PDA

View Full Version : how cool is the horse!

Matt_156
11-28-2007, 09:05 PM
the horseback riding is the most fun & realistic i've ever experienced in a video game! rivaled only by shadow of the colossus i think. my favorite horse is the black one with white mane.

Matt_156
11-28-2007, 09:05 PM
the horseback riding is the most fun & realistic i've ever experienced in a video game! rivaled only by shadow of the colossus i think. my favorite horse is the black one with white mane.

Lazybeans
11-28-2007, 09:06 PM
I love killing people when you're on your horse. XD

Well...I was actually watching someone do that...I don't even have the game yet... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

STILL! Horses are cool!

dirtybird21
11-28-2007, 09:07 PM
Coolio Julio....

Horse riding is pretty fun... Only problem is when i fight on my horse, It doesn't make any noise when i hit them, I mean they'll bleed and fall over and die, Just no noise at all... So i almost never fight on the horse, I would if it wasn't like that though...

Kaxen6
11-28-2007, 09:14 PM
I love the horse. So fun to ride.

My sister and I are horse-nuts, but my sister constantly complains Altair is dismounting all wrong most of the time. xD

midna1
11-30-2007, 05:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Matt_156:
the horseback riding is the most fun & realistic i've ever experienced in a video game! rivaled only by shadow of the colossus i think. my favorite horse is the black one with white mane. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would have liked SotC controls for the horses. So you cycle through trot, canter, gallop. Instead of holding the sticks forward all the time. Then the horse does the work not the player and you dont get thumb fatigue.

Cerus
11-30-2007, 11:09 AM
The horses are one thing I love about this game. Can't say I've ever seen any more realistic ones in any game; Altair even moves with the horse.

Call me shallow but small things in a game makes me happy. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

And I love the black horses the most just like in real life.

Destrier
11-30-2007, 12:00 PM
I love the way if you leave the horse it comes wondering after you, it kind of makes it feel more "yours".

I also like if you have a fight dismounted near the horse your horse kicks the guy you are fighting sometimes http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Can the horses die? I think they just run off if they get hit no? Bit weak...

Geinref
11-30-2007, 12:43 PM
I feel bad for the horse sometimes though cause it follows you and even attacks some of the guards for u and then you take another horse after all that. Can't say that im not guilty.

AirRon_2K7
11-30-2007, 12:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FernieG:
I feel bad for the horse sometimes though cause it follows you and even attacks some of the guards for u and then you take another horse after all that. Can't say that im not guilty. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha, I feel so bad about that! Also when I just come out to run around, then I go back in... the horse just stares at me as I walk away... poor thing.

Micheal_Yar
11-30-2007, 01:20 PM
What I like about the horse is that, when you enter a city and you leave the horse. After your assassination and you come out of the city the SAME HORSE comes towards you. That's just too cool

Tela
11-30-2007, 01:26 PM
The horse also warns you of danger. Like, if a soldier is coming up behind you, it'll cry out(I'd say whiny, but it's a bit more of a scream in this)

IanShadow
11-30-2007, 02:29 PM
My girlfriend said that the horses do not run corretly nor do they jump correctly. They have something wrong with their knees. She notices these things since she rides and takes care of horses at 2 farms.

Personally I thought that the horses were ok. Once I had the ability to zip to the location I stopped using them.

Tela
11-30-2007, 02:39 PM
I have multiple horses(more than five) and I'd have to say that there is nothing(or very little) wrong with their knees. If anything, the animation pops a bit on such, but, when they're walking, everything is fine.

DreamerM
12-01-2007, 03:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tela:
I have multiple horses(more than five) and I'd have to say that there is nothing(or very little) wrong with their knees. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That'll settle it for me. It's familairity that makes humans hard to animate: we know instictively when one's moving in a way it shouldn't.

Tela the Horse Expert has spoken. http://media.ubi.com/us/forum_images/gf-glomp.gif

wepeel
12-01-2007, 04:39 AM
Have to say I find the riding part awesome as well. The way the horses move, even little things like when you turn them or get ready to jump, all just seems spot on. The sound is good as well.
It was so atmospheric actually that even when I got the ability to fast-move between locations, I'd still choose to ride through the Kingdom.

Only weird part I can think of is that sometimes the horse I was on would randomly change colour when I zoned from one area to another - and that's a nitpick really.

stix489
12-01-2007, 05:15 AM
I love the horse animations...they are so well done and so smooth! I have 3DS MAX...the software used to make the game...and I can tell you, that it's not easy to do these animations...and they have pulled it off perfectly! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Todesengelles
12-01-2007, 12:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DreamerM:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tela:
I have multiple horses(more than five) and I'd have to say that there is nothing(or very little) wrong with their knees. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That'll settle it for me. It's familairity that makes humans hard to animate: we know instictively when one's moving in a way it shouldn't.

Tela the Horse Expert has spoken. http://media.ubi.com/us/forum_images/gf-glomp.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have three horses and have been riding for nearly eight years. I'm very very picky about the horses in games..... these horses are near perfect. The canter is a bit odd, but I think it's just because the horse is really strung out compared to my preferred more collected canter. lol. *Dressage-fiend* But the gaits are correct, the MUSCLES in the horses move. Seriously, watch from the side when the horses rear, watch the muscles in their hindquarters tense. It's excellent. Wicked props to AC's team.

hospitaller1
12-01-2007, 12:36 PM
i love how your horse follows you. it likes you! but why oh why does it go and a snails pace when blending? i wish you could trample people.

Imaginatio
12-01-2007, 01:55 PM
You can trample people... kinda.

Horseback fighting is awesome. Ride into a column of crusaders in the Kingdom and run your sword through a few guys, turn around and make another pass, repeat until all are dead... awesome.

Matt_156
12-01-2007, 05:21 PM
i can't even play oblivion anymore cause shadowmere looks like a blow up doll by comparison =|

dirtybird21
12-01-2007, 05:22 PM
I know what you mean lol... Every game i play i feel like my character is a robot because of how well Altair/Horses move...

Dunno
12-01-2007, 11:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Matt_156:
the horseback riding is the most fun & realistic i've ever experienced in a video game! rivaled only by shadow of the colossus i think. my favorite horse is the black one with white mane. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please don't tell me you are one of those guys who "collects" horses in the Kingdom. that is so creepy. ..

FatRascal
12-02-2007, 05:31 AM
I agree - very impressed by the horses, and like the earlier poster, I'm somebody who is impressed by little details in games like that, and the cages with chickens in around the markets etc.

I tend to choose the grey - I always think Altair would ride an Arab horse - Grey, light and fast.

Sep.

Rufus_Da_Doofus
12-02-2007, 07:49 AM
I kinda tend to just use the nearest horse, anyone else like me or am i just weird?

Zaltair263
12-02-2007, 08:20 AM
I think it would have been better to have Altair have his own horse, it would have helped to create a bond between the character and his steed like in Shadow of the Colossus... a game in which i also think had the better horse animation, i recon it's the best in-game horse around.

Shadow of the Colossus Horse
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc9GoOObsmc

reaktor
12-03-2007, 04:20 PM
the horse riding is cool.

not nearly as cool as GUN'S though.

much better than the **** SOTC horse, i dunno why the hell people are saying that was good.

AC horse riding is let down by it being illegal to GALLOP... man what a ****ing stupid idea there ubi.. next time dont bother programming a horse if we cant run on it.

But yeah, GUN's horse is the best horse in any game.

dirtybird21
12-03-2007, 04:22 PM
There has already been reasons for that stated before...

And you DO know that on a horse, You can break the line of sight in little more than a second right?

Matt_156
12-03-2007, 04:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dunno:

Please don't tell me you are one of those guys who "collects" horses in the Kingdom. that is so creepy. .. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
how do you collect horses?

DeAdLy2323
12-03-2007, 05:11 PM
isn't the whiter ones faster then the darker ones? i was on private chat on xbl with someone and they tested out and said the whiter one was faster...could be lying or ******ed

ACfanboy12
12-04-2007, 12:41 AM
AC should have been more like SOTC... a masterpiece rather then a game... like the 9 assassinations should be fantastic like the collosus fights.

NOW THAT WOULD BE AWSOME!!!!

zeroblackstar
12-04-2007, 03:32 PM
theres a long line of pilgrims walking two by two when you enter the Jarusalem area... Charging through them on the horse always puts a little smile on my face http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif its like watching dominoes!

horses look incredibly and the animations are pretty spot on, especially when doing sharp turns.