PDA

View Full Version : User defined keys not remembered...

Ed6269
04-03-2007, 11:29 AM
I set up my controls, and all the user-defined keys, and the sim seems to not keep them. I'm thinking it might have to do with the fact that I've added some things like the dynamic camp generators, and so forth. How can I keep my settings?

Ed6269
04-03-2007, 11:29 AM
I set up my controls, and all the user-defined keys, and the sim seems to not keep them. I'm thinking it might have to do with the fact that I've added some things like the dynamic camp generators, and so forth. How can I keep my settings?

FoolTrottel
04-03-2007, 11:39 AM
Check if you've got sufficient rights on all files subfolders in the \users folder.

And if the files in there are not marked Read-only.

M_Gunz
04-03-2007, 11:44 AM
Copy from your IL2 folder wherever it is (mine is e:\1946, I like simple) the file conf.ini
Open that with WordPad and you can change there or through IL2.
But always back your changes up to unique filenames like Apr_03_1344_Conf.ini

major_setback
04-03-2007, 11:53 AM
They won't be kept if you create a new pilot (I don't think so anyway). In order to do that:

I think this is what I did but I'm unsure....
You need to set the controls the way you like with a pilot name that you can easily recognize, the go to the 'Users' folder in the main game directory and replace the 'default' file there with the one you created (ie. copy your created file and rename it 'default'). Backup the original somewhere else first though.

Edit: I found this post saved on my comp:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
You should have a 'default.ini' file in your 'Users' folder inside your game folder. If you open that in notepad, you'll notice that all the key definitions are listed there.

When you put your custom key definitions into this file, then every time you create a new user profile, you'll start with this default key mapping. Quite handy really.

Consequently, the keymappings for a profile that's already been created are in 'settings.ini' under the folder named after said pilot (inside Users). You can modify this likewise.

No need to enter the game to map keys.

My notes (major_setback's):

Set the controls (in-game; by creating a campaign) as you want to have them. Make sure you name the campaign so that it's easy to find!

Change settings in the default config file in the USERS folder (in the ˜campaigns' folder):

Copy the following from the settings in the campaign you did earlier:

Copy and paste into the default config file all that lies between ˜[HotKey pilot]' and ˜[difficulty]'. Note http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif I'm not 100% sure of this!! I'm only 98% sure that it was ˜difficulty' that I copied until)
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know if any of the above are the correct procedure, but I hope the information might help you with your problem. Please backup everything before changing anything.

[Installing 1946 has written over your 'default' file in the users folder.]

Ed6269
04-03-2007, 12:08 PM
Thanks, and thanks.

Ed6269
04-03-2007, 12:20 PM
I type the new function in and it will apply?
For example:
Shift 1 = prop pitch 1.
Ect.
?

major_setback
04-03-2007, 03:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ed6269:
I type the new function in and it will apply?
For example:
Shift 1 = prop pitch 1.
Ect.
? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think it's that simple, though I might be wrong. I assume you mean typing the commands directly into the default user file.

TO GET EVERY CAMPAIGN/PILOT TO HAVE THE SAME CONTROLS ASSIGNED AS DEFAULT:

<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">You could try the following, I Just tried this and it seems to work at least partly:

-Create a new pilot in the *pilot* section on the main page in the game (by clicking on *new
pilot*).
-Change all the name of the pilot by clicking on the 'name', 'callsign' and 'Last name' sections of that pilot. call him ex. 'reset' in all three sections (you must do this directly after creating the pilot or the name wont show in the user files).
-Create a campaingn by clicking on 'Pilot Career' and after that start the career by flying the first mission. When you've done that go to the 'controls' section on the main page and change the control settings to how you want them.
-fly a mission in the campaign again, and if the controls havn't changed then change them from in the mission (presss Esc, then 'controls').
- Exit the game and go to your 'USERS' file in the main game folder.
- Look for the file with the pilot name you just created.
- Open the file and click on the 'SETTINGS' file, or open it using wordpad (right click on it, then chose 'open with' and then chose 'wordpad').
- Copy everything in that file between '[Hotkey Pilot]' and '[Difficulty]'. (these are at about the fourth line in the file, and about fifteen lines from the bottom).
- open the 'default' file in the *USERS' folder, select everything from [Hotkey Pilot] to [Difficulty] and delete it. Paste in your copied files from your newly created pilot.

Thats all. Back-up the 'default' file PLEASE before starting any of this at all.

Note: Probably only pilots created after this change will be affected.</span>

As someone else said you might have to also change relevent settings in the 'conf' file, though I think that that is mainly for game settings rather than controls, you might have a look at it though.

Lurch1962
04-03-2007, 04:42 PM
I have three .ini files in my &lt;Users\&gt; folder:
settings.ini
settings-hatviews.ini
settings-newview.ini

Whenever I want to change from "default" views on a hat to my NewView settings, or vice versa, I save the appropriate file as "settings.ini", which overwrites the existing one.

--Lurch--

major_setback
04-04-2007, 12:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lurch1962:
I have three .ini files in my &lt;Users\&gt; folder:
settings.ini
settings-hatviews.ini
settings-newview.ini

Whenever I want to change from "default" views on a hat to my NewView settings, or vice versa, I save the appropriate file as "settings.ini", which overwrites the existing one.

--Lurch-- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sorry, someone else might help with this, this means no sense att all to me. I'll post a screenshot onf my *users* folder. It is the users folder in the main game folder! Are you sure youv'e got the right folder?

My 'Users' folder, you should make changes in the last file - named 'Default':

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/major-setback/users1.jpg

Lurch1962
04-04-2007, 06:08 PM
Oops! I meant the folder, &lt;..\users\doe\&gt; I'm on-line at work, and obviously can't remember the file structure that well.

Tho thorry, thir! (He thaid with a lithp)

--Lurch--