PDA

View Full Version : Desmond's Journey feedback (spolier)

Kameleon1971
12-09-2011, 03:06 AM
First of all, I have so far only completed two of them. And honestly speaking I never want to do another again, but I have to if I want to see the story played out.

This was quite simply, a TOTAL waste of time. I failed so often, had to retry so often that I almost quit the entire game.

And at the end of finally completing the second journey: F-ALL. Yep absoultely fack all given. So this whole dumb puzzle was simply to hear Q tell me more about my past....

WhatTheFEver Devs, this is tripe.

EscoBlades
12-09-2011, 03:10 AM
So because you failed at a puzzle that was designed to be challenging, and the devs didn't spoon feed you some giant reward as a result; you deem an innovative feature to be rubbish?

Great logic there http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

PS: I didn't even think they were that hard. Timing and a little bit of mental gymnastics = success.

itsamea-mario
12-09-2011, 03:21 AM
That you judge then without even completing all of them shows your character.

Kameleon1971
12-09-2011, 05:43 AM
The main point is: they are POINTLESS.

Completely aside from AC, just random puzzles that have voice overs explaining back story.

P.S. itsamea, my character is all about logic, not illogical puzzles randomly added to fill the game.

ProdiGurl
12-09-2011, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by Kameleon1971:

I have news, ALL GAMES ARE ULTIMATELY POINTLESS lol. (in my humble opinion)

It's about FUN & entertainment. Enjoyment.
If you don't enjoy a segment of AC, skip it. I didn't do any of Desmond's stuff yet. I've been having too much fun elsewhere in the game & have lots more to complete.

I hated racing & timed events in ACB, so I avoided some challenges & side missions that involved them.
I don't consider them pointless - they're fun for some people who get into racing & timed challenges...

I'm not a puzzle person either, I could have gone without the Subject 16 puzzle stuff w/ the glyphs too - but I don't consider them pointless when others love that.
It's just not my gig.

EscoBlades
12-09-2011, 06:18 AM

Further proof you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. Maybe listen when playing another Desmond section next time.

LightRey
12-09-2011, 06:46 AM

Completely aside from AC, just random puzzles that have voice overs explaining back story.

P.S. itsamea, my character is all about logic, not illogical puzzles randomly added to fill the game.
Since when is back story pointless in a story?

The puzzles aren't illogical. Not only do they have logical solutions, their construction often pertains to the point in Desmond's story. A good example of this is when Desmond is running away and comes to a river.

I also very much liked how they made each puzzle look more like the real world, as if to show that the older a memory, the more deteriorated it is.

Il_Divo
12-09-2011, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kameleon1971:

Since when is back story pointless in a story?

The puzzles aren't illogical. Not only do they have logical solutions, their construction often pertains to the point in Desmond's story. A good example of this is when Desmond is running away and comes to a river.

I also very much liked how they made each puzzle look more like the real world, as if to show that the older a memory, the more deteriorated it is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly. If it is possible to blend gameplay and narrative, then AC:R just took it to the next level. Exploring Desmond's backstory from that perspective I think was a great way of getting into his mindset.

ace3001
12-09-2011, 08:35 AM
The last Desmond's Journey mission ("Regret", I think) changed my mind about them. That was simply brilliant. Especially where that mission ends was a nice touch. I wish others prior to that were as good.
Though I gotta say those really aren't challenging. You can just move forward while placing blocks. Even through those orange floating things. Once your block breaks, quickly place another one. Only problem is the completely orange areas. But a few mishaps later, you'll find that you're on your way again.

itsamea-mario
12-09-2011, 09:44 AM

Logic?

Logic would say that you should atleast try them all before you judged them all.
They get better as they go on.
Also harder, that you continuesly fail on first two means y'aint that good son.

johnnyhayek
12-09-2011, 10:26 AM
I really liked Desmond's journey. Sure, I wasn't really hooked in the first 2 like you, but from the 3rd and onwards, I really like them. They are really easy IMO. Just keep spawning blocks as you move and you'll be fine. Also, the backstory they provided on Desmond was really good.

Agentbarto
12-09-2011, 10:36 AM
Did anyone else notice the city outside the metaphoric "windows" during some of the sessions?

playassassins1
12-09-2011, 10:42 AM
Whaaaaaat????? The Desmond missions are Amazing!!!
they were one of the best things i played in ACR!
And i really liked how the areas tied in to Desmond's Story. Just like lightrey said.

And it wasn't pointless at all. They gave you allot of information about Desmond while you were solving how to get across a certain area.

It was just great!

ProdiGurl
12-09-2011, 11:02 AM
In the review by.. I think Gamespot, they bagged on the Desmond events & Den Defense.

LightRey
12-09-2011, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Agentbarto:
Did anyone else notice the city outside the metaphoric "windows" during some of the sessions?
I did. I'm not sure which city it was though.

ace3001
12-09-2011, 11:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Agentbarto:
I did. I'm not sure which city it was though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Looked to me like a hybrid of Florence and Venice. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

RzaRecta357
12-09-2011, 12:23 PM
God DAMN I loved those Desmond flashbacks that totally reveal his character besides flirting or worrying about animus actions.

value_zero
12-09-2011, 12:30 PM
Actually that game was really easy and really fun, reminds kind of P**tal 2.

SteelCity999
12-09-2011, 03:34 PM
I would've liked to see (in addition to) what was presented to us plus:

Desmond fighting with the animus....where the animus and himself cannot sync and whereby he starts to access other ancestos in specific moments in history. The fun would be they could make it fairly linear like the tomb missions but not finish the memory. For example imagine infiltrating Germany to assasinate Hitler - the catch is you don't ever see Hitler only enough to make you wonder...then right before you reach the target you desync completely. You could 4 ancestors this way. It would be a teaser of where the series could go....and fun to wonder about...

kriegerdesgottes
12-09-2011, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by EscoBlades:
So because you failed at a puzzle that was designed to be challenging, and the devs didn't spoon feed you some giant reward as a result; you deem an innovative feature to be rubbish?

Great logic there http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

PS: I didn't even think they were that hard. Timing and a little bit of mental gymnastics = success.

There's a difference between challenging and downright annoying. Those ******ed sequences jump head first into annoying territory and it's no where near as interesting as I was hoping either. batman's challenge missions are challenging and FUN. The Desmond sequences are boring and annoying imo.

BK-110
12-09-2011, 04:31 PM
I liked them. They weren't too hard yet still challenging and it was great to get to know more about Desmond's past and how he actually felt about being an Assassin. Honestly, one should finish them before the final sequence, because they're actually rather relevant.

Aside from that they have an awesome atmosphere with sounds and narration telling the story.

And I quite honestly didn't find them annoying or frustrating in any way.

kriegerdesgottes
12-09-2011, 04:54 PM
I don't feel that they revealed anything all that new about Desmond. He lived on an off the grid farm. There were no animals maybe a dog.....ok...His father wanted him to be an assassin..duh... He didn't want to be and he ran off. We knew this already. He met some hot chicks in Chicago. I can attest to the hottness of chicks in Chicago as that is where I am from but this is no revelation. The only significant thing about it at all was Desmond accepting the fact he's an assassin. Which really he decided in ACII when he said I'm willing, I'm ready and I'm able. I believed we were going to actually play his memories so I guess I was just disappointed.

Agentbarto
12-09-2011, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Agentbarto:
I did. I'm not sure which city it was though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Looked to me like a hybrid of Florence and Venice. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not entirely sure either; I'd say its some other European city we've yet to see as it doesn't accurately represent the past in game depictions of either city.

LightRey
12-09-2011, 05:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
I did. I'm not sure which city it was though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Looked to me like a hybrid of Florence and Venice. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not entirely sure either; I'd say its some other European city we've yet to see as it doesn't accurately represent the past in game depictions of either city. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
maybe it's a hint to the next ancestor/setting.

Agentbarto
12-09-2011, 07:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:

I'm not entirely sure either; I'd say its some other European city we've yet to see as it doesn't accurately represent the past in game depictions of either city. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
maybe it's a hint to the next ancestor/setting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hope so, though I think it looks like Enlightenment France that could just be wishful thinking.

LightRey
12-10-2011, 04:20 AM
Hope so, though I think it looks like Enlightenment France that could just be wishful thinking.
I should take a closer look next time and look for some landmarks.

lucifero2114
12-10-2011, 05:09 AM
wot the? it wasn't challenging at all, mate

the artistic designs were briliant!!!!!!!

though the gameplay is a bit bland for me, and desmond revealed so little about himself....if that's wot you mean by pointless?

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

Agentbarto
12-10-2011, 09:22 PM
I should take a closer look next time and look for some landmarks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just think it's France because of the architecture and the street lamps. Not basing it on much I know, but if you eliminate the improbable (Italian/Modern architecture), whatever is left, however improbable "might" be the truth. (That's right I changed it up a bit.)