PDA

View Full Version : Original AC on Blu-Ray for PS3 Sig? But where is it?

EQWashu
11-17-2011, 02:10 PM
I (finally) got my copy today in the mail and saw for the PS3 version of the game, you got a Blu-Ray copy of the OG (which is great for me since I never got to play much of it).

But here's my question...where is it?!?!?

Its not in the package, and there's no slip to send for it. Did Gamestop take it out (like they did with those promo things with Dues Ex) or is it on the same disc as Revelations? This inquiring mind wants to know!

Thanks in advance, and see you all in the Animus!

-EQ

EQWashu
11-17-2011, 02:10 PM
I (finally) got my copy today in the mail and saw for the PS3 version of the game, you got a Blu-Ray copy of the OG (which is great for me since I never got to play much of it).

But here's my question...where is it?!?!?

Its not in the package, and there's no slip to send for it. Did Gamestop take it out (like they did with those promo things with Dues Ex) or is it on the same disc as Revelations? This inquiring mind wants to know!

Thanks in advance, and see you all in the Animus!

-EQ

sticks165
11-17-2011, 02:15 PM
go to the xmb and you will see 2 discs click the second one and it should download

SleezeRocker
11-17-2011, 02:18 PM
First of all on the front of the game box, does it have a small picture of OG AC1?

Second: Plug in ACR and right before you start the game, underneath you see a faded Blue disc underneath the ACR title. It should say "AC Revelations/Assasisn's Creed". Click it and wait about 10min for the game to install the 8gb game.

Note: you will still NEED ACR to access AC1 so don't think you can install it on multiple PS3 since without ACR, you can't access AC1 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

luckyto
11-17-2011, 02:18 PM
Under the main PS3 menu > Games, you'll see two options: "Assassin's Creed Revelations" and "AC Revelations / Assassin's Creed".

Select the latter. It will install to your hard drive. Takes a little over 7Gb and about a 20-30 minutes. Once it is installed, a third option will appear "ACR / Assassin's Creed" and it will have the icon from the original game. That's your original game right there, and it does still use your old game save file.

I'm curious to know if it crashes less being installed to your hard drive.

EQWashu
11-17-2011, 02:24 PM
ahh so it is on the main disc. Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif woohoo 2 for 1! 2 for 1! lol

I would assume it crashes less if its got the room (I have LBP and Infamous on my drive from Sony's "We're sorry we never thought our servers would get hacked causing your Master Templar score to go to 0" package)

-EQ (hoping her skills she picked up for the new weapons in MP Beta are not super-rusty! lol)

EQWashu
11-17-2011, 02:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SleezeRocker:
First of all on the front of the game box, does it have a small picture of OG AC1?

Second: Plug in ACR and right before you start the game, underneath you see a faded Blue disc underneath the ACR title. It should say "AC Revelations/Assasisn's Creed". Click it and wait about 10min for the game to install the 8gb game.

Note: you will still NEED ACR to access AC1 so don't think you can install it on multiple PS3 since without ACR, you can't access AC1 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh sorry, the Signature Edition has the OG in it, I didn't realize I left it out of the post...

I don't have to worry about putting the game on another PS3 (unless this one crashes Piece of Eden forbid) since I don't know anyone locally with a PS3 (any game friends I do have are either far away or don't have one *cries*) Plus, I'm a goody two-shoes lol

I honestly didn't know the OG was on the Signature Edition, I was kinda focused on getting it pre-ordered and getting the Harlequin (if I had the $$ I would have gotten the Limited Edition like I did for Brotherhood, but thanks to Arkham city I kinda had no funds lol)

-EQ (hook bladin' time! woo hoo!)

MatDolton
11-17-2011, 04:35 PM
Ah that explains what the second AC:R launch was on the PS3 main menu... thanks for that.