PDA

View Full Version : How to use renown points, medals and promotion.

russian_crazy
04-09-2005, 09:21 AM
Hi all sailors! I'm a new in Silent Hunter 3. But after a first patrol a had 2 medals for sailors and 1 promotion. And also 1400 renown points.

I managed to give promotion to an sailor. And give medals to some people.

So my question about it is: Does medals give some effect on game or it's just for decoration?

And what about renown points: when I went to U-boat options. I wanted to place a flack gun. But didn't managed how to do it. I saw a gun (22 mm) but on the right side was writen "0 renown".

I tried to drag the gun, dubble-click. But without result.

Thank you sailors and I wish you a good HUNT http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

con20or
04-09-2005, 09:57 AM
silent hunter 3 you mean. medals make your players more resilient to fatigue hardship etc. just like in real life i suppose. if u get awarded u are more willing to "go the extra mile".

as for your flak gun question my screen sais 0 renown too, dunno why cos i clearly have enough. maybe the gun costs nothing. try and double click on the flak gun ,then double click on the little picture of the gun beside it. if it sais "you already have it" then dont worry about it.

durex2000
04-09-2005, 10:07 AM
the value on the right side is actually the prize. If it says "0" it means the item is for free or you have it already. double click the flak gun (the type !) and it will let you know if you have it already installed.
your current renown is displayed in the upper left corner.
durex

reumatiib
04-09-2005, 10:12 AM
And you can also download the vitamin pack for your crew from Subism. I wondered what those vitamins were and then it dawned on me - it was just good 'ole Nazi stomp songs - combined with healthy threats to transfer any crewman who is a sluggard to the Wehrmacht.

russian_crazy
04-09-2005, 10:19 AM
Thank you guys, thank you a lot!

It is dubble-click! But times before I always clicked on icon and not on the text.

Well when I solved this problem I still get a picture about medals. Cours there are many types of them.

Each give an different effect on your crew?