PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else think that ACR should have a difficulty system?

ItzJaSoN24
05-29-2011, 08:23 PM
I know Assassin's Creed is all about the story, history, and stunning visuals but I personally think that the AI was way to easy to defeat in previous games. I mean come on, I only die when I fall off very high rooftops! I've been told to limit myself from the highest armours and the assassins I recruited myself to make the game harder..but why should I? Its not my fault the game is easy. Don't get me wrong, I love AC and I've spent almost 50 hours on Brotherhood but I think that there needs to be a difficulty option. What do you guys think?

Razrback16
05-29-2011, 08:32 PM
No, I like it the way it is. What they can do to make it a little harder is to put in more enemies, or make the fighting even more challenging -- more types of enemies with different weapons/attacks. I also wish certain parts of Brotherhood had had more enemies. For example at the end of the game I wish you could've fought a couple hundred guys at once to force you to run out of double-execution kill weapons and be forced to engage heavy weapon & spear carriers with single-kill executions only.

kriegerdesgottes
05-29-2011, 08:49 PM
No it's fine the way it is. Also it wouldn't make much sense for Desmond to relive his memories with different difficulty settings.

Mutant524
05-30-2011, 03:48 AM
It's fine the way it is.

Higher difficulties would mean you'd take more damage from falls and fights.

I can imagine people getting annoyed and frustrated when they stick it on a harder difficulty for an achievement or something then finding the game is unplayable because they die with two hits from a guards sword or when jumping off a 2-storey building.

They could make it "harder" by making the AI less predictable and to make the combat more challenging (holding RT and pressing X when the enemy swings for an insta-kill is not challenging).

crash3
05-30-2011, 06:29 AM
i personally dont need a difficulty system, i know the controls well so i would welcome a game that is simply more difficult-i like challenges

but there will always be people who are new to the game so they may want it to have an easier difficulty option

but as far as im concerned im just desperate for a harder game, mainly in terms of combat and AI

medcsu11
05-30-2011, 06:32 AM
In truth, I would like a HARD MODE in the game. I always like a superior challenge and although I love the game totally, I really think it is far too easy (combat wise). I wont be upset in any manner if it isnt added, but yes, I would love to see it implemented.

dxsxhxcx
05-30-2011, 07:11 AM
I don't know why some people are against this, it's an optional thing, it's not like you'll be forced to play in the other modes, easy would be the way it's now and then normal and/or hard will be more difficult for those who think this game it's too easy...

look at The Witcher 2 as a example, in easy mode the guards don't defend our attacks and their shields are only there for aesthetic (we can hit them through their shields), they also do less damage, while in normal mode sometimes they defend our attacks with their swords and we'll only hit the guards with shields when their defense are open, their attacks also do more damage on normal mode...

in my opinion, something like this in AC would be awesome...

iN3krO
05-30-2011, 07:53 AM
Why do you want an easy game? for that i prefer a movie... it's the same play AcB as a game and as a movies... you don't need to think or have skill... a good game requires skill and that's why Ac1 was the best in the series...

I really don't understand why you would dislike an hard game, it adds more gameplay hours, it make you more happy when you can beat the game and it TRAINS your Audio, Vison and Hands Coordination...

Exemples:

A good counter-strike player learns how to play piano faster, he also can spot lower sounds with more easiness.

A good god-of-war player learns how to play guitar faster.

GunnarGunderson
05-30-2011, 07:57 AM
Why is everyone saying they wouldn't want it? Obviously there'd be difficulty settings and people who don't want to be challenged in any way can choose easy

Mutant524
05-30-2011, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
Why do you want an easy game? for that i prefer a movie... it's the same play AcB as a game and as a movies... you don't need to think or have skill... a good game requires skill and that's why Ac1 was the best in the series...

I really don't understand why you would dislike an hard game, it adds more gameplay hours, it make you more happy when you can beat the game and it TRAINS your Audio, Vison and Hands Coordination...

Exemples:

A good counter-strike player learns how to play piano faster, he also can spot lower sounds with more easiness.

What a load of crap. Playing games doesn't make you learn an insrument faster. Practice and dedication over many years does. You're not going to be able to play like Eddie Van Halen just because you play Guitar Hero on Expert difficulty.

ShaneO7K
05-30-2011, 08:15 AM

Exemples:

A good god-of-war player learns how to play guitar faster. ...What?

iN3krO
05-30-2011, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:

Exemples:

A good god-of-war player learns how to play guitar faster. ...What? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You didn't know that gaming skill increases your 5 senses? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif now you do....

iN3krO
05-30-2011, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Mutant524:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:

Exemples:

What a load of crap. Playing games doesn't make you learn an insrument faster. Practice and dedication over many years does. You're not going to be able to play like Eddie Van Halen just because you play Guitar Hero on Expert difficulty. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have i talked about guitar hero? it sucks.. LOOL...

Maybe not just by playing guitar hero but it's better to play guitar hero in expert since 6 years old until 12 and than start playing guitar than start playing guitar with 12... when you start with guitar you'll learn FASTER...

Maybe instead of losing 5 years without any skill you just lose 1 year....

Normally ppl takes 6 months to be able to play the first full music with piano... i did it in 2 months (cuz i thinked it was a myth like you do and i wanted to prove if it was true or false)...

Bruno_Berg
05-30-2011, 08:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mutant524:

Exemples:

What a load of crap. Playing games doesn't make you learn an insrument faster. Practice and dedication over many years does. You're not going to be able to play like Eddie Van Halen just because you play Guitar Hero on Expert difficulty. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe not just by playing guitar hero but it's better to play guitar hero in expert since 6 years old until 12 and than start playing guitar than start playing guitar with 12... when you start with guitar you'll learn FASTER...

Normally ppl takes 6 months to be able to play the first full music with piano... i did it in 2 months (cuz i thinked it was a myth like you do and i wanted to prove if it was true or false)... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I still can't see why a CS player would learn how to play the piano faster, it's ridiculous.

iN3krO
05-30-2011, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Bruno_Berg:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mutant524:

Exemples:

Normally ppl takes 6 months to be able to play the first full music with piano... i did it in 2 months (cuz i thinked it was a myth like you do and i wanted to prove if it was true or false)... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I still can't see why a CS player would learn how to play the piano faster, it's ridiculous. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, i don't understand either... it's just facts...

ShaneO7K
05-30-2011, 09:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bruno_Berg:

I still can't see why a CS player would learn how to play the piano faster, it's ridiculous.

Well, i don't understand either... it's just facts... </div></BLOCKQUOTE> And how do you know this is a "fact"?

iN3krO
05-30-2011, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bruno_Berg:

Well, i don't understand either... it's just facts... </div></BLOCKQUOTE> And how do you know this is a "fact"? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I said i had proven it my self with the piano...

xerxesofthe
05-30-2011, 09:29 AM
Not a difficulty setting but I feel that ubi is going a bit to easy on the players, when they announced the papal guards I was exited for a challenge but in the game they shied and made them "bosses". I was hoping to find places like the castello littered with guards and papal elites, were does ceasare keep his massive armies? Oh right up his slevies. Ubi needs to reward the skilled players for knowing how to play the game and playing it well with a challenging experience... In other words halfway through revelations I hope to see barracks and outpost crawling with guards and elites almost as common as brutes in AC2, I think that the attacks on the hideouts are a great chance for a challenge couse it dos not look like having hideouts is mandatory they just give you bonuses and if your not skilled enough to defend it your self then your assassin recruits take care of it. Wouldn't it be great if every now and then twenty to fifty guards of varies types gathered at your hideout for a big battle? These are my hopes for acr and I hope ubi dos not wuss out.

iN3krO
05-30-2011, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by xerxesofthe:
Not a difficulty setting but I feel that ubi is going a bit to easy on the players, when they announced the papal guards I was exited for a challenge but in the game they shied and made them "bosses". I was hoping to find places like the castello littered with guards and papal elites, were does ceasare keep his massive armies? Oh right up his slevies. Ubi needs to reward the skilled players for knowing how to play the game and playing it well with a challenging experience... In other words halfway through revelations I hope to see barracks and outpost crawling with guards and elites almost as common as brutes in AC2, I think that the attacks on the hideouts are a great chance for a challenge couse it dos not look like having hideouts is mandatory they just give you bonuses and if your not skilled enough to defend it your self then your assassin recruits take care of it. Wouldn't it be great if every now and then twenty to fifty guards of varies types gathered at your hideout for a big battle? These are my hopes for acr and I hope ubi dos not wuss out.

However the hideout thing will kill the whole game base...

3rd sentence from the creed:

Do not compromise the bortherhood...

Why do templars attacks assassin's hideout? any1 compromised the brotherhood...

The challenging should be present in the whole game forcing non-skilled players to get skill or to use stealth-ways...

Turkiye96
05-30-2011, 09:50 AM
it should but there shouldn't be a any reward system for harder levels so everyone can enjoy it and those who like a challenge will get it

iN3krO
05-30-2011, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Turkiye96:
it should but there shouldn't be a any reward system for harder levels so everyone can enjoy it and those who like a challenge will get it

There is no reward? OMFG...

When i finished Ac1 for first time i was like if i had have an adrenaline shot... i was so happy and satisfied... (like [edit: swearing removed - do not bypass the filter] Yeah)

However when i finished Ac2 i didn't feel that WOW... i was like: It finished, ok.... (like Pokerface)

When i finished AcB i was like Are you [edit: swearing removed - do not bypass the filter] kidding me? xD...

I mean, it wont add anything to the story part but when you finish the story part you'll be much happier than in ac2 and acb...

ShaneO7K
05-30-2011, 10:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xerxesofthe:

However the hideout thing will kill the whole game base...

3rd sentence from the creed:

Do not compromise the bortherhood...

Why do templars attacks assassin's hideout? any1 compromised the brotherhood...

The challenging should be present in the whole game forcing non-skilled players to get skill or to use stealth-ways... </div></BLOCKQUOTE> They didn't really compromise the brotherhood, it's just commonsense that if the assassin's took a stronghold from them that there will be assassin's still around there.

A real compromise would be an assassin giving information to the templars about the whereabouts of key members in the order or something like that. Altair lead the templars right back to Masayaf in AC1 leading to many Assassin's dying, now that's a compromise.

crash3
05-30-2011, 11:11 AM
should be a system where as you increase your notoriety, the more you compromise the brotherhood, more people walking in the street will know who you are, temlar agents will spy on you or try to ambush you, and of course the assassins dens get attacked more

SAVMATIC
05-31-2011, 03:48 AM
theres a difference between a game being hard and challenging, okay? No one is wanting it to be HARD, THEY JUST DONT WANT TERRIBLE AI THAT MAKES COMBAT NO FUN. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS SIMPLE CONCEPT?

also, of course the system isnt fine "as it is"....people complain about every other ****ing thing under the sun when it comes to this game, but with something like this, everyone says its fine? idiots. its a difficulty system, its OPTIONAL, how could that hurt ANYTHING? use your feeble little minds,please

SAVMATIC
05-31-2011, 03:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Turkiye96:

There is no reward? OMFG...

When i finished Ac1 for first time i was like if i had have an adrenaline shot... i was so happy and satisfied... (like [edit: swearing removed - do not bypass the filter] Yeah)

However when i finished Ac2 i didn't feel that WOW... i was like: It finished, ok.... (like Pokerface)

When i finished AcB i was like Are you [edit: swearing removed - do not bypass the filter]kidding me? xD...

I mean, it wont add anything to the story part but when you finish the story part you'll be much happier than in ac2 and acb... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

your a weirdo, please stop assuming that everyones brain works in as stupid a way as yours

crash3
05-31-2011, 04:56 AM
a difficulty system will at least stop all these arguments over whether the game is hard enough or not

there are plenty of AC veterans who are desperatefor a challenge but there are also always gonna be newcomers who need an easier mode to get used to the mechanics of the game ok?

IIwangcarsII
05-31-2011, 05:01 AM
I would prefer them to make the game more difficult in itself rather than add difficulty options! I always feel like a ******ed noob when I choose easy. And I hope if they do add difficulty option, they dont make the most difficult insanely hard!

ShaneO7K
05-31-2011, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by JetChrisUK:
I would prefer them to make the game more difficult in itself rather than add difficulty options! I always feel like a ******ed noob when I choose easy. And I hope if they do add difficulty option, they dont make the most difficult insanely hard! If they made difficulty like AC1 where it starts off harder and once you get more experience and weapons things get slightly easier.

IIwangcarsII
05-31-2011, 05:18 AM
Exactly! I just dont like the idea of difficulty settings! I prefer to play the game with the same challenge everyone else has! But not be overwhelmed with by how hard it is!

ShaneO7K
05-31-2011, 05:24 AM
Exactly! I just dont like the idea of difficulty settings! I prefer to play the game with the same challenge everyone else has! But not be overwhelmed with by how hard it is! Yeah I think AC1 handled this well, it's just when they got feedback saying it was too difficult they took the notch down too far.

IIwangcarsII
05-31-2011, 05:34 AM
Yeah, lol but when I played AC2 I didnt take notice of the hints so I forgot you could buy additional armor so in missions they were pretty difficult! HAHA So I only had the first armor you buy from monteriggioni up until the mission where you have to fight Rodrigo in venice! LOL

Noble6
05-31-2011, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
No it's fine the way it is. Also it wouldn't make much sense for Desmond to relive his memories with different difficulty settings.
Well it could be explained with different states of Synchronization. On higher state animus would have more effective bleeding effect

I think Ubisoft won't make game much harder because they want that people outside "hardcore gamers" will buy their games. Diffulty settings would be good compromise I guess.

medcsu11
05-31-2011, 05:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:

Exemples:

A good god-of-war player learns how to play guitar faster. ...What? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You didn't know that gaming skill increases your 5 senses? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif now you do.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dare you to post some evidence to prove that gaming at a high end level raises your 5 senses. I will bow down and call you Jesus if you can prove this to be true because I know it is complete and total garbage.
When I say proof I am not talking about your neighbor either. I'm talking scientific studies. So let's see your evidence.

ShaneO7K
05-31-2011, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by medcsu11:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:

Exemples:

You didn't know that gaming skill increases your 5 senses? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif now you do.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dare you to post some evidence to prove that gaming at a high end level raises your 5 senses. I will bow down and call you Jesus if you can prove this to be true because I know it is complete and total garbage.
When I say proof I am not talking about your neighbor either. I'm talking scientific studies. So let's see your evidence. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> He has no proof, he'll make up some complete s**t to try and support what he's saying. He always does.

medcsu11
05-31-2011, 06:02 AM
Exactly! I just dont like the idea of difficulty settings! I prefer to play the game with the same challenge everyone else has! But not be overwhelmed with by how hard it is!

Not every player has the same ability at gaming. Some are horrendously terrible, while others are very good. God Of War, for example. A massive percentage could never consider beating it on it's hardest difficulty where as others flow right through Titan mode, etc.
You shouldnt punish a group because some people want to be able to do the same thing without option of higher levels of difficulty. That is absurd. If you can allow the OPTION for more challenge, you do it to appease not just one group, but all groups.
I have a feeling that many people are complaining about a difficulty setting option because of trophys that they know they will never be able to complete. That in itself is pathetic.

IIwangcarsII
05-31-2011, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by medcsu11:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JetChrisUK:

Not every player has the same ability at gaming. Some are horrendously terrible, while others are very good. God Of War, for example. A massive percentage could never consider beating it on it's hardest difficulty where as others flow right through Titan mode, etc.
You shouldnt punish a group because some people want to be able to do the same thing without option of higher levels of difficulty. That is absurd. If you can allow the OPTION for more challenge, you do it to appease not just one group, but all groups.
I have a feeling that many people are complaining about a difficulty setting option because of trophys that they know they will never be able to complete. That in itself is pathetic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How is it pathetic? I like to get all the achievements for my assassins creed games, and how is it fair to deny me that by making insanely hard difficulty settings for people who dont feel bad *** enough with the game?

dxsxhxcx
05-31-2011, 06:26 AM
I would prefer them to make the game more difficult in itself rather than add difficulty options!

the problem with this is, some people would still complain because the game isn't challenging enough or it's too hard (for some), with a difficulty system they would please everyone.. (if they do a good job, of course)

IIwangcarsII
05-31-2011, 06:28 AM
Okay so I guess I'm pro difficulty options at the moment, that is if they could pull it off alright and dont make it mind snappingly hard! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

medcsu11
05-31-2011, 02:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by medcsu11:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JetChrisUK:

I have a feeling that many people are complaining about a difficulty setting option because of trophys that they know they will never be able to complete. That in itself is pathetic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How is it pathetic? I like to get all the achievements for my assassins creed games, and how is it fair to deny me that by making insanely hard difficulty settings for people who dont feel bad *** enough with the game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well at least you are admitted the REAL reason this time. So, let me get this right.
Because YOU want to complete trophys, and feel you cant achieve a hard level completion of a game, you think others should suffer from being able to play at a higher difficulty level?
Wow

IIwangcarsII
05-31-2011, 11:20 PM
Okay so I could have reworded that better, I guess I'm just worried whether they could pull it off. Though looking at splinter cell conviction, that's highest difficulty was alright, the only bad thing was, that instead of starting a new game, I started from the missions menu and ended up finishing them all but didnt get the achievement LOL at me! But if ubisoft do put in difficulty levels, then I think I will just play it on its highest difficulty for the first playthrough. But It all depends on how challenging they make it.

Echo Yin
06-01-2011, 12:18 AM
no, cause game like sandbox type we're always be able to find a way to challenge ourselves.. no innocent guard killed or no being detected for instance, it's totally up to playershttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DoktorLegend
06-01-2011, 12:32 AM
Only after you've completed the game you start off again with nothing, little health (half the health you ever get in normal mode), and get hit harder by guards.

Id like that.