PDA

View Full Version : Horses at San Marco in AC2

eurozom
05-15-2010, 03:44 PM
This is really a history nerd question...

I was wondering if any reason has ever been given for the famous statues of the 4 horses normally positioned on the terrace of San Marco's cathedral... considering how iconic and famous they are, and how much detail the design team included in the game, it seems really weird for them not to be present in the game.

I mean, the famous Bridge of Sighs was not built yet, so when I walked around the corner of the Doge's Palace and found it missing, it made sense historically. But the famous Bronze Horses should have been there in 1478, right?

Hope someone knows something... this is just one of those things that's been bugging me since I got to Venice. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

zom

eurozom
05-15-2010, 03:44 PM
This is really a history nerd question...

I was wondering if any reason has ever been given for the famous statues of the 4 horses normally positioned on the terrace of San Marco's cathedral... considering how iconic and famous they are, and how much detail the design team included in the game, it seems really weird for them not to be present in the game.

I mean, the famous Bridge of Sighs was not built yet, so when I walked around the corner of the Doge's Palace and found it missing, it made sense historically. But the famous Bronze Horses should have been there in 1478, right?

Hope someone knows something... this is just one of those things that's been bugging me since I got to Venice. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

zom

Deathshennin
05-15-2010, 06:55 PM
Maybe they forgot it ?

The horses where brought and placed in Venice at 1254. Though Napoleon took the horses like 500 years later, and brought them back later. Might be a conspiracy.

;O

NightmareGK13
05-15-2010, 07:00 PM
i asked myself the same question
they also missed some more ornaments on that same basilica

if they did indeed forgot about them
they could also make a mistake regarding brotherhood regarding the video we all saw placing the story in 1590

or maybe they didn't add them for gameplay sakes?

eurozom
06-07-2010, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the answers guys...

Maybe it was for gameplay purposes, though I can't really think of a reason why they couldn't be there.

Maybe they forgot them too, but it seems to me that would be a pretty HUGE thing to forget in terms of the iconic appearance of San Marco. Those horses are one of things that EVERYONE remembers.

It's just weird. Ah well...