PDA

View Full Version : Excellent resource for Japanese interiors

MoritzJGOne
09-20-2004, 01:15 AM
I hope that a light bomber flyable is added as a patch. This book would be an excellent starting point. I wonder were the Japanese model companies Hasegawa and Tmiya get their data?

The book 'Japanese Aircraft Interriors 1941-45'by Robert Mikesh - Monogram publisher

This book is written by the former head of the NASM. It covers just about all of the Japanese aircraft. For each type there are the following:
1. Photos - period and extant aircraft;

2. Cut-away drawings on many types, including Judy, Val, & Jill.

3. Close up photos of the various types of Japanese instruments, removed from the panels.

4. Drawings of all instrument panels with all guages identified by type and placement.

5. Color notes.

MoritzJGOne
09-20-2004, 01:15 AM
I hope that a light bomber flyable is added as a patch. This book would be an excellent starting point. I wonder were the Japanese model companies Hasegawa and Tmiya get their data?

The book 'Japanese Aircraft Interriors 1941-45'by Robert Mikesh - Monogram publisher

This book is written by the former head of the NASM. It covers just about all of the Japanese aircraft. For each type there are the following:
1. Photos - period and extant aircraft;

2. Cut-away drawings on many types, including Judy, Val, & Jill.

3. Close up photos of the various types of Japanese instruments, removed from the panels.

4. Drawings of all instrument panels with all guages identified by type and placement.

5. Color notes.

major.kudou
09-20-2004, 11:44 AM
Do you know "Aero Detail series"?
(Published by Dainppon Kaiga)

This is also good book.
It is written in both English and Japanese.
I recommend you this.
If it can get, it will be good in seeing at once.

...I'm Japanese.
I am sorry to be poor at English.

XyZspineZyX
09-20-2004, 12:57 PM
Mikesh's book is out of print, VERY hard to find, and when you do find it, expect to have to pony up over $100 for it.

SkyChimp
09-20-2004, 07:01 PM
If you want any of the Aero-Detail books, get them now while they last. That lines of books is going out of print. Many of them are already hard to get.

Regards,
SkyChimp
http://members.cox.net/us.fighters/SkyChimp_flying.jpg

TimTam27
09-21-2004, 01:57 AM
I would recommend the "Maru Mechanic" series if you want info on Japanese aircraft interiors. These are Japanese language books but they are worth getting just for the pictures. Easy to purchase through Hobby Link Japan too.
If you want great photo essays on particular Japanese aircraft then the best buy would have to be the "Famous Aircaft of the World" series also from Japan. These are filled with photos and profiles with most of the (Japanese) text confined to captions. And they only cost around US$9.

Waldo.Pepper
09-24-2004, 09:52 PM
I have them in PDF format.