PDA

View Full Version : Long rant...thanks for reading. **SPOILER ALERT**

NYSP0186
07-07-2010, 07:29 AM
In my opinion, UBI succeeded and did a great job at developing Archer & Kestrel. They really had something going with these 2 characters and could have possibly included them in future Splinter Cells, then they write in the script that Archer & Kestrel are to be killed?

Their argument will be: "We wanted you to hate Kobin so much...blah blah...as you played with Sam Fisher".

I have a feeling I'm not out of the ordinary when I say, I have played the solo player from start to finish maybe 4 times. The only replayability for me is Co-op, and like someone else before me said, I hate playing as a "Dead" character.

I know it's been asked before...but, UBI what were you thinking!?!?

They really need to announce a new expansion pack or something soon, or I like many other players who have voiced their concerns will be looking for something new.

I would like to think that a big corporation like UBI does take the time to listen to their customers feedback.

There were minor clues that maybe Archer & Kestrel are still alive, but nothing confirmed. Some of these include:

1) The whole goggle thing on Archer & Kestrel's dead bodies in the solo player, when neither of them were wearing them when they battled each other

2) Kobin has a silencer on his gun, but the shot heard is clearly not a silenced gun, and

3) The final battle never happened and is only Kobin's version he tells to Reed so he doesn't get in trouble for not killing Archer & Kestrel like he was supposed too

Anyway...that's all I have. As I said in my subject title thanks for reading.

NYSP0186
07-07-2010, 07:29 AM
In my opinion, UBI succeeded and did a great job at developing Archer & Kestrel. They really had something going with these 2 characters and could have possibly included them in future Splinter Cells, then they write in the script that Archer & Kestrel are to be killed?

Their argument will be: "We wanted you to hate Kobin so much...blah blah...as you played with Sam Fisher".

I have a feeling I'm not out of the ordinary when I say, I have played the solo player from start to finish maybe 4 times. The only replayability for me is Co-op, and like someone else before me said, I hate playing as a "Dead" character.

I know it's been asked before...but, UBI what were you thinking!?!?

They really need to announce a new expansion pack or something soon, or I like many other players who have voiced their concerns will be looking for something new.

I would like to think that a big corporation like UBI does take the time to listen to their customers feedback.

There were minor clues that maybe Archer & Kestrel are still alive, but nothing confirmed. Some of these include:

1) The whole goggle thing on Archer & Kestrel's dead bodies in the solo player, when neither of them were wearing them when they battled each other

2) Kobin has a silencer on his gun, but the shot heard is clearly not a silenced gun, and

3) The final battle never happened and is only Kobin's version he tells to Reed so he doesn't get in trouble for not killing Archer & Kestrel like he was supposed too

Anyway...that's all I have. As I said in my subject title thanks for reading.

raykmy
07-07-2010, 07:34 AM
well, clearly the 'unsilenced' part was for dramatic purposes, even before playing co-op (never did, couldn't find partners), I hated Kobin in single player the first i encountered him, so... no need for the dead bodies of the 2 good man to make players hate him.

NYSP0186
07-16-2010, 06:45 AM
Yup, I can definitely agree with that.

Maybe in the sequel Kobin will say he did everything for honorable intentions and he really is a good guy, you never know with these guys!

Molekulix
07-20-2010, 07:12 AM
Archer and Kestrel are empty dolls, the only you could remember of them is their appearance. Even their phrases after killing were cliches from old movies about tough guys who fight for justice. BTW, I dont know, why we still call Archer+Kestrel a "coop", since we can play all these maps solo, and succeeed even better then with player, if we are connected to dumb one. And it doesnt seem to be cooperation at all, since most plaers never even try to synchronise their melee in defficult situations or use flashbang on time. Here are no more assistance with jump to infiltrate difficult places, like in cooperation of precious series and so on. Sticky cams are as useless, as sticky bombs and even less. Come on guys, dont try to presuade yourself, that multiplayer (I dont call it coop) appears to be better that singleplaye in SCC.

strelok0017
07-20-2010, 05:13 PM
Only thing worse than Kobin was UBISOFT killing Lambert. For me, he was the soul of every Splinter Cell game and at the end of Double Agent you can choose to kill Jamie Washington, so its logical Lambert would be alive in Conviction.

He better be the boss of third echelon in Splinter Cell 6 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

NYSP0186
07-20-2010, 09:36 PM
Wait Wait Wait...who better be the boss in Splinter Cell 6?

roelbartstra
07-21-2010, 03:24 AM
I think Ubisoft created a unique experience by making you kill each other at the end of the coop.

They will come up with some new great characters in the next splinter cell.

Everyone I know who played the coop, loved the ending. 2 great characters died, and it wasn't only story, but also added different gameplay.

Sinfull661
07-21-2010, 10:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NYSP0186:
In my opinion, UBI succeeded and did a great job at developing Archer & Kestrel. They really had something going with these 2 characters and could have possibly included them in future Splinter Cells, then they write in the script that Archer & Kestrel are to be killed? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I agree Kestrel http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/inlove.gif was the awesomenessed but Archer was pretty cool to especially because the're not exactly the same

strelok0017
07-21-2010, 12:43 PM
lol am I the only one here that wants Lambert back in SC 6? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

raykmy
07-22-2010, 05:42 AM
well, too bad, lambert is dead. maybe sam fisher could be the head of 3E

NYSP0186
07-22-2010, 02:43 PM
Well, I prefer Grim to Coste...and I preferred Lambert to Grim. So no, your not the only one strelok.

ForceReconNeo
07-27-2010, 06:49 AM
why tf do people study video game stories? theyre all the same, you get a gun and you shoot people. end of story. so lame.

NYSP0186
07-27-2010, 09:04 AM
When the plane is taking off in the final mission, if you look closely there are 2 people in the cockpit. I wonder who Kobin's Co-Pilot is...

On a side note, I don't think Kobin intended to kill Archer and Kestrel (if that really is what happened). I think he (and his mysterious Co-Pilot) was just going to take off without them, but he couldn't because the landing gear wouldn't close.