PDA

View Full Version : Rudder Trim Neutral?

hmkim
02-13-2006, 04:09 PM
I've assigned one key on my X52 throttle as a neutral rudder trim button. I'm not sure what it actually does, though (I can't really feel its effect in the sim). Does pressing that button override my previous rudder trim setting and set the rudder in a neutral (i.e., center) position?

hmkim
02-13-2006, 04:09 PM
I've assigned one key on my X52 throttle as a neutral rudder trim button. I'm not sure what it actually does, though (I can't really feel its effect in the sim). Does pressing that button override my previous rudder trim setting and set the rudder in a neutral (i.e., center) position?

MLudner
02-13-2006, 05:33 PM
Precisely. All it does is return your rudder trim to center (neutral). Trim an aircraft into a left or right yaw, then hit your button and you'll notice the effect.

p-11.cAce
02-13-2006, 09:38 PM
If your trim is assigned to one of the rotaries (mine is my x45) does it just flick to neutral and then back to wherever your rotary is at? or does it set a new center point where you hit the center button at?

ATLAS_DEATH
02-13-2006, 10:35 PM
It may work like the throttle... say you are at 50% ... use the keyboard to move it to say 70% .. now move the joysticks throttle.. it should start back at 50% where it left off... I'd assume the rotories to act the same.