one of the informers says that there is a secret passage that leads to the Merchant King. After that I ran to the building the party is to take place. And I discovered that the building is "AssassinProof" You can't climb up on the roof without entering the building from the gates. Is the secret passage ment to make it go faster for me to to chase him down and kill him? Or is it so I can come up BEHIND him and actually kill him without him knowing I'm there? I believe it's impossible to climb to the roof from the outside, or if it even exists a "secret Passage" in the way it gets described from the informer. If anyone has an answer please tell me... and if anyone actually finds a way from the outside that would be cool too.

Azugo
09-08-2009, 08:35 AM
First of all, welcome to the forums!

I've never tried to find this 'secret passage'. But I have killed the Merchant King from behind before with nobody noticing until I completed the Assassination.
What I did was, I stealth-killed all re Guards shooting the innocents. Then I found a place where I could climb up to. Then, I got ontop of the building behind Abu'l, slowly climbing down the walls, then took him out with my hidden blade. His personal Guard started chasing me then...

It happened something like that... I did it over a year ago so my memory is a bit blurred.

mpanasiuk
09-08-2009, 08:48 AM
i just went forward and left, then i climbed on that building, then i jumped from it near abul's back. hidden blade, and nobody saw me before i've killed him.

mpanasiuk
09-08-2009, 08:48 AM
that's it

Azugo
09-08-2009, 09:09 AM
Mpanasluk, I'm not a forum manager or anything but I can tell you this... Please don't double-post. That's what the 'Edit' button is for. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Cheers mate.

Nazameidos
09-08-2009, 10:05 AM
Just minutes after I posted this I found out that you can climb the little tower to the left and then up on the roof. So I could come behind him. But there is still no possible way to come up on the roof from the outside

Azugo
09-08-2009, 10:56 AM
Yeah, that's pretty much how I did it.
Also, congratulations on finding it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

KZarr
09-08-2009, 12:47 PM
You can also use the statue in the middle to get to him

thekyle0
09-08-2009, 01:50 PM
But when you use the statue he sees you and starts running. But when he runs, if you're quick enough, you can climb up to the LOF point of the palace and wait for him to walk by the hay bale then jump down, climb from the hay cart, and finish him off. soemtimes that patrol of guards is near the stack and this plan gets screwed by that but usually it works pretty smoothly.

Edengoth
09-08-2009, 07:51 PM
You can't hide in the bale after the target has spotted you. You're perma-exposed until he's dead.

thekyle0
09-08-2009, 07:55 PM
You don't hide in it. Just jump into it to reach where he is quickly. You wait on building until he is walking by it. It's convient because if you get him right away in that spot (and if you've cleared the guards on the rooftops around the streets near the palace) you can run under the nearby trees, quickly onto a building, and then lose any pursuers by jumping across the rafters in the nearby market tunnel thing. It's like the Souq only it forms a "T" rather than a square.

And lol at the avatar. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Edengoth
09-08-2009, 07:59 PM
Oh, i misread. Thought you had said wait IN the bale of hay until he passes by, then pop out. My mistake.