PDA

View Full Version : Forum Layout

Murcuseo
05-31-2010, 12:41 PM
Is it just me or does this forum really suck?

Why is everything clumped together in one massive untanglable web.. I mean... 179 pages for christ sake lol

Personally I feel the forum should be sorted with sub-forums for each of the AC releases. Plus each sub-forum should have the appropriate stickied discussions so they're actually of some use!

If you have any suggestion please type them out and I'll submit them in a PM to one of the mods http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

AMuppetMatt
05-31-2010, 12:44 PM
Evidently great minds DO think alike... I was thinking of doing the exact same thing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

El_Sjietah
05-31-2010, 01:01 PM
The current amount of activity doesn't warrant subforums tbh.

JohnConnor2012
05-31-2010, 01:25 PM
The trouble with that is that perrenial topics about AC back story require references to both AC1 and AC2 - and no doubt future expansions - so you're either likely to get redundancies or everything lumped into the most recent release's forum anyway.

zgubilici
05-31-2010, 10:39 PM
This discussion has been repeated a few times in the past in these forums and you have already PM-ed me, so let's clarify a few things:
<LI> The forums as of this moment have so many pages because these are the discussion forums for the entire AC community, for the existing games and they also represent the feedback and wishlist platform for the upcoming AC games
<LI> Also, there are many repeated threads, largely because forum members do not use the search function to find existing threads on topics - sometimes the function doesn't work and that is why we close such threads and redirect to existing ones. Needless to say, this adds up in terms of forum pages. Periodic cleaning of old threads is done and it will come up in this forum as well soon.
<LI>Stickies are always ignored especially by new users. The stickied threads have actually been made more efficient by using the compendium threads such as the "Useful links and information ones". FMs and CMs are always emphasizing the need to have less stickies up there, so that is one of the reasons you will not see a first page full of stickied threads.
<LI>There are three subforums at this point - this is the AC general discussion forum, there is the AC hints and tips forum and there is the AC technical help forum. With the release of each game, we request the creation of an additional forum for each game - sometimes they are approved, sometimes the need for additional subforums is not seen as warranted. Each Ubisoft official forum has a different type of layout, depending on how the vision for each community is.
Specifically for AC, the Community Managers wanted each of the forums to cover both games, whether it is General Discussion, Hints and Tips or Technical Help.
As usual, we will request creations of new forums for the upcoming games and we will see at that point if there will be approval for more forums in the AC community.

I will close this thread at this point because there have been discussions in the past about the forum layout and this is again the clarification that we can make at this point. If more changes will be made, you will see them at the release of upcoming games. If you have more questions, we can discuss more in PM.

Thanks.