PDA

View Full Version : is assassins creed still considered a trilogy?

edzilla_551
09-30-2011, 01:08 AM
since revelations is the forth main installment, does this brake the trilogy or is acIII going to be the main third game, im pretty confused but maybe it will be a pentology spanning across 5 games, what do you guys think?

edzilla_551
09-30-2011, 01:08 AM
since revelations is the forth main installment, does this brake the trilogy or is acIII going to be the main third game, im pretty confused but maybe it will be a pentology spanning across 5 games, what do you guys think?

Stowdace
09-30-2011, 01:34 AM
I would prefer AC3 feature Desmond as the main character and a conclusion to the trilogy, seems fitting considering Revelations concludes Altair's and Ezio's stories, leaving the rest for Desmond.

AC2, Brotherhood, and Revelations could be considered a trilogy within a trilogy.

Randy 355
09-30-2011, 01:37 AM
Yes. I still consider it a Trilogy. In fact, it's a trilogy in a trilogy.

"Yo dawg, we heard you like Assassin's Creed. We put Assassin's Creed in yo Assassin's Creed, so you can play Assassin's Creed while you play Assassin's Creed! You dig?

Also, Inception reference.

Anyone remember back before Brotherhood was announced someone saying ubisoft planned to make 5 games? Guess it was true.

Edit: Damn, you Assassin'd me Stowdace.

itsamea-mario
09-30-2011, 01:42 AM
Yeah otherwise it's a quintology or something.

roostersrule2
09-30-2011, 01:45 AM
Well I heard ubisoft say they could make 35 of these games if they wanted to and I've also heard them talk about assassins creed 10 maybe having something to do with Ezio and Altair (that dosn't mean Ezio and Altair will be in AC 10)

Iskander_Estel
09-30-2011, 02:37 AM
Brotherhood and Revelations are like expansions for AC2, at least that's how I see it, the same for Altair Chronicles and Bloodlines are expansions for AC1, so yes I still consider the serie as a trilogy.

edzilla_551
09-30-2011, 05:19 AM
i think the ac3 ancestor should have only one game, ezio being in three games is important to the story and his role is huge, but i want this series to end well http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

CRUDFACE
09-30-2011, 05:43 AM
I don't since they've been calling each spin off game a main installment ever since Brotherhood game came out. See, if it was a spin off, then the story would jsut tell you something you don't really need to know, like how Altair wrote the codex.

Brotherhood and Revelations are essential, especially Revelations, to understanding the story. That and side things and spin offs are outside the progression for the series. These aren't.

I stopped thinking of this as a trilogy and more of a series that will continue for as long as people want it and they can make money with it. That and AC is Ubisoft's biggest money maker right now

NuclearFuss
09-30-2011, 11:04 AM
I wonder if they'll re-release the Ezio trilogy as a boxset? <STRIKE>Seems the kind of money-grabbing thing Ubisoft would do</STRIKE> Because Ubi are just trying to make things more convenient for us http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

lukaszep
09-30-2011, 10:58 PM
I'd say yes, because this story will still end with AC3 as far as we know. But it looks like they'll continue the franchise after AC3. Who knows maybe AC3 will have it's own trilogy and then go onto AC4.

CRUDFACE
10-01-2011, 12:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lukaszep:
I'd say yes, because this story will still end with AC3 as far as we know. But it looks like they'll continue the franchise after AC3. Who knows maybe AC3 will have it's own trilogy and then go onto AC4. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I heard AC3 was going to be another cycle, so...