PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Embers - AC3 set in China

rain89c
11-26-2011, 12:33 AM
I haven't finished AC:R yet, (pretty boring tbh, nothing new worth mentioning about, and everything looked copied & paste with few modification to exterior designs).

With the introduction of Shao Jun pursuing a way to restore her people's order against the emperor, anyone thinks this is a hint that AC3 will set in China featuring Shao Jun or possibly a Chinese Assassin around the 16-1800s?

If so, I think it would be awesome!
I loved the emperor's assassins in this film, freaking cool! Now that's what I call great aesthetic feel of an assassin theme.
Not that Italian brotherhood order, it doesn't feel assassin-ish, it feels more like a kamikaze -act-cool-expose-self-as-much-as-possible- type of "warrior"

tbh, I actually enjoyed Ember more than AC:R currently.

rain89c
11-26-2011, 12:33 AM
I haven't finished AC:R yet, (pretty boring tbh, nothing new worth mentioning about, and everything looked copied & paste with few modification to exterior designs).

With the introduction of Shao Jun pursuing a way to restore her people's order against the emperor, anyone thinks this is a hint that AC3 will set in China featuring Shao Jun or possibly a Chinese Assassin around the 16-1800s?

If so, I think it would be awesome!
I loved the emperor's assassins in this film, freaking cool! Now that's what I call great aesthetic feel of an assassin theme.
Not that Italian brotherhood order, it doesn't feel assassin-ish, it feels more like a kamikaze -act-cool-expose-self-as-much-as-possible- type of "warrior"

tbh, I actually enjoyed Ember more than AC:R currently.

Serrachio
11-26-2011, 02:26 AM
If it is set in China, I'd like it not to go down the whole "ninja" route.

That would just be slightly cheap.

I'd hope that they can invest a story with a good narrative to it.

Scystab
11-26-2011, 02:43 AM
True on the italian part. But would it make sense that Desmond's not so distant (@200 years)ancestors were asian?
Wouldn't so few passed generations surly have an impact on the 2012's Desmond apperance/ethnicity? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Also, you call the "hook and run" move boring? I think it's awesome http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

LightRey
11-26-2011, 05:54 AM
Because China has everything to do with Masonic Eyes and Phrygian Caps!

ProdiGurl
11-26-2011, 06:43 AM
I'd rather it was set somewhere in Europe or Egypt than the Asian flare. But I'll be fine with wherever they go as long as the Protagonist is charismatic & kool.

iNJW
11-26-2011, 08:59 AM
how can AC3 be set in china just because of Shao Jun, shes not an ancestor of desmond...

LightRey
11-26-2011, 09:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iNJW:
how can AC3 be set in china just because of Shao Jun, shes not an ancestor of desmond... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well not as far as we know. Technically she could be (though it's highly unlikely).
Anyways you're right. We already knew there were assassins in China which is not by far enough reason to assume that AC3 will take place there. We also know there were assassin orders in England, Germany, India and basically every country near the Mediterranean Sea. Any of those are at least as good candidates as China.

fossa1991
11-26-2011, 12:11 PM
Holy shi* i think it would have been a great idea to be Shao becouse of her hidden blade :O We all want something new so why not right ? The combat would be fully revamped(did i write that right?)And last but not least female protagonist http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Wait a minute i think i see the possibility of lesbian courtesans http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

rain89c
11-26-2011, 12:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fossa1991:
Holy shi* i think it would have been a great idea to be Shao becouse of her hidden blade :O We all want something new so why not right ? The combat would be fully revamped(did i write that right?)And last but not least female protagonist http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Wait a minute i think i see the possibility of lesbian courtesans http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, I loved her hidden blade placement, very secretive use. And I think the placement of the blade would allow for more acrobatic kills, which I find appealing. But anyways, I'd rather play a male char than female =P

Assassin_M
11-26-2011, 12:33 PM
I would`nt mind a female Protagonist, on one condition though..

She has to be an absolute Badass..

Abeonis
11-26-2011, 12:36 PM
SPOILER
Now that Desmond and co. are in the area around New York, I think it's become increasingly likely to be set during the Revolutionary War in the US; with an ancestor of his discovering and entering the Grand Temple during that period. This is the only reason I can think of that would allow for Desmond to be forced to investigate the memories of yet another ancestor.

NuclearFuss
11-26-2011, 12:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:

She has to be an absolute Badass.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've yet to see a not badass Assassin.

Anyway am I right in thinking we can't play a female ancestor because all their sex cells are created at birth so no memories are recorded? If so Shao Jun as a playable character is out. Although it'd be pretty interesting playing one of her recruits (when she's established an order obviously), or maybe have her at the same level as you, while you both work to set up an order.

LightRey
11-26-2011, 01:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sackboy411:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:

Anyway am I right in thinking we can't play a female ancestor because all their sex cells are created at birth so no memories are recorded? If so Shao Jun as a playable character is out. Although it'd be pretty interesting playing one of her recruits (when she's established an order obviously), or maybe have her at the same level as you, while you both work to set up an order. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Shaun isn't really badass.
He is bad though.
and he's kind of an... well you can guess.

Assassin_M
11-26-2011, 01:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sackboy411:

Anyway am I right in thinking we can't play a female ancestor because all their sex cells are created at birth so no memories are recorded? If so Shao Jun as a playable character is out. Although it'd be pretty interesting playing one of her recruits (when she's established an order obviously), or maybe have her at the same level as you, while you both work to set up an order. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Shaun isn't really badass.
He is bad though.
and he's kind of an... well you can guess. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
is he the second part of the word "Badass" ?

LightRey
11-26-2011, 01:05 PM
is he the second part of the word "Badass" ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Maybe. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Assassin_M
11-26-2011, 01:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
is he the second part of the word "Badass" ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Maybe. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You Naughty, Naughty Boy..

RzaRecta357
11-26-2011, 01:21 PM
Hey look another topic about Japan which is a terrible idea just because someone thinks a blade in the shoe is badass!

Which it is. But it isn't THAT cool.

Turinrp
11-26-2011, 03:26 PM
I'd like to play with Shao Jun, if is not AC 3 I would like to see her in a spin-off!

NuclearFuss
11-26-2011, 03:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
Hey look another topic about China which is a terrible idea just because someone thinks a blade in the shoe is badass!

Which it is. But it isn't THAT cool. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fixed that for ya, buddy.

Wow. Being British and saying buddy feels.... weird. Even though I didn't say it out loud obviously http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif