PDA

View Full Version : IL2 Forgotten Battles - Instant action

flagpole1972
10-10-2004, 04:09 AM
I wonder if you can help me. Is there a keystroke that I can use to bring me to my objective instantly while playing campaign mode. Il2 is a fantantic flight sim but i find that it takes quite a while to fly to the objective (even with the time accelerated x8). thanks

DD_NL
10-10-2004, 04:55 AM
Yes, you can change a few things in your Conf.ini file: See where it says MissionDistance=30.

2. New parameters in conf.ini:
RandomFlights=n sets number of flight groups not related to mission. Maximum is 5, minimum 0, default 2. New random groups - friendly bombers and returning allied planes.
NoBadWeather eliminates storms, rain, snow, blind weather. All weather is possible by default
NoAirfieldHighlight - Not used airfields won't have AAAs anymore, which also removes their highlighting with a color on a map. They have AAA and are highlighted by default
CampaignAI=Easy (Hard), default is Normal - increases or decreases friendly and hostile AI level.
CampaignMissions=Easy (Hard), default is Normal - switches to different scripts for operations, affecting number of planes and groups. Even on Hard, the scripts are less challenging than in the previous version - for all nations and years. CampaignDifficulty now sets both AI and Missions.
CampaignLength=VeryLong (Long,Medium,Short,VeryShort), default is VeryLong. Sets number of missions in campaign. Long is about 2 times shorter than VeryLong. VeryShort is about 10 times shorter.

The lines can be placed anywhere in conf.ini, but recommended way to do it is to create in the end of the files a new [DGen] section and add everything after that. An example:

[DGen]
NoAirfieldHighlight
NoBadWeather
RandomFlights=3
MissionDistance=30
CampaignMissions=Hard
CampaignAI=Easy
CampaignLength=Long

JG52_Helgstrand
10-10-2004, 04:57 AM
Fraid not mate, flying to the objective is as important as the mission objective itself.
Don't sell your self short, enjoy the ride.
Or put it on auto pilot, accel x8, and go do something else. When you get back your ride will be landed on the runway ready to go again. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

JG52_Helgstrand
10-10-2004, 05:00 AM
OK, or do what DD_NL said...

DD_NL
10-10-2004, 05:06 AM
The tweak above is basically something for people with slower comps, as it tones down the campaign abit. The Missiondistance thingy is not guaranteed to always work, depending on the mission/campaign.